Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe (32)

Postby swipe right » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
VCC wrote:
Ach wrote:Ozil reborn

Does more work than Ozil ever did,
For me he reminds me a little of Brady, the work rate anyways, does not have the Brady class yet let's hope he gets there

If he becomes half as good and successful as Ozil was he will have an amazing career ! Because work makes a good player LOL

Hoddle must've been shit cos he didn't work much, same with Le Tissier all those goal of the seasons but he didn't work hard so he must've been shit

He's not Ozil's level yet, for sure.
But he could get there.

More Ramsey than Ozil I reckon.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:10 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
VCC wrote:

For me he reminds me a little of Brady, the work rate anyways, does not have the Brady class yet let's hope he gets there

If he becomes half as good and successful as Ozil was he will have an amazing career ! Because work makes a good player LOL

Hoddle must've been shit cos he didn't work much, same with Le Tissier all those goal of the seasons but he didn't work hard so he must've been shit

But he could get there.

He's got elements of both.
Could turn out to be Ramsey's goals and Ozils creativity - what a player that would be!
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
VCC wrote:

But he could get there.

He's got elements of both.
Could turn out to be Ramsey's goals and Ozils creativity - what a player that would be!

I still say Paul Scholes
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 pm

I really hope not
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby dc16 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 pm

He’s quality this kid.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:45 pm

dc16 wrote:

He’s quality this kid.

Yup.
Should have been given more game time this season.

We have a genuine trio of potential world-class level stars on our hands in ESR, Saka and Martinelli.
We must build the team around these 3.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:40 pm

Love ESR's ability to speed up play by quickly chaining together one-twos; he's very Rosický-esque on that regard.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44 am

............. and yet he gets benched 70% of the time.

So does Martinelli, which is concerning because Arteta's favourite like Willian hasn't registered a single goal all season yet Martinelli does with minimal game time.

What is Arteta thinking?

He sides with Odegaard, a player that's not even his when he has a better player already in his team.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:46 am

DiamondGooner wrote:............. and yet he gets benched 70% of the time.

So does Martinelli, which is concerning because Arteta's favourite like Willian hasn't registered a single goal all season yet Martinelli does with minimal game time.

What is Arteta thinking?

He sides with Odegaard, a player that's not even his when he has a better player already in his team.

Hopefully, he is past that nonsense now and realises that ESR , Saka and Martinelli are the future and he needs them badly for HIS future.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:43 pm

Zenith wrote:Love ESR's ability to speed up play by quickly chaining together one-twos; he's very Rosický-esque on that regard.

Same here although sometimes he needs to hold on to it longer and drive with the ball, Rosicky was good at that also knowing when to hold the ball or switch it up with one-twos
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Arsenal have opened talks with England Under-21 midfielder Emile Smith Rowe, 20, over a new contract. (The Athletic - subscription required)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 pm

Ach wrote:
Arsenal have opened talks with England Under-21 midfielder Emile Smith Rowe, 20, over a new contract. (The Athletic - subscription required)

Thi sis good news.
Sign him up - LONG TERM.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed May 05, 2021 5:21 am

I believe it was either on here or Team talk that there was a Huddersfield Town fan declaring that he felt he'd witnessed the birth of a future super star after one of ESR's performances for them on loan. High praise indeed.

That we haven't seen enough of it could be the only reasonable gripe, but there is no doubting that the bond of close friendship he enjoys with Bukayo Saka transposes itself onto the pitch when they have license to link up together.

That a similar kind of chemistry also appears to exist between Saka and Gabriel Martinelli, and suddenly we have the nucleus of something tangible at the very least.

The risk of our pitch beginning to contour to the left is probably only averted by Saka and Smith-Rowe not having been as left centric as the Brazilian, especially as the leader of the pack who has also displayed some kind of natural understanding with them is Keiran Tierney.

That our pocket battleship gets the Yul Brynner role in a nod to The Magnificent Seven, has the aforementioned as Steve McQueen, James Coburn and Charles Bronson. Mindful of the age thing that I view as a positive, I hope McQueen displaying 5 digits will be for Billy Saliba next season closely followed by 6 for Miguel Azeez and 7 for Gianluca Donnarumma.

That the Kronkes homestead is a massive ranch in Colorado is quite fitting given that they obviously fit the bill for the part of the bandits bullying and taking advantage of the poor farmers and villagers.

That on the basis we are not that far away now from having a team of players worth watching and fit to wear the shirt, is giving me good reason to escape my padded cell in Arkham bang opposite The Joker and 4 along from Harley Quinn.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Paddy » Wed May 05, 2021 7:55 am

Ach wrote:

build the team around him
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zenith » Mon May 10, 2021 1:05 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk