Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby KG3 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:22 am

Probably a knee jerk post but I'm not sure on Allegri now he's been schooled in two CL finals 3-1 by Barca and 4-1 by Madrid, obviously they're not easiest teams to beat and getting there twice is good, but you shouldn't be loosing by such score lines in a final regardless of the opponent. Someone like Simone on the other hand who's also lost two finals put up a good fight in those games at least.

Obviously not everyday manager can win every final aside for Jose who's an expert in those games then you have klopp who's absolutely useless in those then the likes of Fergie, Wenger, Bentiez who win a majority of those games.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:32 am

I can't think of a manager who would've successfully stifled Barca on their day; but last night was fairly poor, they were right in the game until half time and lost their nerve a bit. Still, in finals of this magnitude momentum is so important, players taste victory or defeat and are capable of monumental moments (both good and bad). Simione actually lost in very similar fashion only a couple of years ago.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby indy23 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Gimmie allegri over how any day
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:45 pm

KG3 wrote:Probably a knee jerk post but I'm not sure on Allegri now he's been schooled in two CL finals 3-1 by Barca and 4-1 by Madrid, obviously they're not easiest teams to beat and getting there twice is good, but you shouldn't be loosing by such score lines in a final regardless of the opponent. Someone like Simone on the other hand who's also lost two finals put up a good fight in those games at least.

Obviously not everyday manager can win every final aside for Jose who's an expert in those games then you have klopp who's absolutely useless in those then the likes of Fergie, Wenger, Bentiez who win a majority of those games.

Are there even "world class" managers out there anymore?

To me, there seems to be a scarcity of world-class football coaches/managers today. Conte, Simeone, Allegri, etc. are considered the best coaches out there. Allegri's Juve didn't even turn up against Real Madrid in the final. Simeone has been punching above his weight for far too long that the gravity of his accomplishments has slipped pass the comprehension of impoverished media and football experts.

Pep Guardiola is doing a good job of ruining his legacy. Jose Mourinho is already a joke of a manager, who always had a reputation of being a checkbook manager. Arsene Wenger is a has-been.

I doubt any manager is world class anymore (arguably Simeone but that's it). It is all about the money these days. Assemble the best team; boom.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:20 pm

probably because hardly any players want to work hard anymore they're all just f***ing money hoarding crybabies who spend more time rolling in the grass than playing football.

there's nothing major to management anymore bar massaging egos and occasionally parking a bus. fergie will always be the goat, zidane modern day goat tho.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:36 pm

I still find the situation with Allegri a bit strange.

I think he will join one day but only when the time is right.

It still could well be in 2019. That way, Juve get compensation if he does want to sign for us IF Wenger leaves then.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:11 pm

Angelito wrote:
KG3 wrote:Probably a knee jerk post but I'm not sure on Allegri now he's been schooled in two CL finals 3-1 by Barca and 4-1 by Madrid, obviously they're not easiest teams to beat and getting there twice is good, but you shouldn't be loosing by such score lines in a final regardless of the opponent. Someone like Simone on the other hand who's also lost two finals put up a good fight in those games at least.

Are there even "world class" managers out there anymore?

To me, there seems to be a scarcity of world-class football coaches/managers today. Conte, Simeone, Allegri, etc. are considered the best coaches out there. Allegri's Juve didn't even turn up against Real Madrid in the final. Simeone has been punching above his weight for far too long that the gravity of his accomplishments has slipped pass the comprehension of impoverished media and football experts.

Pep Guardiola is doing a good job of ruining his legacy. Jose Mourinho is already a joke of a manager, who always had a reputation of being a checkbook manager. Arsene Wenger is a has-been.

I doubt any manager is world class anymore (arguably Simeone but that's it). It is all about the money these days. Assemble the best team; boom.

To me, the term world class simply means that an individual can do their job at any level. Lionel Messi is a world class footballer because he could play for any team in the world. Using that definition, I feel there are many managers at a world class level. Conte, Allegri, Mourinho, Guardiola etc... there is no football club in the world that would be "too big" for these men, in my opinion, that makes them "world class". I'm not saying they can't under perform, or haven't faced mitigating circumstances that have led them to fail previously (or currently) in their careers. The notion that "nobody is world class" is understandable though; the debate on whether or not Mesut Ozil is world class rages from week to week, its effected by every successful and unsuccessful performance of his career. This was the same for Thiery Henry, but now he is a part of History and no one remembers that chance he missed in Paris. No one remembers the criticism Sir Alex took for forcing Beckham out of the side, or his treatment of Wayne Rooney in his prime. They remember the legacy and come to the conclusion that these individuals were undoubtedly world class.

In short, football is so competitive and moves so quickly that it's impossible to not take an L every now and then or end up with egg on your face the way Mourinho, Wenger or Guardiola have recently. But don't let that fool you into doubting their overall calibre as a manager.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BS221B » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Dani Alves on his time at Juventus: "Frustration? Here’s an example. In the dressing room we weren’t allowed to put music on. I can’t live without music, without dancing."

http://www.football-italia.net/105695/a ... e%E2%80%99

whew Allegri is one interesting lad.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby MesutOzil11 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Bonucci also fell out with him massively, apparently.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BS221B » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:53 pm

It occurred before the 4-1 defeat to Real Madrid and involved Dani Alves instead of Dybala.
“I want to intervene to silence the rumours of an ugly atmosphere inside the Juve locker room,” Mandzukic was quoted as telling Serbian reporter Darko Meznovic.
“It was simply Bonucci and Dani Alves to have created this chaos and, fortunately, with their sales everything will become calm again.
“They were the ones who had a row during the Final and it’s simply because they have diametrically opposed personalities. Leo and Dani would argue all the time and, on the day of the Final, we simply watched another of their many dramas.
“As soon as we got into the locker room, everyone had treated this like a normal game with just three points up for grabs, or at least that’s how it seemed. So we expected Dani Alves to do his usual routine of putting on the Radio Party Groove music in the locker room while we were getting changed.
“This time, though, he didn’t stop there. He went over the top, playing Samba Do Janeiro at full volume as if he wanted to break our eardrums and then started dancing like there was no tomorrow.
“I thought he was being stupid, but ignored him and went to my locker. Leo didn’t, as for him the Champions League was an obsession.
“He went up to Dani and said he’d break his legs in three seconds if he didn’t turn off that music. Obviously, a row erupted and it just kept going, until Dani Alves said that if he lost the Final, he’d still have three Champions League trophies in his locker, whereas Bonucci had none.
“At that point, everyone turned around scandalised. I’ve won the Champions League, but I’d never dare say something like that. We shouldn’t even have thought about the eventuality of defeat.
“Then Leo grabbed Dani by the throat and, as he was about to punch him, Max (Allegri) divided them and took a decision of a real leader: he said he didn’t care who started it, but at the end of the game they’d both get kicked out.
“It was the wisest decision ever made. Now, the group is calm and united again, without the annoying bragging of Leo and the usual Brazilian pain in the neck of Dani Alves, who would never let us just get changed and focus.”

http://www.football-italia.net/105813/m ... lves-brawl

Allegri is the hero we need but not the one we deserve. It sounds like Dani Alves lost him CL final by creating toxic atmosphere.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 pm

f**k me. Actually makes so much sense now aswell.

Still surprised they sold to Milan though. They must not feel threatened by their summer buying at all.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Why the f**k didn't we buy Bonucci. Surely they'd rather sell to us then to Milan?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:Why the f**k didn't we buy Bonucci. Surely they'd rather sell to us then to Milan?

I'd assume Bonucci would have picked Milan over us,
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Bonucci doesnt want to leave Italy
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk