Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:19 pm

22-0 wrote:Could be amazing but he needs to play weekly for that to grow.

how do we fit in esr/saka/martinelli and odegaard all in one tho? i cant really justify dropping any of em.

ESR...Martinelli....Saka
..............Ode..................

One for next season.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm

how do we fit in esr/saka/martinelli and odegaard all in one tho? i cant really justify dropping any of em.

I said this when we first had the problem, how will Arteta fit Odegaard and ESR (who I think are in direct competition) into the same team, as of now he has not found a solution that doesn't massively compromise the other player
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby 22-0 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm

Havent we tried nelli as striker before? thought that didnt work out.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:

I said this when we first had the problem, how will Arteta fit Odegaard and ESR (who I think are in direct competition) into the same team, as of now he has not found a solution that doesn't massively compromise the other player

Seems to have found a fairly decent solution given ESR has 10 goals this season :dontknow:

It's amazing, we regularly hear how he's being over used by Arteta and even had blame laid at the managers door for injuries when players have been played too much and then also regularly hear how we need depth and if we don't have it then it's all on Arteta... now it's his fault that he can't play everyone at the same time.
:rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:14 pm

22-0 wrote:Havent we tried nelli as striker before? thought that didnt work out.

He did well under Emery in the Cups as striker but the odd game here or there isn't enough time to adapt. He'd need a run of games to really see what he can do.

But either way, someone will have to adapt to a new role if we want to see all four play together. If it's not Martinelli as striker, it's either ESR or Ode...maybe both playing as 8 style CM's, ESR as a false 9 or Saka at wing back. I don't think there is a formation where they all can play the position we're used to seeing them play.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Seems to have found a fairly decent solution given ESR has 10 goals this season :dontknow:

It's amazing, we regularly hear how he's being over used by Arteta and even had blame laid at the managers door for injuries when players have been played too much and then also regularly hear how we need depth and if we don't have it then it's all on Arteta... now it's his fault that he can't play everyone at the same time.
:rolleyes:

And Odegaard has 6, thats my point, one or the other is being compromised
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:27 pm

There's something about his shooting technique I find very un-forward like. Lack of shot power maybe?

I'm glad he's scoring and finding the net w/ his finishing though.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:08 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:There's something about his shooting technique I find very un-forward like. Lack of shot power maybe?

I'm glad he's scoring and finding the net w/ his finishing though.

I hear you, I have seen him lambast shots that have been blocked too.

There is definitely something about how ESR and Pepe shoot, they both tend to caress the ball into the back of the net.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:30 pm

Reiss wrote:Another anonymous performance...

Being wasted as a winger we should be developing him as a cm
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 17, 2022 12:50 am

Those stupid looking short socks and black boots make him look like an ineffecual little schoolboy playing during lunch recess. That's what his performance was like today, Martinelli for the 90 would have been better.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Tue May 17, 2022 5:16 am

I don't think he was 100% fit for weeks. To be fair Saka, Tomiyasu, White and Gabriel Magalhaes didn't look fully fit as well.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:19 am

Great finish for the under 21s last night

Needs to play a lot more for us
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:47 am

Was nearly our top scorer after what he did in half a season. The lad can finish.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:14 pm

ESR needs to evolve his game if he wants to start at a big club. He’s not a striker or an inside forward. He’s more a Delle Ali style number ten and those type of players struggle to fit into starting elevens nowadays. He should evolve his style like KdB into an 8 who can drive the ball forward with power runs, pass it between the lines or make late runs like Lampard used to. But for that he’s going to have to work on his positional game and ball interceptions.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:05 pm

swipe right wrote:ESR needs to evolve his game if he wants to start at a big club. He’s not a striker or an inside forward. He’s more a Delle Ali style number ten and those type of players struggle to fit into starting elevens nowadays. He should evolve his style like KdB into an 8 who can drive the ball forward with power runs, pass it between the lines or make late runs like Lampard used to. But for that he’s going to have to work on his positional game and ball interceptions.

I think that's already happening since Odegaard has his 10 place. I'm not worried about his game because has the ability to do all of what you mentioned. An wide player, an 8 or 10....i think he can adapt to all and do well.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk