Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby Sims » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Sims wrote:only way arsene stays is if he wins the europa league

curtains if not

Do you think he'll go upstairs?

no he'll manage somewhere else

hopefully England once gareth fucks it
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

UFGN wrote:"Sorry little Johnny, your Daddy's leaving"

"Can he maybe have a job as the school caretaker so I can still see him sometimes?"

Desperate times for WKB

Pretty much.

People getting separation aneixty at the thought of Wenger being gone.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:"Sorry little Johnny, your Daddy's leaving"

"Can he maybe have a job as the school caretaker so I can still see him sometimes?"

Desperate times for WKB

Pretty much.

People getting separation aneixty at the thought of Wenger being gone.

It's just not really the case at all though is it? Don't know what it is with people twisting other peoples comments on here but nevermind.

I think it would be a good idea to keep him upstairs just for his way of being able to reel in the big players. That's all. If he doesn't then cool, goodbye.

Nothing wrong with that.

Ach wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Ach wrote:Wenger really has brainwashed people

This.

It's time for people to be weaned off Wenger.

The crap we hear about he has no say in transfers or contract dealings makes me laugh.

As usual, you're very much wrong.

All Wenger does now is identifies his targets along with Sven. Leave this to the ones who know what's going on, sunshine.

The January transfer window was certainly a dramatic one for Arsenal.

Alexis Sanchez signed for Manchester United, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan coming the other way - and the Gunners also completed the club record signing of Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund.

And to top things off, Mesut Ozil agreed to sign a new contract worth up to £350,000 a week which will keep him at the Emirates until 2021.

January was a big few weeks in north London, so who was it who were pulling the strings behind the scenes when it comes to transfers and negotiations?

We take a look at the transfer and scouting network at Arsenal and how the extensive recruitment system is headed up.

Sven Mislintat - Head of recruitment

This is the first transfer window with the German in place as head of recruitment at Arsenal.

Mislintat arrived from Borussia Dortmund last month and has taken on the role at the top of Arsenal’s scouting network, replacing Steve Rowley amid high expectations.

“Going by the press in England and Germany, they expect me to sign a (Ousmane) Dembele in each transfer window,” Mislintat said. “I'm being put on an incredibly high pedestal.”

Arsenal have already started to feel Mislintat's influence with young Greek defender Konstantinos Mavropanos arriving on his recommendation, he was also in Germany working on the Aubameyang deal.

The German works directly with Arsene Wenger in terms of identifying targets - both abroad and domestically.

Raul Sanllehi - Head of football relations

Again, this window will come too soon in terms of Arsenal feeling the influence of their new head of football relations, as the Spaniard does not officially begin his role until February.

But he has come across from Barcelona, where he has worked as director football for nearly 10 years - working on some of the biggest transfers of all time, including the deal that took Neymar to the Camp Nou.

Sanllehi’s chief role in terms of Arsenal’s future transfer dealings will be conducting the negotiations, both with the player and the other club involved in the deal.

He does have a huge contacts book, however, and will no doubt work closely with Mislintat in identifying potential targets.

Huss Fahmy - Contract negotiator

Fahey began work at Arsenal in the summer having left Team Sky, where he had been the cycling team’s legal and commercial expert.

While Sanllehi will deal with the early part of contract negotiations, Fahey’s role is centred around the final parts of the deal, including any legal aspects of the contract - such as image rights and other commercial interests.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Why do you think Wenger would have any pull with big players?

This is not 5 years ago when people believed we were entering a new post-stadium debt era and would be competing with the big clubs.

This is 2018, we are as bad as we've ever been under Wenger and are in the Europa League.

Somehow I don't think Wenger will be able to sell any world class players his vision any longer.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 pm

outside of arsenal fans wenger's name is still amongst some of the highest prestige in europe

sounds crazy but it is what it is
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Sims wrote:outside of arsenal fans wenger's name is still amongst some of the highest prestige in europe

What does that even mean in the context of him being able to attract world class players in 2018?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Sims wrote:outside of arsenal fans wenger's name is still amongst some of the highest prestige in europe

I'd argue it's Arsenal's name that has the prestige. I can't see Wenger managing clubs like Sevilla, Schalke, Napoli, Roma, Valencia, etc., even though they are playing at the top levels of the game. He'd be terrified of the sack if things go wrong.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 pm

curtains if not

By curtains you mean he'll leave at the end of his contract?

Because no way in hell do we fire him.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:
UFGN wrote:Wenger's the reason we've got Ozil is he?

The Army lads who started the club, Herbert Chapman and the millions of fans, staff and players who've helped to build an icon of football over 132 years all say hi

I mean. The guy has said it many times himself?

I very much doubt that if you ask Ozil why he signed he would even bring up Herbert Chapman.

“The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].”

It's quite incredible how other clubs manage to sign players

And devastating that we'll never sign a big name again after he leaves

And also incredible how we signed big players before he was manager here

f**k Arsene Wenger. He was yesterday's man yesterday.

I never once said we'll not sign any big players after he leaves. You're twisting my words.

My point is that he is a massive influence in football especially to modern day footballs and that he would be a big asset if he was to move upstairs.

That would be a disaster.

He would hand pick his successor and still be the manager by proxy.

He would also have a say in the transfers and our board would still defer to him in all footballing matters

His influence at the club is too great, we can't have it continue.

No. Fvck that idea completely.

When he leaves we need a clean break.

Why would he?

He's already been taken off dealings in contract negotiations and transfers.

Sven and Raul have been dealing with them.

Your argument is nonsensical

You want him to stay but have no influence because you think that will draw players?

If he's got no influence why would they come on the back of him simply being here?

You think a player's going to make a decision to come because we've got a pet tortoise upstairs in a box like some sort of club mascot?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

curtains if not

By curtains you mean he'll leave at the end of his contract?

Because no way in hell do we fire him.

only person who would stop him getting the tin tack is kroenke who unfortunately is holding all the trump cards

personally believe that although his managing skills have gone down the shitter there are ALOT of players who would love to play under him. of course it doesnt really mean much nowadays with the amount of money floating around but pep aside, i dont think theres many other managers who still attract players based on name. ofc its not gonna be the elite but for rising 19-23 year olds, sure
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Fergie picked his successor - that manager went to shit

Dalglish went in as ‘director of football’ - manager went to shit

Wenger would be the same. The club need a massive change in philosophy and that won’t happen when Wenger still has an office at the club!

Wenger had too big an influence and no manager could instill a new philosophy whist Wenger was still at the club. The first sign of a drop in form and what is left of the wkb would be wanting their hero to take charge again.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:30 pm

UFGN wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:

The Army lads who started the club, Herbert Chapman and the millions of fans, staff and players who've helped to build an icon of football over 132 years all say hi

I very much doubt that if you ask Ozil why he signed he would even bring up Herbert Chapman.

“The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].”

I never once said we'll not sign any big players after he leaves. You're twisting my words.

My point is that he is a massive influence in football especially to modern day footballs and that he would be a big asset if he was to move upstairs.

He would also have a say in the transfers and our board would still defer to him in all footballing matters

Why would he?

You want him to stay but have no influence because you think that will draw players?

If he's got no influence why would they come on the back of him simply being here?

You think a player's going to make a decision to come because we've got a pet tortoise upstairs in a box like some sort of club mascot?

Lol. No it's not.

Read what Sims is saying.

It's clear as f**k he's knows exactly what to say to players to convince them to sign in the first place.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Yeah, “here’s a big contract, no pressure to win, just go out and try to keep possession for 90 mins. Oh and no tackling in training”.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Ozil and Sanchez were neither on that high wages when they signed.

Aubameyang is rumoured to be on £180k a week - Standard now for one of your best players.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:43 pm

UFGN wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Why would he?

Lol. No it's not.

Read what Sims is saying.

It's clear as f**k he's knows exactly what to say to players to convince them to sign in the first place.

Don't know why you think these potential world class players are retards who have no clue where Arsenal stand at the moment.

We are currently a shit show. Wenger's words can't change reality.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk