Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Holdini wrote:who the hell is marcelino?

Some guy who took Valencia to fourth twice and got smacked by an Emery-coached side in the SF of last season's EL.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Jase89 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Sims wrote:
Jack The Ripper wrote:Most people don't know the rules, Freddie is not allowed to be the manager for long, because he does not have the correct licenses, he can only continue for 2 more months and then its illegal, the club can actually be deducted points, no way he can go on until end of season. Here is one of the many documents that explain it. research it guys.

https://tribuna.com/en/arsenal/news/3515911/

Numerous reliable reports say that Freddie has a UEFA Pro Licence, the highest possible which leads to no problems regarding it at all

I’m fairly sure that before the Norwich game the commentators mentioned the fact that Freddie has the correct license to take over full time
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:46 pm

StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Ljungberg isn't the answer for me, his lineup and substitutions on Sunday were both really poor, for me he seems to have pre-conceived ideas about certain players that aren't reality.

We need to get someone decent in, wouldn't put it past the club to go for the cheap option though, Ljungberg or Arteta would be a disaster, our status as a top club would well and truly be over if we appointed either of those two.

It was one game ffs.

How can you judge on one game when it also looked like he was picking a lot of Europa players because he'd worked with them more.

The man had 48 hrs to prepare, give him 3-4 games before you form a final opinion.

I don't think he even had 48 hours, but that's not the point. It's ludicrous to write off Freddie already, some people I swear! :dizzy: 3 to 4 games isn't that fair either, but he at least should soon start picking a better team. I have a feeling that was Emery's team on Sunday, not all Freddie's decision, but these next few games should give us an idea of what to expect from Freddie at least.
He's been assistant manager for long enough to be able to put out a decent team, surely?!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Ljungberg isn't the answer for me, his lineup and substitutions on Sunday were both really poor, for me he seems to have pre-conceived ideas about certain players that aren't reality.

We need to get someone decent in, wouldn't put it past the club to go for the cheap option though, Ljungberg or Arteta would be a disaster, our status as a top club would well and truly be over if we appointed either of those two.

It was one game ffs.

How can you judge on one game when it also looked like he was picking a lot of Europa players because he'd worked with them more.

The man had 48 hrs to prepare, give him 3-4 games before you form a final opinion.

I don't think he even had 48 hours, but that's not the point. It's ludicrous to write off Freddie already, some people I swear! :dizzy: 3 to 4 games isn't that fair either, but he at least should soon start picking a better team. I have a feeling that was Emery's team on Sunday, not all Freddie's decision, but these next few games should give us an idea of what to expect from Freddie at least.
He's been assistant manager for long enough to be able to put out a decent team, surely?!

I agree. But was that his selection or Emery's?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 pm

let's hope Freddie is super successful and gets the job permanently otherwise we end up with Marcelino, f***ing Raul

Would prefer Freddie being given a fair crack rather than bring in jokers Marcelino, Espirito Santo or blanc
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Eddie Howe putting on another fine display

Palace have a man sent off at 0-0 after 20mins, they lose 1-0 and now have just 7 wins in 30

After spunking shitloads of money

Genuinely awful coach
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Sims wrote:Eddie Howe putting on another fine display

Palace have a man sent off at 0-0 after 20mins, they lose 1-0 and now have just 7 wins in 30

Genuinely awful coach

I really can't understand why people want him at the club over more successful coaches.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

It was one game ffs.

He's been working with the team since the beginnning of the season, it's only his first game in charge, he'll know the players inside out which is what makes his lineup and subs even more puzzling. You make out like he's completely new to this, he isn't, he's been there all season!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It was one game ffs.

Exactly, he's not new to this, the average fan would have picked a better team, that's what was so shocking, in fact Emery picked a better team that Ljungberg is, which is ubelievable really. We're not analysing style or tactics, just the poor team lineup and subs.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:43 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It was one game ffs.

I agree. But was that his selection or Emery's?

Why would it be Emery's selection, he got sacked on Friday, he had no input, Ljungberg clearly picked the team there's no debate over that.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Sims wrote:Eddie Howe putting on another fine display

Genuinely awful coach

I really can't understand why people want him at the club over more successful coaches.

Same reason we've had this clamour for the likes of Arteta and Ljungberg, people seem to be averse to bringing in a top coach for some reason, it's kinda odd, almost like the club has brainwashed fans into thinking small because we're not big enough and can't attract anyone.

We can if we want to, the main question is whether the board want to or would rather save some money which is shortsighted because long term finances will suffer when this cheper coach fails to get us competing or into the CL. I think the lack of football people at the club and the relevant indifference towards performances results is a real problem.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:49 am

Holdini wrote:who the hell is marcelino?

As has been said, seems like a Emery mkII.

Managed Valencia, does this guy speak English?

Valencia have played ok football but this sort of appointment is not what I had in mind at all.

"The Asturian coach cares little for free-flowing football, but his sides are fit and properly organised.

A move to Zaragoza followed and there, he guided the Aragonese outfit back to La Liga. After a run of poor results, he was dismissed - and the club has not returned to Primera since.

After a short spell back at Racing in which he saved the Cantabrian club from relegation, Marcelino was hired by Sevilla, but was sacked following a run of poor results.

Controversially dismissed ahead of the following campaign for disagreements with the board and a reported difficult relationship with some of the players, he moved to Valencia in 2017.

Life at Mestalla was not always rosy and his style of football was criticised, but Marcelino led Valencia to back-to-back fourth-placed finishes, with the club having come 12th in each of the two seasons before his arrival."

............... sounds exactly like what we need. :doh:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 03846.html
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jack The Ripper » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 am

This is the problem with having Spanish guys in charge, they will always choose their own, thats how they are in general, all Spanish and South American people.. its all about getting their own, rather than anything else. I will prove it to you... 10000% the manager who they pick will be Spanish speaking, he could be from Spain, but not necessarily, he could be from any of the South American Spanish speaking countries too.

Having worked in Spain for 4 years, I know how they are, they stick together, any of the latin countries do.

I'd be in general shock if its another manager they choose like Rodgers or that Dutch Ajax manager, i'd be in shock, thats not how they are.

Now you will say the owners are American, and yes you are right, but they don't know football and they don't have a clue who the various managers are lol, it will all be left with Raúl Sanllehí to choose and they will go with that.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 am

jayramfootball wrote:
FARM wrote:
Santi wrote:
FARM wrote:I know the racism against British managers is at the highest in Arsenal, more than any club in world football. But I would be very happy if we got Eddie Howe, he has done an amazing job and took Bournemouth from League 2 too League 1 too The Championship too The Premiership too keeping them in the premiership for 5 season, remarkable.. Pep and Klopp would not even be able to do that, they would quit or have been sacked many years ago

Howe is a damn good manager and the players and fans adore him, plus he actually plays the training sessions and you can watch some of his training sessions on youtube, he is outstanding and he is still a very good football player and very slick..

The Arsenal players would love him and get on with him very well, they would all bust a gut for him I believe. And I know for a fact if Howe came to us that you would surprise yourself, you would like him quickly once you see his personality and how honest he is, he doesn't lie and make up BS, he will call it what it is if we play badly.. the fans would have a great connection with him, as I said you will surprise yourself.

We should not look abroad for unknown people, we have learnt that lesson many times, not just with Emery but with many players we have brought. Ya rather want El Neny than James Milner DO YA DO YA DO YA??!!!. its about time we changed and went British, it would be the best thing ever for us, get the club back to being loved again. The British managers are doing great in the prem, all of them with limited resources and totally out performing every foreign manager who have much more resources. Lets stop going for people like Marco Silva and Kiki Flores, and lets get some young British manager like Howe who would do great with us.

Found ourselves another brexit bad boy

Its nothing to do with brexit and politics. Howe is a very good and successful manager, he is young and talented and would be great for us. The fans would love him too. I just know in my heart he would do excellent with us, I think you would be surprised.

Don't worry about it - some idiots think British is bad for some reason.
They hear anyone supporting Britian or dare to embarce British values and conjure images of the National Front.
Just have to laugh at them.
Eddie Howe would be an excellent choice for what we need right now - a change of culture at the club and a fresh approach based on organisation and hard work providing the platform to play good football.

Being British is not a race
We have had Asian , black and an Australian player at Arsenal
Nationalism , I believe , is what you mean
I don't believe such an issue at Arsenal exists
Only one man can manage at a time and I believe that whoever is considered the best candidate has been given the job
I am proud to be a Londoner/ English / British
Hearing this equated with right wing extremes is pretty galling
We have had black players and fans as far back as I first started going
We were enlightened when clubs like Chelsea were boing their own black players
Just because they have frank lampard in the dugout now does not make them a beacon of progression
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 am

starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
FARM wrote:
Santi wrote:
FARM wrote:I know the racism against British managers is at the highest in Arsenal, more than any club in world football. But I would be very happy if we got Eddie Howe, he has done an amazing job and took Bournemouth from League 2 too League 1 too The Championship too The Premiership too keeping them in the premiership for 5 season, remarkable.. Pep and Klopp would not even be able to do that, they would quit or have been sacked many years ago

Howe is a damn good manager and the players and fans adore him, plus he actually plays the training sessions and you can watch some of his training sessions on youtube, he is outstanding and he is still a very good football player and very slick..

The Arsenal players would love him and get on with him very well, they would all bust a gut for him I believe. And I know for a fact if Howe came to us that you would surprise yourself, you would like him quickly once you see his personality and how honest he is, he doesn't lie and make up BS, he will call it what it is if we play badly.. the fans would have a great connection with him, as I said you will surprise yourself.

We should not look abroad for unknown people, we have learnt that lesson many times, not just with Emery but with many players we have brought. Ya rather want El Neny than James Milner DO YA DO YA DO YA??!!!. its about time we changed and went British, it would be the best thing ever for us, get the club back to being loved again. The British managers are doing great in the prem, all of them with limited resources and totally out performing every foreign manager who have much more resources. Lets stop going for people like Marco Silva and Kiki Flores, and lets get some young British manager like Howe who would do great with us.

Found ourselves another brexit bad boy

Its nothing to do with brexit and politics. Howe is a very good and successful manager, he is young and talented and would be great for us. The fans would love him too. I just know in my heart he would do excellent with us, I think you would be surprised.

Don't worry about it - some idiots think British is bad for some reason.
They hear anyone supporting Britian or dare to embarce British values and conjure images of the National Front.
Just have to laugh at them.
Eddie Howe would be an excellent choice for what we need right now - a change of culture at the club and a fresh approach based on organisation and hard work providing the platform to play good football.

Being British is not a race
We have had Asian , black and an Australian player at Arsenal
Nationalism , I believe , is what you mean
I don't believe such an issue at Arsenal exists
Only one man can manage at a time and I believe that whoever is considered the best candidate has been given the job
I am proud to be a Londoner/ English / British
Hearing this equated with right wing extremes is pretty galling
We have had black players and fans as far back as I first started going
We were enlightened when clubs like Chelsea were boing their own black players
Just because they have frank lampard in the dugout now does not make them a beacon of progression

There's one particular idiot troll on here who continually equates wanting to try a British manager with being part of the EDL or BNP.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk