Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:
UFGN wrote:Wenger's the reason we've got Ozil is he?

The Army lads who started the club, Herbert Chapman and the millions of fans, staff and players who've helped to build an icon of football over 132 years all say hi

I mean. The guy has said it many times himself?

I very much doubt that if you ask Ozil why he signed he would even bring up Herbert Chapman.

“The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].”

It's quite incredible how other clubs manage to sign players

And devastating that we'll never sign a big name again after he leaves

And also incredible how we signed big players before he was manager here

f**k Arsene Wenger. He was yesterday's man yesterday.

I never once said we'll not sign any big players after he leaves. You're twisting my words.

My point is that he is a massive influence in football especially to modern day footballs and that he would be a big asset if he was to move upstairs.

That would be a disaster.

He would hand pick his successor and still be the manager by proxy.

He would also have a say in the transfers and our board would still defer to him in all footballing matters

His influence at the club is too great, we can't have it continue.

No. Fvck that idea completely.

When he leaves we need a clean break.

Why would he?

He's already been taken off dealings in contract negotiations and transfers.

Sven and Raul have been dealing with them.

Your argument is nonsensical

You want him to stay but have no influence because you think that will draw players?

If he's got no influence why would they come on the back of him simply being here?

You think a player's going to make a decision to come because we've got a pet tortoise upstairs in a box like some sort of club mascot?

Lol. No it's not.

Read what Sims is saying.

It's clear as f**k he's knows exactly what to say to players to convince them to sign in the first place.

Don't know why you think these potential world class players are retards who have no clue where Arsenal stand at the moment.

We are currently a shit show. Wenger's words can't change reality.

Okay then why are they here?

Why did Ozil turn down big money offers from United, PSG, Bayern and a team from China?

Why did Auba sign for us when he no doubt would of had a big offer again this summer like he had from PSG last year?

Doesn't that say more about Wenger status in football that despite how bad we have been we still signed one of the best strikers in the world and kept the best #10 in the world.

both said they are hear because of one reason.

Wenger.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 pm

UFGN wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:
UFGN wrote:Wenger's the reason we've got Ozil is he?

The Army lads who started the club, Herbert Chapman and the millions of fans, staff and players who've helped to build an icon of football over 132 years all say hi

I mean. The guy has said it many times himself?

I very much doubt that if you ask Ozil why he signed he would even bring up Herbert Chapman.

“The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].”

It's quite incredible how other clubs manage to sign players

And devastating that we'll never sign a big name again after he leaves

And also incredible how we signed big players before he was manager here

f**k Arsene Wenger. He was yesterday's man yesterday.

I never once said we'll not sign any big players after he leaves. You're twisting my words.

My point is that he is a massive influence in football especially to modern day footballs and that he would be a big asset if he was to move upstairs.

That would be a disaster.

He would hand pick his successor and still be the manager by proxy.

He would also have a say in the transfers and our board would still defer to him in all footballing matters

His influence at the club is too great, we can't have it continue.

No. Fvck that idea completely.

When he leaves we need a clean break.

Why would he?

He's already been taken off dealings in contract negotiations and transfers.

Sven and Raul have been dealing with them.

Your argument is nonsensical

You want him to stay but have no influence because you think that will draw players?

If he's got no influence why would they come on the back of him simply being here?

You think a player's going to make a decision to come because we've got a pet tortoise upstairs in a box like some sort of club mascot?

Lol. No it's not.

Read what Sims is saying.

It's clear as f**k he's knows exactly what to say to players to convince them to sign in the first place.

I would rather have faith in the new manager and let him be his own man.

If Wenger is in the directors box, the new man is hamstrung from day one.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Ozil will have been here for 5 years come this summer.

It's likely just a comfort zone issue. He knows he is the main man here and the fans love him - also living in London is a huge perk, especially for a young multi-millionaire.

A big reason Auba is here is because he wanted out of Dortmund and we were the only club putting up the cash they wanted in January.

Also, words mean nothing. I remember Sanchez saying Wenger will always be the right person to manage Arsenal.

Why do you think a world class player would want to player under Wenger in this day and age?

How does it benefit their career?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Why do you think Wenger would have any pull with big players?

This is not 5 years ago when people believed we were entering a new post-stadium debt era and would be competing with the big clubs.

This is 2018, we are as bad as we've ever been under Wenger and are in the Europa League.

Somehow I don't think Wenger will be able to sell any world class players his vision any longer.

This. I don't know what Wenger's magical pull on players is, we have not seen it in recent times. The last time I remember it happening was when we signed Ramsey and he chose us instead of Fergie's Man U and Fergie was pissed. Nobody to my knowledge was into Ozil when we got him probably because nobody knew Ozil was available. Sanchez was between Arsenal and Liverpool and they had Brendan Rodgers. No brainer to come to Arsenal.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:52 pm

For Ozil, it was between PSG, ManU (Moyes), and Arsenal. Wenger did have a say because he (Wenger) wanted Ozil when he was in Germany, but Ozil couldn't say no to Real. He, however, assured Wenger that if he left Real, Arsenal would be his first choice.

Alexis didn't have options. It was between Rodgers' Liverpool and Arsenal. No brainer there.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 pm

I don't remember a single story about PSG or Utd wanting Ozil. Those clubs get business done well before deadline day.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 am

Sims wrote:outside of arsenal fans wenger's name is still amongst some of the highest prestige in europe

sounds crazy but it is what it is

Clearly.

Them singing "we want you to stay" is a sure sign of prestige
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:42 pm

Former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has turned down the Bayern Munich job because he is in negotiations with Arsenal. (Bild - in German)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:41 am

Don't really know what to believe. Kicker and SportBILD are both saying that Tuchel to Arsenal is very likely.

BILD are saying that he's close to signing with PSG.

Kicker and BILD are the most reliable.

It's all about Tuchel in Germany this morning anyway. The next coming days are going to be massive in my opinion. I'm not too surprised if talks have gone on that it's come out now over the international break. Something could be announced by the time we play Stoke.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am

Kicker

Bild

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby weaponx57 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:44 am

I’d prefer Leonardo Jardim to Tuchel any day. The last thing we need is a hard ass German with having issues with football staff
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:47 am

weaponx57 wrote:I’d prefer Leonardo Jardim to Tuchel any day. The last thing we need is a hard ass German with having issues with football staff

Yeah. Really can't be arsed with transitioning from Wenger dithering to our top scout beefing with the new manager.

Don't want to swap one side show with another
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:51 am

Last few minutes.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:57 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Last few minutes.

Honestly, I'm quite happy with this. I genuinely believe sven milenstat is the most important signing we've made in the last 10 years including players.

Anyone that can talent spot the absolute beasts that turned little Dortmund into European champs should be respected and once you have that talent in your club, you just don't throw it away.

I'd rather keep him and find another manager. There's going to be so many ready for the challenge given the players they'll inherit and the budget that's available.

To clarify, I'd be happy with tuchel if it didn't mean upsetting a key member of our current setup that's extremely difficult to replace.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Zedie wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Last few minutes.

Honestly, I'm quite happy with this. I genuinely believe sven milenstat is the most important signing we've made in the last 10 years including players.

Anyone that can talent spot the absolute beasts that turned little Dortmund into European champs should be respected and once you have that talent in your club, you just don't throw it away.

I'd rather keep him and find another manager. There's going to be so many ready for the challenge given the players they'll inherit and the budget that's available.

To clarify, I'd be happy with tuchel if it didn't mean upsetting a key member of our current setup that's extremely difficult to replace.

Yep. I completely agree.

Although you would think that IF we were to sign Tuchel this little problem him and Sven have got would be squashed quite easily.

If I remember rightly it's all over the fact that Sven made promises that they wouldn't sell Miki, Gundogan and Hummels. They ended up selling all three. Then he blocked the signings of Toprak and Oliver Torres.

You can see why it's a mess but I don't think it was Svens fault that Dortmund decided to cash in when they did. Blocking the signing of Toprak was weird because he signed after Tuchel had left.

We shall just have to see.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk