Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby elkanofan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 pm

England wont ever have a good top level manager until the country gets it head out its backside and coaches start to travel all over the world to learn their craft and develop their football awareness.

The arrogance of English league being the best so why go anywhere else is what holds coaches back in reach the very top level.

Only two English managers have reached the quarter's of the champions league this decade and one was just a caretaker for Ranieri who got sacked, the other is Arry Redknapp.

Not even to get started on ho bullshit and expensive coach licences are in the UK.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Ljungberg isn't the answer for me, his lineup and substitutions on Sunday were both really poor, for me he seems to have pre-conceived ideas about certain players that aren't reality.

We need to get someone decent in, wouldn't put it past the club to go for the cheap option though, Ljungberg or Arteta would be a disaster, our status as a top club would well and truly be over if we appointed either of those two.

It was one game ffs.

How can you judge on one game when it also looked like he was picking a lot of Europa players because he'd worked with them more.

The man had 48 hrs to prepare, give him 3-4 games before you form a final opinion.

I don't think he even had 48 hours, but that's not the point. It's ludicrous to write off Freddie already, some people I swear! :dizzy: 3 to 4 games isn't that fair either, but he at least should soon start picking a better team. I have a feeling that was Emery's team on Sunday, not all Freddie's decision, but these next few games should give us an idea of what to expect from Freddie at least.
He's been assistant manager for long enough to be able to put out a decent team, surely?!

I agree. But was that his selection or Emery's?

Why would it be Emery's selection, he got sacked on Friday, he had no input, Ljungberg clearly picked the team there's no debate over that.

He may have, but at least be honest you have no idea. Some managers pick teams a couple of days early, it's not unheard of. Freddie didn't have much time to work with the team, trying to change things in a short of amount of time may have confused them, so he could have just went with what was already planned. You don't know, I don't know, so why assume and act like you know when you don't. That's facts homie!!! You're whiney like a woman after one game, chill out sucka!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Reports ..........

Ancelloti available - Do not want

Rafa Beneitiz will cost £20m - lol ........ don't want at all anyway so glad about this

Simeone not linked but bordering on leaving Atletico - Hmmmm not sure his style of play suits us though but would be interested.

Rodgers staying put - Understandable he's made Leicester a better team than ours and 2nd, only an idiot would leave

Nuno seems we've backed off that idea for now - Hmmm may or may not of suited us, we could probably do better
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:34 pm

StLGooner wrote:He may have, but at least be honest you have no idea. Some managers pick teams a couple of days early, it's not unheard of. Freddie didn't have much time to work with the team, trying to change things in a short of amount of time may have confused them, so he could have just went with what was already planned. You don't know, I don't know, so why assume and act like you know when you don't. That's facts homie!!! You're whiney like a woman after one game, chill out sucka!

I think it's pretty clear he picked the team, Emery wasn't playing Kolasinac or Mustafi, the team he picked wasn't the one playing before so why would they get confused, that makes no sense.

He's been working with them all season so he would know the players, I think you're clutching at straws pal, he was a great player but that doesn't make him a good manager.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:He may have, but at least be honest you have no idea. Some managers pick teams a couple of days early, it's not unheard of. Freddie didn't have much time to work with the team, trying to change things in a short of amount of time may have confused them, so he could have just went with what was already planned. You don't know, I don't know, so why assume and act like you know when you don't. That's facts homie!!! You're whiney like a woman after one game, chill out sucka!

I think it's pretty clear he picked the team, Emery wasn't playing Kolasinac or Mustafi, the team he picked wasn't the one playing before so why would they get confused, that makes no sense.

He's been working with them all season so he would know the players, I think you're clutching at straws pal, he was a great player but that doesn't make him a good manager.

It's not clutching at straws, I hate when people overreact about one game and then pretend to know everything the manager did. We need squad rotation right now, it's not far fetched to think Emery had the game already planned out, wanted to incorporate a few new players. Maybe Freddie didn't want to disrupt cause he didn't have enough time. YOU DON'T KNOW. Freddie may have very well picked that team, and it did suck I agree, but some are giving up on him after one game, it's mind boggling stupid. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:

It's not clutching at straws, I hate when people overreact about one game and then pretend to know everything the manager did. We need squad rotation right now, it's not far fetched to think Emery had the game already planned out, wanted to incorporate a few new players. Maybe Freddie didn't want to disrupt cause he didn't have enough time. YOU DON'T KNOW. Freddie may have very well picked that team, and it did suck I agree, but some are giving up on him after one game, it's mind boggling stupid. :dizzy:

I'm not giving up, I don't want him in charge, he's not really qualified to manage a big club. Let him sharpen his skills at a smaller club and then see how he gets on, we need a guy who has been there an done it not a novice, for me he's just here until we find someone else, which is hopefully soon.

Let's not delude ourselves that he's the next Guardiola or Mourinho, those success stories are one in a million and it's very, very, very unlikely Ljungberg is that one let's face it. We seem to be hung up on discovering the next big thing, trouble is we never do, other clubs do.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:

I'm not giving up, I don't want him in charge, he's not really qualified to manage a big club. Let him sharpen his skills at a smaller club and then see how he gets on, we need a guy who has been there an done it not a novice, for me he's just here until we find someone else, which is hopefully soon.

Let's not delude ourselves that he's the next Guardiola or Mourinho, those success stories are one in a million and it's very, very, very unlikely Ljungberg is that one let's face it. We seem to be hung up on discovering the next big thing, trouble is we never do, other clubs do.

I think that is the definition of giving up, saying you don't want him in charge. Unless English isn't your first language? Nobody is thinking he's going to be our savior or the next Mou (who even said that, you're making shit up), but a logical person would at least give him a chance, and you haven't after one game. That's idiotic.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:39 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:

I think that is the definition of giving up, saying you don't want him in charge. Unless English isn't your first language? Nobody is thinking he's going to be our savior or the next Mou (who even said that, you're making shit up), but a logical person would at least give him a chance, and you haven't after one game. That's idiotic.

The point is it doesn't matter to me how he does, I just want him to pick our best players and see how they get on, I'm not expecting him to produce miracles, he's not the manager in reality, he's just an interim manager holding the fort until we find someone better qualified, if he puts the right team out there'll be nothing to get on his back about as I'm not expecting anything from him, just hoping the players can perform with freedom now Emery is gone, if he picks teams like the one on Sunday then I will have things to say as the average person could pick a better team.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:40 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:

Before kick off, Freddie said in an interview that he picked a more experienced starting 11 because he wanted the more senior players to lead by example or something like that. Besides Willock, Guendouzi and Luiz, that's all the players that have the most experience playing at Arsenal.

I don't think Emery had anything to do with picking the squad. He was sacked the morning after our defeat to Frankfurt and he didn't have a chance to train and prepare the team for the weekend fixture. It was Freddie leading the training and preparing for the fixture. It's highly unlikely the line up would have been decided so soon after the EL game. Didn't Mustfi and Luiz go off injured during the Frankfurt game? Emery would have had to seen how those two played in training to see if they're fit enough to start before deciding.

I was listening to one of the podcast this week and they mentioned that we sometimes have the tendency to fill in the blanks when we see managerial decisions that don't make much sense. I think this could possibly be an example.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:

The point is it doesn't matter to me how he does, I just want him to pick our best players and see how they get on, I'm not expecting him to produce miracles, he's not the manager in reality, he's just an interim manager holding the fort until we find someone better qualified, if he puts the right team out there'll be nothing to get on his back about as I'm not expecting anything from him, just hoping the players can perform with freedom now Emery is gone, if he picks teams like the one on Sunday then I will have things to say as the average person could pick a better team.

Saying you hope he picks a better team is a whole lot different than saying you know he's not going to be a good manager and don't want him because he picked a bad team after one game. We could have avoided these last 30 mins if you would have just said that. :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jedi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:49 pm

If we end up with this Marcelino pubber, i will be pissed. Genuine vibes of "be careful what you wish for". If this is who we end up with, might as well have kept Wenger, or even Emery.

Let's see what Ljungberg can do, if he doesn't impress go with Arteta. Other than that, nobody we're realistically going to get is looking interesting to me.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Holdini » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Santi wrote:
FARM wrote:I know the racism against British managers is at the highest in Arsenal, more than any club in world football. But I would be very happy if we got Eddie Howe, he has done an amazing job and took Bournemouth from League 2 too League 1 too The Championship too The Premiership too keeping them in the premiership for 5 season, remarkable.. Pep and Klopp would not even be able to do that, they would quit or have been sacked many years ago

Howe is a damn good manager and the players and fans adore him, plus he actually plays the training sessions and you can watch some of his training sessions on youtube, he is outstanding and he is still a very good football player and very slick..

The Arsenal players would love him and get on with him very well, they would all bust a gut for him I believe. And I know for a fact if Howe came to us that you would surprise yourself, you would like him quickly once you see his personality and how honest he is, he doesn't lie and make up BS, he will call it what it is if we play badly.. the fans would have a great connection with him, as I said you will surprise yourself.

We should not look abroad for unknown people, we have learnt that lesson many times, not just with Emery but with many players we have brought. Ya rather want El Neny than James Milner DO YA DO YA DO YA??!!!. its about time we changed and went British, it would be the best thing ever for us, get the club back to being loved again. The British managers are doing great in the prem, all of them with limited resources and totally out performing every foreign manager who have much more resources. Lets stop going for people like Marco Silva and Kiki Flores, and lets get some young British manager like Howe who would do great with us.

Found ourselves another brexit bad boy

funnily enough that's exactly what i imagine phil71 looks like :rofll:

no doubt he has a tattoo on his forearm, sh*t teeth and voted brexit.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Jack The Ripper » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:15 am

Because we have been heavily linked with him, I have been paying closer attention to Rodgers these last few weeks, and I have to admit something I never noticed before.. he makes really good subs, its not just that he has talented players etc, he actually makes very good subs and is not afraid to hook players off at half time and change it quickly...
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Holdini » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:00 am

wolves up to 5th in a season they're in the europa league. is nuno such a bad candidate?
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:01 am

Tabloids all saying Vieira is top target. I'd take him ahead of Arteta. At least he's been a manager before!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk