Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:00 am

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:By getting rid of Auba for free...


We didn't let him go for free. We paid him to leave.

Egad Angelito ... the nail that ensures that coffin remain shut !!!

We paid to get rid of him. Case closed. If you wanted to know the level of incompetence of Arteta and co ..... look no further :BangHead:


The incompetence - or just a bad decision - was offering him a new contract. I Agee with that - but, we did actually partially correct that by saving about £15-18m from next years wage bill. That will pay the wages of 3 players.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:By getting rid of Auba for free...


We didn't let him go for free. We paid him to leave.

Egad Angelito ... the nail that ensures that coffin remain shut !!!

We paid to get rid of him. Case closed. If you wanted to know the level of incompetence of Arteta and co ..... look no further :BangHead:


The incompetence - or just a bad decision - was offering him a new contract. I Agee with that - but, we did actually partially correct that by saving about £15-18m from next years wage bill. That will pay the wages of 3 players.

LOL Jay how can you try to spin this into a positive. We gave him a bumper contract, we paid off his contract to get rid of him and then gave him to another club. We have not saved any money - unless you believe we came to a compromise on his contracted wages - I can't see it somehow.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14996
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:56 pm

Goonerred wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:By getting rid of Auba for free...


We didn't let him go for free. We paid him to leave.

Egad Angelito ... the nail that ensures that coffin remain shut !!!

We paid to get rid of him. Case closed. If you wanted to know the level of incompetence of Arteta and co ..... look no further :BangHead:

He was given his big contract on Arteta's watch too, it was not an Ozil issue which he inherited.
Fair comment
Ramsdale/Turner
Tomiyasu/???--White/Saliba--Gabriel/Holding--Tierney/???
Partey/Elneny--???/Xhaka
Saka/???--Odegaard/Smith Rowe--???/Martinelli
???/Nketiah
User avatar
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 40282
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:By getting rid of Auba for free...


We didn't let him go for free. We paid him to leave.

Egad Angelito ... the nail that ensures that coffin remain shut !!!

We paid to get rid of him. Case closed. If you wanted to know the level of incompetence of Arteta and co ..... look no further :BangHead:


The incompetence - or just a bad decision - was offering him a new contract. I Agee with that - but, we did actually partially correct that by saving about £15-18m from next years wage bill. That will pay the wages of 3 players.

LOL Jay how can you try to spin this into a positive. We gave him a bumper contract, we paid off his contract to get rid of him and then gave him to another club. We have not saved any money - unless you believe we came to a compromise on his contracted wages - I can't see it somehow.


We don't have to pay him £18m in wages next year.
That's money we would have had to pay him.
So we're £18m better off up to the end of next year - at least - because I doubt we are paying him his full wage to be at Barca regardless of what the newspapers say. More like it's making up the shortfall based on what Barca are paying him - so in actual fact it's probably more like a £20-22m saving.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:22 pm

We only don't have to pay him £18m in wages if we didn't pay off his contract - and I am not convinced we did ! If we cancelled his contract we would still have to have paid him is wages.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14996
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:We only don't have to pay him £18m in wages if we didn't pay off his contract - and I am not convinced we did ! If we cancelled his contract we would still have to have paid him is wages.


We didn't pay off his contract.
I don't think we even paid this years.

I did hear a report we paid a £7m lump sum as settlement - less than half a year, but this is what Auba said

'My father did it all with my lawyer and they can say it best.

'But the week before we already knew that he could end up signing for Barca. The week before there were already contacts and I knew it.

He added: 'I really wanted to go to Barca. I gave up my salary because it is an opportunity that you have once in your life.

'It was something incredible (his ovation at the Nou Camp). It is a dream to play on a field like this and receive this ovation. I was very pleased and happy. The truth is that it was incredible.'


We saved probably between £20-22m by getting rid of him.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:29 pm

From Sky Sports and Opta

Image

This is the issue I highlighted much earlier in the season and now some of the media is catching up.
Tactics / formations etc have no impact on whether a player puts the ball on the back of the net when he should.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby firfi » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:17 pm

Stats are the biggest bullshit in the football game.
One site posts one xG other posts other xG and it can differ by so much that it makes it pointless.
We haven't scored enough goals ,because we dont create enough mostly and its not like we created twice as much as our enemies and we lost.
firfi
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 am

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:24 pm

firfi wrote:Stats are the biggest bullshit in the football game.
One site posts one xG other posts other xG and it can differ by so much that it makes it pointless.
We haven't scored enough goals ,because we dont create enough mostly and its not like we created twice as much as our enemies and we lost.


The simple fact of the matter is that we are the 5th best club the league for chance creation - but we are near the bottom for chance conversion.
Every single site that track and publish xG shows the same issue for Arsenal - finishing as opposed to chance creation.

It's actually good news for the club in a way because it tells us we really have no major system or tactics issue - some improvement to get the City/Liverpool level, but no major issue.
The real issue is finishing and it's been like it for a while and fairly obvious whether you look at stats or just watch the game alone.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:48 pm

And here to me is the killer. Almost every contract in any walk of life has a clause that says if the other party does not meet their standards some penalty will be met out. Usually with people resources contracts state if behaviour is not suitable or falls below a particular standard contracts will be terminated immediately.

If Auba was badly behaved as you have made out on numerous occasions Jay, surely Arsenal would have been within their rights to terminate Auba's contract without the need to pay him off !
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14996
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:And here to me is the killer. Almost every contract in any walk of life has a clause that says if the other party does not meet their standards some penalty will be met out. Usually with people resources contracts state if behaviour is not suitable or falls below a particular standard contracts will be terminated immediately.

If Auba was badly behaved as you have made out on numerous occasions Jay, surely Arsenal would have been within their rights to terminate Auba's contract without the need to pay him off !


Who knows what was in the contract. I would not have minded at all if the legal people at Arsenal found a way to just cancel his contract, but it seems it ended by paying a lump sum about equal to 40% of his annual salary and Auba writing off his wages next year.
Seems pretty fair to both parties to facilitate the exit.
It's really worked out well for both parties at the end of the day - Auba seems happy enough and we saved a load of cash and actually done better in the league.
These are the kind of win/win scenarios that should really just close the book on the discussion.
:dontknow:
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby Zenith » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:49 am

Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36300
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:47 am

Zenith wrote:


yeah Chelsea were quite lucky to still be in it before the penalty.
They did have a lot of possession but we limited their chances and their 1st goal was a fluke.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:49 am

Saka. ESR, Martinelli, Odegaard

2020/21 - 10 goals and 10 assists combined
2021/22 - 31 goals and 14 assists combined (with 6 games to go).
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 21495
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Tactics, Formations, Analysis, and Statistics

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:53 pm

For those in possession of a balanced and reasonable approach, understanding and appreciation of tactics, formations and unbiased post performance analysis, last night was vindication of our manager having acknowledged beyond the training pitch good purpose and benefit in exchanging renowned ball retention and developed build up play, for the alternative tool of attack with pace and fluidity.

Whether selection was to incorporate Nketiah, Martinelli or Pepe as the tip of the spearhead, the ability to constantly run directly towards goal quickly and decisively is what was paramount in making this and the other adjustments to midfield and defence also worthwhile.

That the correct answer to the question being asked of us regards our standing in the league could've undoubtedly been answered positively at the first attempt and would obviously have been preferred, but in it taking us a couple more tries at solving the equation, it shouldn't see us being assessed and labelled as dunce, backward or incapable, when our condition shows greater evidence of actually being mildly autistic and bi-polar.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elkanofan, Hypergooner, Salibatelli, Trendiction [Bot] and 5 guests