Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Here's the counter to the non-story

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... l-11833571

I do think he's in the frame but this could be anyone from now till Summer so I'm not celebrating until then.

I'm not that hot on Ancelotti anyway but yeah, anythings better than Wenger.

Same here. He wouldn't be my first choice to replace Wenger for sure
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm

SIMEONE PLZ

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Sims wrote:also ancelotti in means ozil out

no ty

By that logic Mata would have been sold when Mourinho joined Utd and Lukaku would have gone to Chelsea.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 pm

aniym wrote:

no ty

By that logic Mata would have been sold when Mourinho joined Utd and Lukaku would have gone to Chelsea.

ancelotti isnt flexible tactically

you either fit in his 433 or you get out which is why we were able to sign mesut in the first place
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Sims wrote:
aniym wrote:

no ty

ancelotti isnt flexible tactically

you either fit in his 433 or you get out which is why we were able to sign mesut in the first place

Don't see why Ozil wouldn't fit in a 4-3-3 any worse than he fits in ours when we play it?

He either plays as a wide play maker or he plays in the middle of the three while LM & RM anchor as the CM's / CDM's.

Same way Wesley Sneidjer fitted in Mourinho's Inter Milan 4-3-3.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Ancelotti makes no sense at all.

I'd much rather we go for Arteta. Hungry, ambitious and determined. Someone who's been under Peps wing aswell.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Oh please. Anyone over this shower of shit Wenger guaran-damn-tees and delivers every season.

Welcome home, Ancelotti.

Knowing Wenger and Arsenal's obsession with ManU, I wouldn't be surprised if these losers wanted Ryan Giggs as manager.

At least with Carlo, we'd know that we could reach the QFs or SFs of the CL - if we're in it, that is.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Ancelotti makes no sense at all.

I'd much rather we go for Arteta. Hungry, ambitious and determined. Someone who's been under Peps wing aswell.

Agree with Ang.

As I said I'm not ecstatic about Ancelotti's tactics, he basically sets his teams up like Mourinho ......... but, if it means Wenger is gone I'll pop a bottle.

Why? because no other manager will wield the power Wenger has meaning he'll have no golden parachute with the board, they may even expect him to get results!! can you imagine.

A team under Carlo will at least be drilled and solid, something we can build on, my issue with Arteta is we have no idea how he'd set his team up ........ he is not Pep.

............ he also doesn't have the money Pep has to create an attacking juggernaut like City have so as a rookie I think this is a bit of wishful thinking.

I'd prefer Alegri or Simeone but at this point .......... its basically whoever, just get it done.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Angelito wrote:Oh please. Anyone over this shower of shit Wenger guaran-damn-tees and delivers every season.

Welcome home, Ancelotti.

Knowing Wenger and Arsenal's obsession with ManU, I wouldn't be surprised if these losers wanted Ryan Giggs as manager.

At least with Carlo, we'd know that we could reach the QFs or SFs of the CL - if we're in it, that is.

Ancelotti has been very lucky over the last few years to manage Chelsea, Madrid, PSG and Bayern. Teams that already had top players waiting for him with pretty large transfer budgets.

I'm not knocking what he's done but bare in mind he flopped at Bayern, can you really see him coming here and changing our squad around with the transfer budget we have?

That's my worry. As is this:

Ancelotti was sacked by the Bavarians last Thursday, having seen Bayern beaten 3-0 by PSG in the Champions League.

The Italian’s laissez-faire attitude had left a number of players underwhelmed in Munich, particularly after the relationship much of the senior squad had enjoyed with his predecessor, Pep Guardiola.

Club president Uli Hoeness hinted last week that Ancelotti has lost members of the dressing room, declaring “Ancelotti had five players against him”, while CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had called for “consequences” at the traditional post-match banquet at the team hotel - just hours after the loss to PSG.

Now Kicker reports that such was the disaffection with the Italian’s regime, a number of the club’s players felt that training under Ancelotti was inadequate and had initiated additional sessions - without Ancelotti’s consent - elsewhere.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby realtalk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Anyone will f***ing do. They would actually install defending and have defensive coach to their job. Ancolltis great for senior players not sure he's hard enough to get players to play to their potential. But who cares anyone is better than weneger. I'm happy just to defend and have clean sheets.

Wtf happened to Luis Enrique links??
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Enquirue aint getting linked nowhere and its no coincidence. He's never even been considered a top manager despite achieving the highest level of club success. Zidane will go the same route. Managing that level of talent and professionalism at clubs that size is very different from organising the mess we've got ourselves into. Don't want.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:38 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
That's my worry. As is this:

Ancelotti was sacked by the Bavarians last Thursday, having seen Bayern beaten 3-0 by PSG in the Champions League.

The Italian’s laissez-faire attitude had left a number of players underwhelmed in Munich, particularly after the relationship much of the senior squad had enjoyed with his predecessor, Pep Guardiola.

Club president Uli Hoeness hinted last week that Ancelotti has lost members of the dressing room, declaring “Ancelotti had five players against him”, while CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had called for “consequences” at the traditional post-match banquet at the team hotel - just hours after the loss to PSG.

Now Kicker reports that such was the disaffection with the Italian’s regime, a number of the club’s players felt that training under Ancelotti was inadequate and had initiated additional sessions - without Ancelotti’s consent - elsewhere.

Yeah that doesn't sound good.

Sounds like another manager who's competitive edge is grinding down with age ........ we don't need another "Too long in the tooth" manager.

.......... however I think the one point that stands and that we can all agree on is as long as Wenger goes it means we'll have a manager who is finally held to account.

That works for me.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 am

Dejan wrote:SIMEONE PLZ

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

This would make me very happy.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 am

Let's not get carried away. When Wenger leaves, we won't automatically become a more ambitious football club.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 am

Simeone is perfectly suited to PL football. His teams are not only tight defensively but he also knows to find the right balance between attack and defence.

Ancelotti may not be one of the best in the world but he will be a huge improvement on Wenger.

There are murmurs of Conte leaving Chelsea early and despite Wenger having his number off late he is a very good manager who won the PL in his first season.

Any of these three can be a good option for us.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk