Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Sims wrote:i'm the opposite. i thought arteta was a great buy at the time and behind van persie was probably the most important player for us getting into the CL when the squad was dire, he stuck the midfield togeher like glue

his conversion to a DLP was pretty good too, definitely better than any of our current midfielders and had a nasty streak in him - overran in the big games which was just an arsenal fault in general tbh. i also know a large amount who rated arteta highly during his time here as well, as i said - it's split

I just don't see it, nasty streak the guy was about as nasty as a sloth, he never did anything in big games, he was injured for most of them in fact, he spent so much time on the treatment table, for me the guy had no presence and was one of the most nondescript captains we've ever had.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Özim wrote:
Sims wrote:i'm the opposite. i thought arteta was a great buy at the time and behind van persie was probably the most important player for us getting into the CL when the squad was dire, he stuck the midfield togeher like glue

his conversion to a DLP was pretty good too, definitely better than any of our current midfielders and had a nasty streak in him - overran in the big games which was just an arsenal fault in general tbh. i also know a large amount who rated arteta highly during his time here as well, as i said - it's split

I just don't see it, nasty streak the guy was about as nasty as a sloth, he never did anything in big games, he was injured for most of them in fact, he spent so much time on the treatment table, for me the guy had no presence and was one of the most nondescript captains we've ever had.
Agreed
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Holdini » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Özim wrote:

he spent more time on the floor. he got rinsed in so many games lol he was chasing shadows most of the time
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:59 pm

We needed a DM to protect the back four and Wenger tried proving we didn't by buying Arteta and playing him there. It was Wenger trying to prove everyone wrong that annoyed me about Arteta.

Admittedly that isn't Arteta's fault but he was just a bland signing that typified our 'averageness' at that time.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 pm

Honestly wondering if he just talks a good game but getting a peak into Rafa’s brain and his visible commitment to winning is blowing me away. If nothing else shows they should get more top managers on these shows.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:25 am

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jase89 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Sky sports say Marcelino is in London, make of that what you will, but I repeat, that’s Sky sports, so probably fodder
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:30 pm

Being linked to a a bunch of nobodies for the job, not good news at all, we're well on our way to becoming a mid table club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:19 pm

my preference is ten hag, but with how undisciplined we look etc. I say we splash for simeone. he'd bring a defensive spine and the lads would be fit.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:23 pm

I think the writing was on the wall when Vardy opted to stay at Leicester rather than sign for us (I didn't want him so wasn't too bothered), now Rogers doesn't want to come either, it's come to the stage where Leicester are a more appealing option, what has the world come to.

When other top clubs come knocking at the door of managers, they can't leave fast enough, Man U literally can be in any state and can still get anyone, likewise Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs etc etc

We try and noone wants to come and we're left with a bunch of nobodies with no experience or no pedigree, how the mighty have fallen.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Holdini » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:29 pm

@lequipe: Paulo Sousa’s entourage has confirmed that Arsenal have been in contact with his client and are interested in his services to take over from Unai Emery. He has a €3m release clause in his contract that would allow him leave.

wtf. some of these names have gotta be a distraction tactic by the committee surely.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Jase89 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Shite at QPR, crap at Swansea and average at Bordeaux. Sousa sounds like a great option
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Santi wrote:
Holdini wrote:people now turning arteta into a prime xavi :rofll:

he was bang average.

If that’s what you take from that then you are spastic.

Arteta was good for us simple as that. If you compare to Cesc then he was average, if you compare to Xhaka then he basically is Xavi. Either way he was more than capable, reliable and a good player.

Santi, he was nothing more than average for us. slow but kept the ball moving. His Arsenal career is summed up by the phrase "meh".
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:We needed a DM to protect the back four and Wenger tried proving we didn't by buying Arteta and playing him there. It was Wenger trying to prove everyone wrong that annoyed me about Arteta.

Admittedly that isn't Arteta's fault but he was just a bland signing that typified our 'averageness' at that time.

Got to say I agree fully with this. Watching the opposing team break and Arteta try to chase his man down was painful to watch, he looked like he was running in slow motion.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Aparently Marcelino's interview didn't go well ............. so lets be thankful.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/sto ... ss-sources
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk