The Kroenke Problem

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?


Exactly. He doesn't have a record of selling when under fan pressure. It's like booing our players before kick off every match and expecting a positive outcome.


Hes never really had fan pressure that has lost him money. St Louis fans blew up after it became clear that he was making a run for LA, which was more financially attractive.

American sports doesn't have half the vitriol English or European sports do. We dont f**k about, americans have been conditioned to cheer and clap no matter what imo (I could be wrong but that's how it seems for me).

He loses revenue he will reconsider his asset. Hes purely in it for the money as you keep telling me, so he will follow money.

If international fans keep seeing kronke out signs and empty seats for a season or two and the pressure increasing, the stock market will react, overseas fans will react and he will eventually react.

Ask hicks and Gillett etc. Or we could sit here cheering the fact that we are competing with everton and west ham for signings and losing out.

It depends on if you are happy with that or not.


Have you thought about the aftermath and long term effects this would have on the club? This isn’t the Hicks and Gillett days. Owners can’t simply takeover a club and pour money into it until it’s successful. We depend on our sponsors and revenue generated to be successful on the pitch. This isn’t like a tap you can turn on and off whenever convenient. We put ourselves in a position where we may never recover from. Fans may walk away from the club and never return which hurts us in the long term. I can only see Kroenke walking after a long sustained run of us falling further down the table and a drastic drop in the clubs value and revenue. As much as people dislike KSE, I think watching Arsenal fall in such a way would hurt even more.

There has to be another way. Putting pressure on the club and owners to do better is something I can get behind but this sort of move is setting a fire in the stadium whilst still sitting in your seat and waiting for the owner to run from the building first. Once that fire is out of control it’s going to be impossible to control. You have to be willing to think that through.


The way I see it, this is basically what needs to happen. If not this then what weaponx suggested in his last post. The solution absolutely must be something that doesn’t cost us further on the pitch.
Leno
(Martinez/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Sokratis Tierney
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Mustafi/Dinos) (Holding/Medley) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka(c)
(Luiz?/Chambers)
Guendouzi --- Ceballos
(Torreira/Elneny) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Mkhi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 9/19/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 18072
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:35 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:For a man who considers himself a sports businessman he really sucks at it. He’s a terrible businessman and most of his wealth was either inherited and/or he married into wealth.

His son is a complete douchebag as well.

The f***er is just another white supremacist Trump lover I mean he did “donate” 1 million dollars to Trumps inauguration farce and likes to kill helpless animals.

Why people are giving him any sort of slack is beyond me and the problem is a lot of the fans are on his side.


Ah ... so he's a Trump supporter, a terrible businessman who's only made 8 billion, and his son's a douchebag ... that's your complaint

All highly relevant when the men who actually running the football club ... Vinai, Unai, Mark, Trevor, Stuart and Raul ... make all the decisions ...

But just like so many others go ahead and blame the absent owner who has almost nothing to do with running the club - he might be the biggest knob on the planet - but he's not the one making the decisions, he just signs the cheques ... there is a difference

It's like blaming the landlord when the tenants piss all over the carpets ... sure he signed the lease but it's the tenants who messed up ....



And when the tenants are bad what does the landlord do? He gets new tenants. Yes he doesn't have hands on day to day actions, but it's his job to make sure the club is being run right and it isn't. Only from his financial perspective, which is all he cares about, which is the point.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:37 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:13 pm

StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.



Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm

StLGooner wrote:Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


It is when you are only talking about 10,000 fans or 20,000 or even 30,000 out of Arsenal's several million ... Newcastle have been protesting for years how's that working out ... in fact name any EPL owners who jacked it whilst making a ton of money because of the fans ... I've racked my brains and I can't come up with a single one ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby weaponx57 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


It is when you are only talking about 10,000 fans or 20,000 or even 30,000 out of Arsenal's several million ... Newcastle have been protesting for years how's that working out ... in fact name any EPL owners who jacked it whilst making a ton of money because of the fans ... I've racked my brains and I can't come up with a single one ...


Just gotta protest properly (I dunno how I've only joined protests never led em).

Also proper use of social media, chants and banners would work.

Most of all is getting the entire fan base united and that comes through social media work really.

To be honest a rallying cry to remove Stan Kroenke would probably unite the fans better than Wenger Out ever did.......

I'm guessing only the American fans would disapprove but they are Americans and I don't give a shit what they think and they are an extremely small percentage of the fan base anyways.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:48 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


It is when you are only talking about 10,000 fans or 20,000 or even 30,000 out of Arsenal's several million ... Newcastle have been protesting for years how's that working out ... in fact name any EPL owners who jacked it whilst making a ton of money because of the fans ... I've racked my brains and I can't come up with a single one ...



Didn't Newcastle just sell or did that not go through?

I don't really know what your point is here?
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.



Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


The immature and delusional part comes from the fact that some aren't considering what this would potentially do to the club. It should be a last resort. If people are willing to stand by the new manager and want to see how this new Arsenal set up takes place, the same should be extended to the owner that has put this model in place. Being vocal and visual protests are fine and keeps the pressure and demand for more on but it can't be to the point where we starts to harm our own resources.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby aniym » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 pm

StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


It is when you are only talking about 10,000 fans or 20,000 or even 30,000 out of Arsenal's several million ... Newcastle have been protesting for years how's that working out ... in fact name any EPL owners who jacked it whilst making a ton of money because of the fans ... I've racked my brains and I can't come up with a single one ...



Didn't Newcastle just sell or did that not go through?

I don't really know what your point is here?


Rafa announced today that he's leaving Toon at the end of the month; they couldbt dl a deal regarding contract renewal. He's always fought for more transfer funds, so I imagine the Dubai buyer must have backed out. Club brass and the fans wanted him to stay.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6407
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.



Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


The immature and delusional part comes from the fact that some aren't considering what this would potentially do to the club. It should be a last resort. If people are willing to stand by the new manager and want to see how this new Arsenal set up takes place, the same should be extended to the owner that has put this model in place. Being vocal and visual protests are fine and keeps the pressure and demand for more on but it can't be to the point where we starts to harm our own resources.



So your reasoning is that it's delusional and immature, because you ASSUME people aren't thinking about what it could do to the club? So first thing, you're just assuming that people aren't thinking about that, then you're assuming that somehow getting a new owner would be detrimental to the club, or at least the protest and pressure leading up to it? So you really have no legs to stand on in any of this, and you're just worried about what might happen, and basing those worries off of assumptions as well. Well I'm worried about what IS happening right now.

Bottom line is, our club is on the downward spiral right now. No it's not just Stans fault, it's the entire Club as a whole that is failing at this point. Whether that be from past board members, past management, or whatever it is. Stan isn't the type to take priority on that and actually make things better. He'll sit back, collect his money and when things get really bad he may make a move or two. He isn't the worst owner in history, but he is a very bad one, unless you're just a club that loves to dabble into mediocrity forever, in that case he's the perfect owner. Well I'd like to think of Arsenal as being better than that, but that is where we're heading right now, and if at all possible (and it really is possible), I'd like to get a better owner. No, not one that just can come in and throw cash around, one that really cares, is passionate about Arsenal or at least football in general. I don't think that is asking much.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 pm

aniym wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


It is when you are only talking about 10,000 fans or 20,000 or even 30,000 out of Arsenal's several million ... Newcastle have been protesting for years how's that working out ... in fact name any EPL owners who jacked it whilst making a ton of money because of the fans ... I've racked my brains and I can't come up with a single one ...



Didn't Newcastle just sell or did that not go through?

I don't really know what your point is here?


Rafa announced today that he's leaving Toon at the end of the month; they couldbt dl a deal regarding contract renewal. He's always fought for more transfer funds, so I imagine the Dubai buyer must have backed out. Club brass and the fans wanted him to stay.





Cheers!


So back to mr. elite, so Newcastle haven't sold yet, but my point still stands, they are trying to sell, and by the fans protesting and complaining for years, it has caused Ashley to try to sell it, so even though he hasn't yet, it's working. And still not really sure of your point about how many fans. It only takes thousands to make a very loud and annoying noise, you don't need every single person from your fan base to show up on Stan's doorstep to prove a point. Small groups can make loud waves buddy!
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:32 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.



Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


The immature and delusional part comes from the fact that some aren't considering what this would potentially do to the club. It should be a last resort. If people are willing to stand by the new manager and want to see how this new Arsenal set up takes place, the same should be extended to the owner that has put this model in place. Being vocal and visual protests are fine and keeps the pressure and demand for more on but it can't be to the point where we starts to harm our own resources.



So your reasoning is that it's delusional and immature, because you ASSUME people aren't thinking about what it could do to the club? So first thing, you're just assuming that people aren't thinking about that, then you're assuming that somehow getting a new owner would be detrimental to the club, or at least the protest and pressure leading up to it? So you really have no legs to stand on in any of this, and you're just worried about what might happen, and basing those worries off of assumptions as well. Well I'm worried about what IS happening right now.

Bottom line is, our club is on the downward spiral right now. No it's not just Stans fault, it's the entire Club as a whole that is failing at this point. Whether that be from past board members, past management, or whatever it is. Stan isn't the type to take priority on that and actually make things better. He'll sit back, collect his money and when things get really bad he may make a move or two. He isn't the worst owner in history, but he is a very bad one, unless you're just a club that loves to dabble into mediocrity forever, in that case he's the perfect owner. Well I'd like to think of Arsenal as being better than that, but that is where we're heading right now, and if at all possible (and it really is possible), I'd like to get a better owner. No, not one that just can come in and throw cash around, one that really cares, is passionate about Arsenal or at least football in general. I don't think that is asking much.


Even in the conversations had on here, little thought has gone into how we generate money, what FFP means and how clubs tend to generate a money from player sales. If someone can form a sensible argument addressing the key points that will effect us, I'll at least know some thought has gone into this and it's not just immature ranting about our owner.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.



Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


The immature and delusional part comes from the fact that some aren't considering what this would potentially do to the club. It should be a last resort. If people are willing to stand by the new manager and want to see how this new Arsenal set up takes place, the same should be extended to the owner that has put this model in place. Being vocal and visual protests are fine and keeps the pressure and demand for more on but it can't be to the point where we starts to harm our own resources.



So your reasoning is that it's delusional and immature, because you ASSUME people aren't thinking about what it could do to the club? So first thing, you're just assuming that people aren't thinking about that, then you're assuming that somehow getting a new owner would be detrimental to the club, or at least the protest and pressure leading up to it? So you really have no legs to stand on in any of this, and you're just worried about what might happen, and basing those worries off of assumptions as well. Well I'm worried about what IS happening right now.

Bottom line is, our club is on the downward spiral right now. No it's not just Stans fault, it's the entire Club as a whole that is failing at this point. Whether that be from past board members, past management, or whatever it is. Stan isn't the type to take priority on that and actually make things better. He'll sit back, collect his money and when things get really bad he may make a move or two. He isn't the worst owner in history, but he is a very bad one, unless you're just a club that loves to dabble into mediocrity forever, in that case he's the perfect owner. Well I'd like to think of Arsenal as being better than that, but that is where we're heading right now, and if at all possible (and it really is possible), I'd like to get a better owner. No, not one that just can come in and throw cash around, one that really cares, is passionate about Arsenal or at least football in general. I don't think that is asking much.


Even in the conversations had on here, little thought has gone into how we generate money, what FFP means and how clubs tend to generate a money from player sales. If someone can form a sensible argument addressing the key points that will effect us, I'll at least know some thought has gone into this and it's not just immature ranting about our owner.




The same way we generate money now, why would it change? Do you just think our fanbase goes away if we get a new owner? Do you think he gets to take the stadium back home with him and we have to find a pitch to play on? I don't really get your point to be honest? I just want a club that is better run from top to bottom, nothing would change (in that sense) but the name on our Wikipedia page under "owner". :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35688
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Create a negative enough environment for kronke specifically and his asset wont look as attractive and he will sell eventually because the only thing he cares about is the value of his asset.

We get a new owner that actually cares about winning who adds in the maximum allowed every window to help us improve. We win things.

It's not difficult


Great theory ... but over the last five years of "Wenger Out" the asset value has doubled ... as you say it's truly not that difficult to grasp, fans protesting is great, fans creating a poisonous atmosphere that only hurts the players ... our owner has half a dozen franchises most of whose fans hate him and give him constant abuse ... has he sold any of them?

The trouble with posting a seemingly rational theory is when five minutes of research soon reveal that theory to be based on nothing but unfounded opinion, not evidence or facts ....

Do you honestly think Kroenke is going away? or that a few protesters and empty seats will change his mind? do you?



That's like telling a young kid that wants to be a professional footballer that the odds are he won't ever reach those heights, so might as well not even try.


Funny analogy because it does seem like some of these ideas come from an immature and delusional place.



Forcing any ownership out or to sell is rare. But it has happened before, and it has happened by protesting and creating pressure to sell, it's not so delusional or immature as you think.


The immature and delusional part comes from the fact that some aren't considering what this would potentially do to the club. It should be a last resort. If people are willing to stand by the new manager and want to see how this new Arsenal set up takes place, the same should be extended to the owner that has put this model in place. Being vocal and visual protests are fine and keeps the pressure and demand for more on but it can't be to the point where we starts to harm our own resources.



So your reasoning is that it's delusional and immature, because you ASSUME people aren't thinking about what it could do to the club? So first thing, you're just assuming that people aren't thinking about that, then you're assuming that somehow getting a new owner would be detrimental to the club, or at least the protest and pressure leading up to it? So you really have no legs to stand on in any of this, and you're just worried about what might happen, and basing those worries off of assumptions as well. Well I'm worried about what IS happening right now.

Bottom line is, our club is on the downward spiral right now. No it's not just Stans fault, it's the entire Club as a whole that is failing at this point. Whether that be from past board members, past management, or whatever it is. Stan isn't the type to take priority on that and actually make things better. He'll sit back, collect his money and when things get really bad he may make a move or two. He isn't the worst owner in history, but he is a very bad one, unless you're just a club that loves to dabble into mediocrity forever, in that case he's the perfect owner. Well I'd like to think of Arsenal as being better than that, but that is where we're heading right now, and if at all possible (and it really is possible), I'd like to get a better owner. No, not one that just can come in and throw cash around, one that really cares, is passionate about Arsenal or at least football in general. I don't think that is asking much.


Even in the conversations had on here, little thought has gone into how we generate money, what FFP means and how clubs tend to generate a money from player sales. If someone can form a sensible argument addressing the key points that will effect us, I'll at least know some thought has gone into this and it's not just immature ranting about our owner.




The same way we generate money now, why would it change? Do you just think our fanbase goes away if we get a new owner? Do you think he gets to take the stadium back home with him and we have to find a pitch to play on? I don't really get your point to be honest? I just want a club that is better run from top to bottom, nothing would change (in that sense) but the name on our Wikipedia page under "owner". :dontknow:


You may not have been following the talk earlier but Zedie suggested Kroenke would leave if the value of the club started to drop since all he cares about is money. We have had this debate before. If fans withdraw their money and attention, sponsors won't be so eager to invest, gate revenue will be down and since the bottom line will be effected, so will Stan and he'll walk.

So that's how our ability to generate money changes if we're talking about harming his revenue stream.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: allanxo4, mildredku60 and 8 guests