Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 am

Jack The Ripper wrote:Simeone would be an awesome appointment and I would be beyond happy with it, he is so intense, a very intense person.. however I just can't believe it, it doesn't seem real, I feel like its just out of hope, I can't believe he would even want to come, let alone our board going for a guy like him

Agreed he'd be perfect.

He's the sort of steam roller we need at this club, he's used to working on a budget similar to AFC's as well.

I'd be happy with his style of defensive 4-4-2 with the hard counter attack but he'd need to refit the defence, mainly the CB's, he had amazing CB's at Atletico.

However if he did implement his style Ozil would be gone, Xhaka likely gone, all our CB's gone bar maybe Holding.

Tbf that is what we need though, a style, a formation, an identity, a clear relentless vision of what the team is and is going to be and get the players in to make it work.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 am

Omfg they're being serious about this guy, flown in for an interview!!!!

Marcelino is in London now!!

Marcelion, Vieira, Arteta ............ are these clowns at AFC for real? Leicester got a better manager than we did as did Wolves! what are they doing to us?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/08/marcelin ... -11412661/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 am

We are never getting Simeone, why are some people so deluded lmao
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Swan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:35 am

Santi wrote:We are never getting Simeone, why are some people so deluded lmao

Agreed never going to happen
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BerlinGunner90 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Report also coming in that Ex Bayern Manager Nico Kovac would like a shot?

What do you guys think about him?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-demiral/

I‘m from germany. Trust me, we should not go for him.
BerlinGunner90
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 am

If we won't go for Poch or Allegri, then Arteta is the right guy. I'm telling you guys.

Are you guys kidding? Vinai and Huss will interview Allegri, eh? What do those two know about football?

And why are we pretending like we're hiring a PR Director? This corporate-style recruitment doesn't work in football because there's already a track record to reveal the capacity of each coach. Rest is just discussing about the plans, tactics, and transfers.

Jesus Christ. We're making a meal out of it.

We're in deep trouble.

Times reporting that Edu wants Vieira. Raul wants Spanish yes-man. Vinai thinks everything is brilliant. It's almost a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

One man leads football affairs at most top clubs: Txiki at City. Papa Flo at Real. Marina at Chelsea. Woodward at ManU. Bartomeu at Barca. Levy at Spurs. Why is it that at Arsenal everyone is having a say?

We've become a total shit-fest of a club.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Alexis » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:03 am

Angelito wrote:If we won't go for Poch or Allegri, then Arteta is the right guy. I'm telling you guys.

Are you guys kidding? Vinai and Huss will interview Allegri, eh? What do those two know about football?

And why are we pretending like we're hiring a PR Director? This corporate-style recruitment doesn't work in football because there's already a track record to reveal the capacity of each coach. Rest is just discussing about the plans, tactics, and transfers.

Jesus Christ. We're making a meal out of it.

We're in deep trouble.

Times reporting that Edu wants Vieira. Raul wants Spanish yes-man. Vinai thinks everything is brilliant. It's almost a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

One man leads football affairs at most top clubs: Txiki at City. Papa Flo at Real. Marina at Chelsea. Woodward at ManU. Bartomeu at Barca. Levy at Spurs. Why is it that at Arsenal everyone is having a say?

We've become a total shit-fest of a club.

Democracy and all that rubbish
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:35 am

Ornstein says Arteta is the top candidate

But Mauricio Pochettino, Patrick Vieira, Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Martinez are still being mentioned
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:50 am

Sims wrote:Ornstein says Arteta is the top candidate

But Mauricio Pochettino, Patrick Vieira, Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Martinez are still being mentioned

Pochettino
Arteta
Ancelotti*

In that order.

Martinez? :lol:

Vieira? No thanks.

* Napoli are having their worst start in 7 seasons (I think) in Serie A. Even at his peak, Ancelotti wasn't a great manager in the League. I'd still take him ahead of the ones we're being linked to (Marcelino, Vieira, and all), but he's not ideal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:56 am

Roberto Martinez ................ the old Wigan manager??

Jesus.

The issue really is our board isn't it? bar Poch those names on the lost are disgraceful, Ancelotti, I respect what he's done but his football and being passed his prime are wrong for us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:01 am

I think he and Emery were on the final shortlist of two when the last round was done.

My guess is their plan is to not start the process all over again, but instead to save time they'll just revisit the last process and consider only the candidates that were looked at two years ago.

It's a lazy approach. They should rip it up and start again.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:04 am

This club is unbelievable, really does seem like we've turned into a mickey mouse club, I think there's little doubt Arteta will flop, prepare for another 2 years of being in obscurity everyone.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:06 am

Angelito wrote:

Pochettino
Arteta
Ancelotti*

In that order.

Martinez? :lol:

Vieira? No thanks.

* Napoli are having their worst start in 7 seasons (I think) in Serie A. Even at his peak, Ancelotti wasn't a great manager in the League. I'd still take him ahead of the ones we're being linked to (Marcelino, Vieira, and all), but he's not ideal.

and what makes Arteta a good manager, his pals Pep and Wenger saying he will be? The guy wasn't even a decent player for us, the captain that always when missing and barely had a voice and was part and parcel of the setup when the club was failing to achieve anything.

God help us if we appoint him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Roberto Martinez ................ the old Wigan manager??

Jesus.

The issue really is our board isn't it? bar Poch those names on the lost are disgraceful, Ancelotti, I respect what he's done but his football and being passed his prime are wrong for us.

The shortlist is shocking to be honest, still can't get it right the 2nd time round, this club really can't get anything right can it? If you want something done properly, don't get Arsenal to do it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:10 am

Phil71 wrote:

I think he and Emery were on the final shortlist of two when the last round was done.

My guess is their plan is to not start the process all over again, but instead to save time they'll just revisit the last process and consider only the candidates that were looked at two years ago.

It's a lazy approach. They should rip it up and start again.

Probably right, stuff like this is why this club is going down the pan.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk