Mesut & Alexis' Contract Situation

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mesut & Alexis' Contract Situation

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:27 am

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:We offered RVP Ramsey?

- £120k a week
- Opportunity to play with Ramsey
- Values and ethos

'Twas a reference to van Persie not willing to play with Ramsey.

Going by body language, Alexis seems to dislike Ramsey too. Just speculation tho.

Thanks for the clarification, thought he were offering up Ramsey as some sort of bizarre bloody sacrifice

No one likes Ramsey
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 am

I like Ramsey, but £150K per week is stupid. Ozil and Sanchez should be on £500K per week then.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 am

The Alexis and Ozil sagas have blown away the veil of lies Wenger and the club have hidden behind. The ugly truth is that we are not capable of luring nor keeping top class players in their prime because, ultimately, the players of Alexis and Ozil's quality aren't interested in fighting for top four.

Supposedly we can't compete with the likes of United, City and Chelsea when it comes tl wages. Yet we're paying a squad player like Walcott £100,000 per week. It makes no sense to me.

Enough with the lies, I say.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Had we offloaded Theo in the summer, we'd have saved around £6m on wages until next summer.

Even if we offer Alexis and Ozil 200k a week, that'd be around £13m a year (deducting the £6m). For the next four years, that's around £70-75m (if we only deduct Theo's wages until his contract expires) Holy shit, retaining two world class players for that amount...

It's been reported that Ozil doesn't even want astronomical wages. He'd gladly accept anywhere around £180-200k. For Alexis, we might have to go £250k a week, which again is pittance for a world class forward.

We're just a pathetic club.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:27 pm

How could we have gotten rid of Walcott? Even if we'll agree to sell him at a discount, no one will pay his ludicrous wages except for us, which means he'll block the move by not agreeing personal terms. We've dug the hole we're in with Walcott, I'm afraid.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ronniec » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I remember Poldi was damned for earning 90k a week, and Theo is still at the club and making 100k+.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 pm

PairyGrows wrote:How could we have gotten rid of Walcott? Even if we'll agree to sell him at a discount, no one will pay his ludicrous wages except for us, which means he'll block the move by not agreeing personal terms. We've dug the hole we're in with Walcott, I'm afraid.

Hypothetically, if we agree to sell him for £5m, a club like West Ham could easily match his current wage.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Theo doesn't seem like a money grabber. Just wants to play football.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Get rid of these premadonnas. And their grandad (wenger) should be the first out of the door. Get rid of all three at the same time.

Thank you.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Goonerz wrote:Get rid of these premadonnas. And their grandad (wenger) should be the first out of the door. Get rid of all three at the same time.

Thank you.

Yes, let's get rid of the two best players we have. We need more RAMBO!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Goonerz wrote:Get rid of these premadonnas. And their grandad (wenger) should be the first out of the door. Get rid of all three at the same time.

Thank you.

I know your chosen nickname would be a problem once Alexis Sanchez goes. You would have to change it to another. Lol
But seriously, I couldn’t careless about these labels you keep shoving in peoples faces “Our two best players blah blah”. They have been part of the team that dropped us out of the Top 4 in 17 years. We are struggling to even be a Top 5 team nowadays. Where are our 2 best players to safe us?

Again, no doubt about their talent and quality but lt is not translating into progress for us whatsoever. To be fair you could make a very good case in defence of Sanchez. But right now he just seems to have downed tools which is not helping our team. He has turned into a premadonna this season. He showed a bit of it last season on about 3 occasion when he got subbed. Right now it is wiser to get rid of both of them together with wenger.

And why does it always turn to “Oh, you are criticising my fave player (Sanchez or Ozil), which means you hate talented players and prefer the likes of Ramsey, Elneny, iwobi, The Coq, Charlie Adams, Shawcross, Stoke City etc. :)
Some of us have been Arsenal fans for more than 20 years. Basically all our life. Watched and have appreciated some very talented players in that time at The Arsenal and around Europe. So stop with the Strawman extremes. Wenger, Sanchez, ozil etc found us here and will leave, while we remain at Arsenal as Arsenal fans.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:45 am

Goonerz wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

Thank you.

I know your chosen nickname would be a problem once Alexis Sanchez goes. You would have to change it to another. Lol
But seriously, I couldn’t careless about these labels you keep shoving in peoples faces “Our two best players blah blah”. They have been part of the team that dropped us out of the Top 4 in 17 years. We are struggling to even be a Top 5 team nowadays. Where are our 2 best players to safe us?

Again, no doubt about their talent and quality but lt is not translating into progress for us whatsoever. To be fair you could make a very good case in defence of Sanchez. But right now he just seems to have downed tools which is not helping our team. He has turned into a premadonna this season. He showed a bit of it last season on about 3 occasion when he got subbed. Right now it is wiser to get rid of both of them together with wenger.

And why does it always turn to “Oh, you are criticising my fave player (Sanchez or Ozil), which means you hate talented players and prefer the likes of Ramsey, Elneny, iwobi, The Coq, Charlie Adams, Shawcross, Stoke City etc. :)
Some of us have been Arsenal fans for more than 20 years. Basically all our life. Watched and have appreciated some very talented players in that time at The Arsenal and around Europe. So stop with the Strawman extremes. Wenger, Sanchez, ozil etc found us here and will leave, while we remain at Arsenal as Arsenal fans.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 am

Angelito wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:How could we have gotten rid of Walcott? Even if we'll agree to sell him at a discount, no one will pay his ludicrous wages except for us, which means he'll block the move by not agreeing personal terms. We've dug the hole we're in with Walcott, I'm afraid.

Hypothetically, if we agree to sell him for £5m, a club like West Ham could easily match his current wage.

Why would anyone pay Walcott over £100,000 per week, though? That's the thing. he's been a monumental flop for Arsenal given the wages we've paid him over the last four seasons or so.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:58 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Why would anyone pay Walcott over £100,000 per week, though? That's the thing. he's been a monumental flop for Arsenal given the wages we've paid him over the last four seasons or so.

That wasn't my original arguement. My point was had we offloaded Theo in the summer. Not if someone would be willing to pay his £100k+ wages, which is another side of the same coin.

Since you've brought it up, football is a funny game, especially transfers - so yes, Theo would have some suitors—not many—if we sell him for less than £5m. In today's market, desperate clubs like West Ham would be willing to spend £20-25m on Theo and if transfer fees were a non-factor, that is how much Theo would cost West Ham over 4 years.

Theo's wages makes it extremely difficult, yes. It also seems, however, that we're happy to keep Theo over someone like Lucas - who's miles better than him.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:05 am

I just hope they stay until the summer. Would be depressing if they left in Jan.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk