Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should replace Emery?

Brendan Rodgers
9%
Eddie Howe
5%
Freddie Ljungberg
4%
Massimiliano Allegri
12%
Mauricio Pochettino
32%
Mikel Arteta
13%
Rafael Benitez
9%
Other
16%

Total votes : 76

Re: Next Arsenal Manager ~ General Discussion and Rumours

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Emery 2.0

This.

At 54, he isn't an up-comer either.

Steer clear if we don't want to waste another 18 months.

If we're too coward to get Pochettino, or he turns us down, just get Arteta—or, see how it goes with Freddie.

Sick and tired of seeing us linked with mediocre coaches.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:02 pm

It'd he such a Sanllehi-type appointment. :hiding:

Spanish - check
Unemployed - check
Relatively cheap - check
Defensive-minded - check
Yes-man factor - high
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Angelito wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:
BS221B wrote:Good to see that DG has finally accepted the Arsenal way of playing aka possession based, flowing attacking football. We cant do with pragmatics like Emery or Allegri.

Ten Hag would be great if Poch goes to Bayern. I dont see anyone else getting him. It would be also great if Sarri gets sacked by Juve at end of the season, he is destined to do great at Arsenal.

Would take Allegri's pragmatics over Rodgers or Nuno any day of the week. Can't hire another mid-table manager, or a manager who failed in the only big job of his career.

That said, Pochettino is the ideal candidate. ten Hag is Barca-bound, I feel.

I thought ten Hag was earmarked for Bayern in the summer? At least, that's what I've been reading over the past few weeks from Bayern fans on Reddit.

That leaves Arsenal and United as the current main players for Poch since he had an amiable relationship with Espanyol, both as a player and as a manager.

It might be. :dontknow:

ten Hag looks like the perfect manager for Barca. But since Barca executives are Arsenal-level dumb, they obviously won't give Messi a good manager again for the umpteenth time. So, yeah, Bayern might hire ten Hag and go on to dominate BuLi. Oh wait.. :P

I'd like to see him at Barca. The Barca manager post has been vacant for nearly 3 years now. Can't believe such a mammoth club would do such a thing.

I think Allegri wants the ManU job. He will have all the resources there and wouldn't simply be a coach, but a manager. It's between him and Poch for the ManU job. Bayern might be interested in Poch too.

Feel, we should simply do whatever it takes to get Poch. He'd be perfect for Arsenal: doesn't need a bucket load of cash, long-term solution, plays good football, works with the youth, and is a great tactician.

ten hag may be a pipe dream, but it's one that I am fully prepared to light it up.

outside of him, poch would be the next choice. I want a well balanced squad that attacks with a swashbuckling attitude.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:29 pm

swipe right wrote:Arsenal struggling to afford Europe's elite coaches and may be forced to appoint caretaker Freddie Ljungberg or former player Mikel Arteta
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... gberg.html

Looking at it, I'd actually be happy to give Freddie till end of season.

His philosophy and attacking football is what most AFC fans are wanting to see anyway.

We can then truly see how he works out and if need be get a better buttered up replacement in the summer, if we rush now we'll end up only with sub par managers desperate for a big gig.

Listening to freddie I like his ideas, its just whether or not he can get the team to do it.

I honestly feel if we rush this we'll suffer, we've been forced into change so lets give Freddie the chance to either put himself up there or write himself off and then we'll know we need someone, and if we do we'll be giving ourselves more time to get the right guy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Ljungberg isn't the answer for me, his lineup and substitutions on Sunday were both really poor, for me he seems to have pre-conceived ideas about certain players that aren't reality.

We need to get someone decent in, wouldn't put it past the club to go for the cheap option though, Ljungberg or Arteta would be a disaster, our status as a top club would well and truly be over if we appointed either of those two.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Angelito wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Emery 2.0

This.

At 54, he isn't an up-comer either.

Steer clear if we don't want to waste another 18 months.

If we're too coward to get Pochettino, or he turns us down, just get Arteta—or, see how it goes with Freddie.

Sick and tired of seeing us linked with mediocre coaches.

Some of the names being banded about are embarrassing, Arteta, Marcelinho, really? Are we a big club or just some middle of the road club with no ambition. I guess this is what you get when none of the people in charge are football men.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm

I'll give Freddie couple of months. If he can win at least 50% of the games during that time, will give him rest of the season. 5 wins out of 10 will get us out of relegation scrap, and then we can think of expansion. Long term planning, etc.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jack The Ripper » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Most people don't know the rules, Freddie is not allowed to be the manager for long, because he does not have the correct licenses, he can only continue for 2 more months and then its illegal, the club can actually be deducted points, no way he can go on until end of season. Here is one of the many documents that explain it. research it guys.

https://tribuna.com/en/arsenal/news/3515911/
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:Most people don't know the rules, Freddie is not allowed to be the manager for long, because he does not have the correct licenses, he can only continue for 2 more months and then its illegal, the club can actually be deducted points, no way he can go on until end of season. Here is one of the many documents that explain it. research it guys.

I think someone said this on twitter before Emery was sacked and wasn't sure if it was true or not, then we made Freddie manager so was then confused. So it's only for 2 months then huh. That's a weird rule.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:Most people don't know the rules, Freddie is not allowed to be the manager for long, because he does not have the correct licenses, he can only continue for 2 more months and then its illegal, the club can actually be deducted points, no way he can go on until end of season. Here is one of the many documents that explain it. research it guys.

Numerous reliable reports say that Freddie has a UEFA Pro Licence, the highest possible which leads to no problems regarding it at all
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Özim wrote:Ljungberg isn't the answer for me, his lineup and substitutions on Sunday were both really poor, for me he seems to have pre-conceived ideas about certain players that aren't reality.

We need to get someone decent in, wouldn't put it past the club to go for the cheap option though, Ljungberg or Arteta would be a disaster, our status as a top club would well and truly be over if we appointed either of those two.

It was one game ffs.

How can you judge on one game when it also looked like he was picking a lot of Europa players because he'd worked with them more.

The man had 48 hrs to prepare, give him 3-4 games before you form a final opinion.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Ljungberg isn't the answer for me, his lineup and substitutions on Sunday were both really poor, for me he seems to have pre-conceived ideas about certain players that aren't reality.

It was one game ffs.

How can you judge on one game when it also looked like he was picking a lot of Europa players because he'd worked with them more.

The man had 48 hrs to prepare, give him 3-4 games before you form a final opinion.

Exactly, baffling how someone can make such comments!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

It was one game ffs.

I don't think he even had 48 hours, but that's not the point. It's ludicrous to write off Freddie already, some people I swear! :dizzy: 3 to 4 games isn't that fair either, but he at least should soon start picking a better team. I have a feeling that was Emery's team on Sunday, not all Freddie's decision, but these next few games should give us an idea of what to expect from Freddie at least.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:07 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It was one game ffs.

Exactly, baffling how someone can make such comments!

and it's more so on the players than FL. they had a chance to hit the ground running under FL and they faltered. slight improvements aside, that's reflects poorly on the squad. FL needs time.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Holdini » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:36 pm

who the hell is marcelino?
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext