The Kroenke Problem

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke fault he agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent it on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Let me ask you something

Does Stan sit there worrying about whether its fair to charge £60 for a ticket? Does he sit there thinking “oh I do hope that Jayram bloke off Goonersworld can afford it. How will he manage it along with his bills“

Of course not. Because he is not reasonable. He doesn't care. Its not his job to.

Dont ask me to consider his business affairs and / or be reasonable about them

Its not my job
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18172
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:41 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:48 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.

Out of interest, which owner do you want him to be like?
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:


The club off the pitch is in a very healthy position and on the football side we've been spending money - a lot of it - on players.
How is an owner going to do more to "win trophies"? How is "caring" going to win us some trophies???
He's got rid of Wenger - a great decision - and he appointed a new manager who has won trophies. We need to give that new manager a little more time. I am sure if he fails, Kroenke will do his job and sack him.

You are not really making any sense.
Kroenke spends the money. Got rid of a bad manager and appointed a new one who's had 1 season.

...and of course he wants a ROI. Are you suggesting an owner is shit if he doesn't make a the club a not for profit enterprise?

So far, you've made no real argument to support a claim that he is a "shit" owner.

Who's the best owner then? One that isn't "shit"....
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:


The club off the pitch is in a very healthy position and on the football side we've been spending money - a lot of it - on players.
How is an owner going to do more to "win trophies"? How is "caring" going to win us some trophies???
He's got rid of Wenger - a great decision - and he appointed a new manager who has won trophies. We need to give that new manager a little more time. I am sure if he fails, Kroenke will do his job and sack him.

You are not really making any sense.
Kroenke spends the money. Got rid of a bad manager and appointed a new one who's had 1 season.

...and of course he wants a ROI. Are you suggesting an owner is shit if he doesn't make a the club a not for profit enterprise?

So far, you've made no real argument to support a claim that he is a "shit" owner.

Who's the best owner then? One that isn't "shit"....



Just because you care doesn't mean you win trophies, but because you care is what makes you put the right people in place to win and be successful, if he doesn't have the right people in place is it someone else's fault?



If you are under some kind of impression that the owner of every football club has no control over who he hires or who runs his club and gets the right people to do so, then I don't really know what else to say.

All you are saying is Kroenke spends money. We've moved past that bro. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:


The club off the pitch is in a very healthy position and on the football side we've been spending money - a lot of it - on players.
How is an owner going to do more to "win trophies"? How is "caring" going to win us some trophies???
He's got rid of Wenger - a great decision - and he appointed a new manager who has won trophies. We need to give that new manager a little more time. I am sure if he fails, Kroenke will do his job and sack him.

You are not really making any sense.
Kroenke spends the money. Got rid of a bad manager and appointed a new one who's had 1 season.

...and of course he wants a ROI. Are you suggesting an owner is shit if he doesn't make a the club a not for profit enterprise?

So far, you've made no real argument to support a claim that he is a "shit" owner.

Who's the best owner then? One that isn't "shit"....



Just because you care doesn't mean you win trophies, but because you care is what makes you put the right people in place to win and be successful, if he doesn't have the right people in place is it someone else's fault?



If you are under some kind of impression that the owner of every football club has no control over who he hires or who runs his club and gets the right people to do so, then I don't really know what else to say.

All you are saying is Kroenke spends money. We've moved past that bro. :dizzy:


He appointed Emery as manager and Raul Sanllehi as Director of football.
Are you saying that was "shit" - after one season?

You really have jumped off the deep end.

Now as I asked - which owner do you think is the best?
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Kroenke became a Board member around 2008 and was the majority shareholder from 2011.

All the crap that happened with Vieira and Cole and Henry happened before Kroenke had control. Selling off Hleb, Flamini, Ade, Toure happened before he was the main shareholder. From 2004 – 2010 were the worst years of under investment and losing key players. Look it up.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arse ... /verein/11

In those years we’d barely spend £40m on transfer fees. The signings were cheap and sparse. We had one year where we sold Ade and Toure to City but only brought in Vermaelen! We had 7 seasons of under investment before Kroenke became the main shareholder. This hasn’t all happened under his watch. The previous Board members should also be held accountable because those were our worst years in terms of investment.
Power n Glory
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:


The club off the pitch is in a very healthy position and on the football side we've been spending money - a lot of it - on players.
How is an owner going to do more to "win trophies"? How is "caring" going to win us some trophies???
He's got rid of Wenger - a great decision - and he appointed a new manager who has won trophies. We need to give that new manager a little more time. I am sure if he fails, Kroenke will do his job and sack him.

You are not really making any sense.
Kroenke spends the money. Got rid of a bad manager and appointed a new one who's had 1 season.

...and of course he wants a ROI. Are you suggesting an owner is shit if he doesn't make a the club a not for profit enterprise?

So far, you've made no real argument to support a claim that he is a "shit" owner.

Who's the best owner then? One that isn't "shit"....



Just because you care doesn't mean you win trophies, but because you care is what makes you put the right people in place to win and be successful, if he doesn't have the right people in place is it someone else's fault?



If you are under some kind of impression that the owner of every football club has no control over who he hires or who runs his club and gets the right people to do so, then I don't really know what else to say.

All you are saying is Kroenke spends money. We've moved past that bro. :dizzy:


He appointed Emery as manager and Raul Sanllehi as Director of football.
Are you saying that was "shit" - after one season?

You really have jumped off the deep end.

Now as I asked - which owner do you think is the best?




You're asking questions that have nothing to do with my responses. Who cares who is the best owner. How would I know? Has nothing to do with my point. I've gone off the deep end? you can't even f***ing comprehend my point. So don't try to get all condescending because you don't understand simple conversation.

I said nothing about Raul or Emery, why even bring them up? I can't judge them after one season under complete chaos at this club.

Point is, Stan is the owner, he is responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on at HIS club.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:


The club off the pitch is in a very healthy position and on the football side we've been spending money - a lot of it - on players.
How is an owner going to do more to "win trophies"? How is "caring" going to win us some trophies???
He's got rid of Wenger - a great decision - and he appointed a new manager who has won trophies. We need to give that new manager a little more time. I am sure if he fails, Kroenke will do his job and sack him.

You are not really making any sense.
Kroenke spends the money. Got rid of a bad manager and appointed a new one who's had 1 season.

...and of course he wants a ROI. Are you suggesting an owner is shit if he doesn't make a the club a not for profit enterprise?

So far, you've made no real argument to support a claim that he is a "shit" owner.

Who's the best owner then? One that isn't "shit"....



Just because you care doesn't mean you win trophies, but because you care is what makes you put the right people in place to win and be successful, if he doesn't have the right people in place is it someone else's fault?



If you are under some kind of impression that the owner of every football club has no control over who he hires or who runs his club and gets the right people to do so, then I don't really know what else to say.

All you are saying is Kroenke spends money. We've moved past that bro. :dizzy:


He appointed Emery as manager and Raul Sanllehi as Director of football.
Are you saying that was "shit" - after one season?

You really have jumped off the deep end.

Now as I asked - which owner do you think is the best?




You're asking questions that have nothing to do with my responses. Who cares who is the best owner. How would I know? Has nothing to do with my point. I've gone off the deep end? you can't even f***ing comprehend my point. So don't try to get all condescending because you don't understand simple conversation.

I said nothing about Raul or Emery, why even bring them up? I can't judge them after one season under complete chaos at this club.

Point is, Stan is the owner, he is responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on at HIS club.


You're really not making any sense at all.
You've said he is shit and then also said it's the owners job to appoint the right people.

He's just appointed two new people and you say you can;t judge them, so how the f**k are you judging Kroenke then? He's providing funds and hiring people at the club into the management team. He's also providing the cash - in spades.

So what in the blazes would not make him shit then?

Jeez.
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jayram its funny you say you're not defending Kroenke and then you go and do just that


I guess if speaking the truth means defending an individual then so be it, but not the intent.
It's not really that difficult to grasp.



You don't know the truth though, nor does anyone on this forum.


Yeah, I do. It's all in the accounts. Kroenke has spent hundreds of millions on players.
We bought players like Xhaka for £40m, when for £10m less than that Spurs picked up Sissoko. That's not Kroenke's fault. That is piss poor management by the people, led by Wenger at the time, choosing players.
We are 3rd in the PL on net spend on players over the last 5 years and our wage bill is massive.

It's not reasonable to blame Kroenke for not providing the cash - he has.



Who's in charge of management? Do they just make their own rules and do as they please? Even a boss has a boss. There also have been times when we didn't have the money to get the right player, or a better player. So we were told, but again none of us know.

Again, to blame just one thing or one person is wrong. It's a collective failure.


Wait, are you saying it's Kroenke agreed to the funds Wenger was after to sign Xhaka?
I'd be more concerned if Kroenke was picking players. That was Wenger's job to lead on when he was at the club, unless you are suggesting otherwise?
Bottom line is that the money has been available and been spent, we just spent on too many shite players.

We're in a mess because of one man - Arsene Wenger.



No, how would i know what goes on behind the scenes? Nor do you. Kroenke is the owner, he's in charge of everything, even if he puts other people in charge of certain things, and they don't perform, then its his fault for putting them in charge. If he would pay more attention to this club instead of all his other shit, then he could have seen these so called people failing like you say. You're sitting here telling me that you're so smart enough to see that Wenger was to blame for EVERYTHING, but yet our own owner couldn't? Doesn't say too much about our owner does it? You're concentrating on the money issue too much and thinking that is the end all and be all of our problems, or arguing that it wasn't, when in fact it can and probably is a little bit of everything. Quit being so narrow minded, blaming just one person or issue is what a child does.


No, I am concentrating on a combination of the money - of which a lot has been spent - and the shite players we got for that money.
Our owner has invested heavily.
Wenger decided on the players he wanted - which is one of the reasons he was proven to be a shite manager.



So just going to ignore all them other points. Got it! :Peace:

At the end of the day, we also have a shit owner. Not hard to see.


We have an owner who spends an enormous amount of money on players. What else do you want him to do?
I guess it's shit that he doesn't seem to be around much, but that really doesn't affect us.
The only other reason I disliked him for a while is because he didn't sack L'Idiot - but he rectified that.
If he continues to provide the funds, whilst not bankrupting us, he's doing his job.



Is that a serious question? what do I want him to do? Do you think this club is being run right? I want him to put people in charge that can win us trophies. Is that asking too much? Since you know , he spends all this money, wouldn't you think he'd want some return on that investment? No, huh, he just throws out cash doesn't care what it gets spent on huh? Jesus f***ing Christ. Do what a owner is supposed to do, CARE!! :BangHead:


The club off the pitch is in a very healthy position and on the football side we've been spending money - a lot of it - on players.
How is an owner going to do more to "win trophies"? How is "caring" going to win us some trophies???
He's got rid of Wenger - a great decision - and he appointed a new manager who has won trophies. We need to give that new manager a little more time. I am sure if he fails, Kroenke will do his job and sack him.

You are not really making any sense.
Kroenke spends the money. Got rid of a bad manager and appointed a new one who's had 1 season.

...and of course he wants a ROI. Are you suggesting an owner is shit if he doesn't make a the club a not for profit enterprise?

So far, you've made no real argument to support a claim that he is a "shit" owner.

Who's the best owner then? One that isn't "shit"....



Just because you care doesn't mean you win trophies, but because you care is what makes you put the right people in place to win and be successful, if he doesn't have the right people in place is it someone else's fault?



If you are under some kind of impression that the owner of every football club has no control over who he hires or who runs his club and gets the right people to do so, then I don't really know what else to say.

All you are saying is Kroenke spends money. We've moved past that bro. :dizzy:


He appointed Emery as manager and Raul Sanllehi as Director of football.
Are you saying that was "shit" - after one season?

You really have jumped off the deep end.

Now as I asked - which owner do you think is the best?




You're asking questions that have nothing to do with my responses. Who cares who is the best owner. How would I know? Has nothing to do with my point. I've gone off the deep end? you can't even f***ing comprehend my point. So don't try to get all condescending because you don't understand simple conversation.

I said nothing about Raul or Emery, why even bring them up? I can't judge them after one season under complete chaos at this club.

Point is, Stan is the owner, he is responsible for EVERYTHING that goes on at HIS club.


You're really not making any sense at all.
You've said he is shit and then also said it's the owners job to appoint the right people.

He's just appointed two new people and you say you can;t judge them, so how the f**k are you judging Kroenke then? He's providing funds and hiring people at the club into the management team. He's also providing the cash - in spades.

So what in the blazes would not make him shit then?

Jeez.



How does that not make sense to you. You can be shit and it's still your job to appoint the right people? :rofll: He can be shit at appointing the right people for fucks sake!! :BangHead:

But I'm the one not making sense? :dizzy:

I'm judging him by all the years he's been in charge, duh!!! And the past few have been getting worse, that's what I'm judging.

I'm glad Wenger is gone and he's bring in new people, maybe they will work, maybe they won't, but not fair to judge them after one season is it?


I'm not sure how old you are jay, but I think it's time to let the adults talk buddy.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34173
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests