Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:55 pm

What sets ESR apart is his running with the ball. To me he is most like Rosicky but Rosicky was not as good running at pace.
If ESR can add elements to his game through experience and continue to score goals he is going to be a superstar in his own right - unlike any other player we have had. People will be drawing comparisons to him rather than the other way around.
He's developing fast and fingers crossed that is maintained and he stays free of serious injury.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:What sets ESR apart is his running with the ball. To me he is most like Rosicky but Rosicky was not as good running at pace.
If ESR can add elements to his game through experience and continue to score goals he is going to be a superstar in his own right - unlike any other player we have had. People will be drawing comparisons to him rather than the other way around.
He's developing fast and fingers crossed that is maintained and he stays free of serious injury.

He’s our Delle Ali.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:52 pm

His positional play is first class.

Very intelligent and naturally aware player. He just looks comfortable and at home on a football pitch.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:What sets ESR apart is his running with the ball. To me he is most like Rosicky but Rosicky was not as good running at pace.

Whachooo talking ' bout Willis!!!

Rosicky was one of the best players running with the ball at pace I have ever seen, its like the ball was glued to his feet. ESR is not at that level, very few players have EVER been at that level. Hleb was good but not as good as Rosicky. You have to look at legends like Figo and the Laudrup brothers for equals (ok, they were better, but you get my point)
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:25 pm

So pleased he got his first England goal. Didn't see it though.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Goonerred wrote:So pleased he got his first England goal. Didn't see it though.

Very good run and crisp finish.
That's 6 goals now this season across all comps.
Kid is stepping up another level and he's only 21.
The way he runs with the ball under control at high speed is going to terrorise defences even more if his confidence grows. I can think of one other player that has that control of the ball - two footed - running at that pace. I won't mention him because it would be unfair to compare ESR to that level right now. ;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:40 pm

His game is simple and effective, its going to be difficult to stop him, he will be a very consistent player.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:39 pm

He’s good in the final third. Good decision making, strong in the finish etc. But he needs to evolve more as a midfielder. I’d like to see whether he can play deeper. Can he keep the ball under pressure? Can he start attacks? Can he control the game more? He’s young and has time but these are qualities he will need to embrace if he’s going to become a KdB level of player.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zenith » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:10 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby themessiah » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:56 pm

learned how to strike the ball Better it seems, he’s so good. he was good before but when he is though one goal now .. I rarely worry.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:59 pm

themessiah wrote:learned how to strike the ball Better it seems, he’s so good. he was good before but when he is though one goal now .. I rarely worry.

He - along with Saka are just getting better and better and a real rate - whatever they are doing in training keep doing it.
ESR is already one of the best in his position, but if keeps getting better he's going to be a major world star. So is Saka... and Martinelli.
Bloody exciting.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby themessiah » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
themessiah wrote:learned how to strike the ball Better it seems, he’s so good. he was good before but when he is though one goal now .. I rarely worry.

He - along with Saka are just getting better and better and a real rate - whatever they are doing in training keep doing it.
ESR is already one of the best in his position, but if keeps getting better he's going to be a major world star. So is Saka... and Martinelli.
Bloody exciting.

Saka is the only one I worry about shooting wise. Doing well in assists. The next step is getting goals. Gabi ,Esr, Ode all adding up goals. .
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:08 pm

themessiah wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Bloody exciting.

Saka is the only one I worry about shooting wise. Doing well in assists. The next step is getting goals. Gabi ,Esr, Ode all adding up goals. .

Yeah - would agree with that - finishing is next for Saka to improve.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Don Mikel doing a good job with youth player development.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk