The Kroenke Problem

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zanatos3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 am

weaponx57 wrote:Basically the club is shite at everything outside of football....the football is OK i mean it is at a Europa League level...

If an owner doesn't have the ability to step in and say whats what or doesn't care then he shouldn't be an owner....that's why I hate Stan Kroenke and his guts....the man should be hung with his entrails hanging out.


Kroenke's negligence - [ Arsene Wengers decline - 8-2 , 6-0, (5-1)x3 from Bayern, etc etc ]

& now 100% Owner, Lifetime Negligence confirmed, the Only reason Arsenal are in Permanent Cyclic Peril :)


Unless theres a SERIOUS BOYCOTT by London Fans. DISCARD YOU SEASON TICKET!

I suggest organizing popular ARSENAL DEDICATED PUBS, BARS...other sports places that Arsenal Families can attend IN LONDON (Kid friendly)

to watch all Arsenal matches for the 2019-20 Season.

It'll keep the money out of Kronke's pocket_Keep stadium seats visibly EMPTY at matches_when advertised & fans see the buzz :arse flag.gif:

COLOSSEUM - Build it & they will come___Away from the stadium & join other Arsenal fans to watch matches & Support local Fan Businesses

Rather than Kronke's Business, which is Arsenal.
Last edited by Zanatos3 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zanatos3
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zanatos3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 am

Its not Arsenal FC anymore,

Its Arsenal Ltd

EXTREMELY LIMITED
Zanatos3
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 am

Zanatos3 wrote:Kroenke's negligence - [ Arsene Wengers decline - 8-2 , 6-0, (5-1)x3 from Bayern, etc etc ]

& now 100% Owner, Lifetime Negligence confirmed, the Only reason Arsenal are in Permanent Cyclic Peril :)

Unless theres a SERIOUS BOYCOTT by London Fans.

I suggest organizing popular ARSENAL DEDICATED PUBS, BARS...other sports places that Arsenal Families can attend IN LONDON (Kid friendly)

to watch all Arsenal matches for the 2019-20 Season.

It'll keep the money out of Kronke's pocket_Keep stadium seats visibly EMPTY at matches_when advertised & fans see the buzz

COLOSSEUM - Build it & they will come___Away from the stadium & join other Arsenal fans to watch matches & Support local Fan Businesses

Rather than Kronke's Business, which is Arsenal.


So our club that has for decades run on self-sustainability, long before Kroenke ever came along. now finds itself struggling. That's not due to Kroenke doing exactly what our owners have always done, remember Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families never invested a dime, but rather because it was run into the ground by the Gazidis - Wonger axis of incompetence.

Whilst I would 100% agree Kroenke should have got rid of Gazidis and Wonger five years ago, that's the extent of his failure, no money in? show me a modern Arsenal owner who has ever put any money in ...

So your mind-boggling solution - to a club that relies on it's own resources - is to stop giving the club those resources, to cut of the very thing the club needs ... more income ...

BRILLIANT - LETS ALL MAKE THINGS WORSE

With a fan base seemingly composed of utter idiots, just maybe we are getting what we deserve ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3203
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 pm

weaponx57 wrote:Basically the club is shite at everything outside of football....the football is OK i mean it is at a Europa League level...

If an owner doesn't have the ability to step in and say whats what or doesn't care then he shouldn't be an owner....that's why I hate Stan Kroenke and his guts....the man should be hung with his entrails hanging out.

He got rid of Wenger, if he didn't care Wenger would still be managing the club. Imagine the uproar if, 3 years ago Kroenke fired Wenger. At that time the Wenger Out movement was NOT bigger than Wenger In.

In the end Kroneke got rid, happy days. Its not in Kroenke's interests to watch and let the value of his investment fall. Unless he is a Spurs fan in disguise .....
User avatar
theHotHead
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zanatos3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:Kroenke's negligence - [ Arsene Wengers decline - 8-2 , 6-0, (5-1)x3 from Bayern, etc etc ]

& now 100% Owner, Lifetime Negligence confirmed, the Only reason Arsenal are in Permanent Cyclic Peril :)

Unless theres a SERIOUS BOYCOTT by London Fans.

I suggest organizing popular ARSENAL DEDICATED PUBS, BARS...other sports places that Arsenal Families can attend IN LONDON (Kid friendly)

to watch all Arsenal matches for the 2019-20 Season.

It'll keep the money out of Kronke's pocket_Keep stadium seats visibly EMPTY at matches_when advertised & fans see the buzz

COLOSSEUM - Build it & they will come___Away from the stadium & join other Arsenal fans to watch matches & Support local Fan Businesses

Rather than Kronke's Business, which is Arsenal.


So our club that has for decades run on self-sustainability, long before Kroenke ever came along. now finds itself struggling. That's not due to Kroenke doing exactly what our owners have always done, remember Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families never invested a dime, but rather because it was run into the ground by the Gazidis - Wonger axis of incompetence.

Whilst I would 100% agree Kroenke should have got rid of Gazidis and Wonger five years ago, that's the extent of his failure, no money in? show me a modern Arsenal owner who has ever put any money in ...

So your mind-boggling solution - to a club that relies on it's own resources - is to stop giving the club those resources, to cut of the very thing the club needs ... more income ...

BRILLIANT - LETS ALL MAKE THINGS WORSE

With a fan base seemingly composed of utter idiots, just maybe we are getting what we deserve ...


MORE INCOME.... it was the continuous boycotts of the stadium, empty seats that reached a pinnacle after the 1st 3-0 to City at the fabled FA Cup.

the return Match in the Premier League [ also 3-0 ] had such a cataclysmic absence of Arsenal fans, due to manner of Capitulation & lack of fight & tactical nuance, that FORCED KRONKE'S HAND to finally, after 22 yrs change the Manager...not the players, Because Kronke saw the possibility of losing season ticket holders.

Boycott is the only weapon remaining for fans, Kronke is the 100% Owner, he's going where.

Fans, Players, Manager - the 3 thinks that Arsenal are composed of which the Owner benefits from.

If you want the Owner to be forced to adapt & change his BUSINESS Model & Tactics, to use some of his own funds not exceeding Financial Fair Play,

to keep Arsenal as a successfully run & profitable business, then you have to starve him out.

If the fans keep filling the stadiums no mater the results & State of the Club, then there is no need for Kronke to change the model

& his family continues to real MILLIONS from The Arsenal Ltd, regardless of the football & development.

I would just like the fans the uses their only impetus to Influence Kronke to adapt the Arsenal Financial Model to modern times,

so that Arsenal FC can truly compete in this time where English Football is Dominating Europe.
Zanatos3
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:Kroenke's negligence - [ Arsene Wengers decline - 8-2 , 6-0, (5-1)x3 from Bayern, etc etc ]

& now 100% Owner, Lifetime Negligence confirmed, the Only reason Arsenal are in Permanent Cyclic Peril :)

Unless theres a SERIOUS BOYCOTT by London Fans.

I suggest organizing popular ARSENAL DEDICATED PUBS, BARS...other sports places that Arsenal Families can attend IN LONDON (Kid friendly)

to watch all Arsenal matches for the 2019-20 Season.

It'll keep the money out of Kronke's pocket_Keep stadium seats visibly EMPTY at matches_when advertised & fans see the buzz

COLOSSEUM - Build it & they will come___Away from the stadium & join other Arsenal fans to watch matches & Support local Fan Businesses

Rather than Kronke's Business, which is Arsenal.


So our club that has for decades run on self-sustainability, long before Kroenke ever came along. now finds itself struggling. That's not due to Kroenke doing exactly what our owners have always done, remember Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families never invested a dime, but rather because it was run into the ground by the Gazidis - Wonger axis of incompetence.

Whilst I would 100% agree Kroenke should have got rid of Gazidis and Wonger five years ago, that's the extent of his failure, no money in? show me a modern Arsenal owner who has ever put any money in ...

So your mind-boggling solution - to a club that relies on it's own resources - is to stop giving the club those resources, to cut of the very thing the club needs ... more income ...

BRILLIANT - LETS ALL MAKE THINGS WORSE

With a fan base seemingly composed of utter idiots, just maybe we are getting what we deserve ...


And should have better supported a manager (who delivered the invincibles, delivered CL football for 2 decades, has won many domestic trophies, has an attractive football philosophy, is well respected by countless players, and speaks multiple languages) during a time when shareholder financing was out of control and the stadium debt was still being paid off
Leno
(Ospina/Martinez)
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny(c) Kolasinac
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Holding/Dinos) (Sokratis/Medley) (Monreal/Bola)
Xhaka
(Chambers/Bielik)
Torreira --- Ozil
(Guendouzi/Elneny) --- (Nwakali/Willock)
Mkhi -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Iwobi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Asano/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 6/7/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 17407
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:47 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:And should have better supported a manager (who delivered the invincibles, delivered CL football for 2 decades, has won many domestic trophies, has an attractive football philosophy, is well respected by countless players, and speaks multiple languages) during a time when shareholder financing was out of control and the stadium debt was still being paid off


Yeah it was all Kroenke's fault ... Gazidis and Wonger were just innocent victims off his micro-management .... my bad

Great buys - Mustafi - Santos - Jeffers - Squillaci - Stepanovs - Cygan - Senderos - Gervinho - all Kroenke

Great fitness - Sagna - Djourou - Senderos - Gibbs - Rosicky - Diaby - Wilshere - Walcott - RVP - Ljungberg - all Kroenke

Great time to sell - Cole - Toure - Fabregas - Henry - Vieira - Hleb - Flamini - all Kroenke

and let's not even start on the players sold cheap or going free due to total miss-management of contracts - all Kroenke

and finally the fact we've become the joke of the EPL the team with the spine of a wet lettuce - yup that's all down to Kroenke

and here I was thinking Kroenke never even showed up, when all along he was running the entire show, just shows what little I know ....

Sorry Arsene the fact we went so dramatically backwards under your 'total' management - who knew that was all Kroenke
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3203
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:57 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:Kroenke's negligence - [ Arsene Wengers decline - 8-2 , 6-0, (5-1)x3 from Bayern, etc etc ]

& now 100% Owner, Lifetime Negligence confirmed, the Only reason Arsenal are in Permanent Cyclic Peril :)

Unless theres a SERIOUS BOYCOTT by London Fans.

I suggest organizing popular ARSENAL DEDICATED PUBS, BARS...other sports places that Arsenal Families can attend IN LONDON (Kid friendly)

to watch all Arsenal matches for the 2019-20 Season.

It'll keep the money out of Kronke's pocket_Keep stadium seats visibly EMPTY at matches_when advertised & fans see the buzz

COLOSSEUM - Build it & they will come___Away from the stadium & join other Arsenal fans to watch matches & Support local Fan Businesses

Rather than Kronke's Business, which is Arsenal.


So our club that has for decades run on self-sustainability, long before Kroenke ever came along. now finds itself struggling. That's not due to Kroenke doing exactly what our owners have always done, remember Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families never invested a dime, but rather because it was run into the ground by the Gazidis - Wonger axis of incompetence.

Whilst I would 100% agree Kroenke should have got rid of Gazidis and Wonger five years ago, that's the extent of his failure, no money in? show me a modern Arsenal owner who has ever put any money in ...

So your mind-boggling solution - to a club that relies on it's own resources - is to stop giving the club those resources, to cut of the very thing the club needs ... more income ...

BRILLIANT - LETS ALL MAKE THINGS WORSE

With a fan base seemingly composed of utter idiots, just maybe we are getting what we deserve ...


Its pointless comparing kronke to past owners, they were all running the club in a traditional sense.

Only problem is, our competition left that traditional model decades ago now and are now financially pushing the extremes to get the most competitive teams.

That's the whole point. You keep insisting on selling Video CDs when your competitors are pushing streaming services to the masses, your business will collapse. Sure theres a niche market you can sell to, but if you dont move with the times, you'll forever be insignificant.

If we want to regularly compete and even dominate, our owner needs to give the maximum private funding allowed every window until we have a squad that can properly challenge as standard and not as a one off miracle.

That's exactly why kronke needs to f**k off because hes simply too entrenched in the idea of letting us bleed the slowest of deaths rather than push us to our limits.

He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about a steady maturing of his investment and the capital that the asset unlocks for him.

Abramovich, Siekhs, simply want to win at all costs.

Fenway sports and the glazers want to win because it makes extracting commercial funds in merchandise etc. Easier and more profitable and gives a massive bump to asset value.

Kronke wants to sit abroad and stroke his portfolio which is more akin to a stamp collection. He doesn't care about silverware because he already has his trophy ie arsenal football club.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32243
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Zedie wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:Kroenke's negligence - [ Arsene Wengers decline - 8-2 , 6-0, (5-1)x3 from Bayern, etc etc ]

& now 100% Owner, Lifetime Negligence confirmed, the Only reason Arsenal are in Permanent Cyclic Peril :)

Unless theres a SERIOUS BOYCOTT by London Fans.

I suggest organizing popular ARSENAL DEDICATED PUBS, BARS...other sports places that Arsenal Families can attend IN LONDON (Kid friendly)

to watch all Arsenal matches for the 2019-20 Season.

It'll keep the money out of Kronke's pocket_Keep stadium seats visibly EMPTY at matches_when advertised & fans see the buzz

COLOSSEUM - Build it & they will come___Away from the stadium & join other Arsenal fans to watch matches & Support local Fan Businesses

Rather than Kronke's Business, which is Arsenal.


So our club that has for decades run on self-sustainability, long before Kroenke ever came along. now finds itself struggling. That's not due to Kroenke doing exactly what our owners have always done, remember Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families never invested a dime, but rather because it was run into the ground by the Gazidis - Wonger axis of incompetence.

Whilst I would 100% agree Kroenke should have got rid of Gazidis and Wonger five years ago, that's the extent of his failure, no money in? show me a modern Arsenal owner who has ever put any money in ...

So your mind-boggling solution - to a club that relies on it's own resources - is to stop giving the club those resources, to cut of the very thing the club needs ... more income ...

BRILLIANT - LETS ALL MAKE THINGS WORSE

With a fan base seemingly composed of utter idiots, just maybe we are getting what we deserve ...


Its pointless comparing kronke to past owners, they were all running the club in a traditional sense.

Only problem is, our competition left that traditional model decades ago now and are now financially pushing the extremes to get the most competitive teams.

That's the whole point. You keep insisting on selling Video CDs when your competitors are pushing streaming services to the masses, your business will collapse. Sure theres a niche market you can sell to, but if you dont move with the times, you'll forever be insignificant.

If we want to regularly compete and even dominate, our owner needs to give the maximum private funding allowed every window until we have a squad that can properly challenge as standard and not as a one off miracle.

That's exactly why kronke needs to f**k off because hes simply too entrenched in the idea of letting us bleed the slowest of deaths rather than push us to our limits.

He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about a steady maturing of his investment and the capital that the asset unlocks for him.

Abramovich, Siekhs, simply want to win at all costs.

Fenway sports and the glazers want to win because it makes extracting commercial funds in merchandise etc. Easier and more profitable and gives a massive bump to asset value.

Kronke wants to sit abroad and stroke his portfolio which is more akin to a stamp collection. He doesn't care about silverware because he already has his trophy ie arsenal football club.


:clap:

Well said

EliteKiller wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:And should have better supported a manager (who delivered the invincibles, delivered CL football for 2 decades, has won many domestic trophies, has an attractive football philosophy, is well respected by countless players, and speaks multiple languages) during a time when shareholder financing was out of control and the stadium debt was still being paid off


Yeah it was all Kroenke's fault ... Gazidis and Wonger were just innocent victims off his micro-management .... my bad

Great buys - Mustafi - Santos - Jeffers - Squillaci - Stepanovs - Cygan - Senderos - Gervinho - all Kroenke

Great fitness - Sagna - Djourou - Senderos - Gibbs - Rosicky - Diaby - Wilshere - Walcott - RVP - Ljungberg - all Kroenke

Great time to sell - Cole - Toure - Fabregas - Henry - Vieira - Hleb - Flamini - all Kroenke

and let's not even start on the players sold cheap or going free due to total miss-management of contracts - all Kroenke

and finally the fact we've become the joke of the EPL the team with the spine of a wet lettuce - yup that's all down to Kroenke

and here I was thinking Kroenke never even showed up, when all along he was running the entire show, just shows what little I know ....

Sorry Arsene the fact we went so dramatically backwards under your 'total' management - who knew that was all Kroenke


I’ve not said anywhere in my post that Wenger is absolved of all blame but maybe if he was not so financially strapped during a difficult period, maybe he would have handled things differently and better. I pointed out Wenger’s successes in my post for a reason because it highlights what he’s capable of. You’ve mentioned the duds Wenger has signed but you ignore the brilliant players he’s given us. You talk about fitness issues but you ignore how Wenger changed the diet and fitness of players who looked hopeless in this regard. You say Wenger sold players at the wrong time but you ignore the point that maybe he didn’t have a choice. Despite how Wenger left the club, I know one thing and it’s that my respect for the man and what he has given this club knows no bounds.
Leno
(Ospina/Martinez)
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny(c) Kolasinac
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Holding/Dinos) (Sokratis/Medley) (Monreal/Bola)
Xhaka
(Chambers/Bielik)
Torreira --- Ozil
(Guendouzi/Elneny) --- (Nwakali/Willock)
Mkhi -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Iwobi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Asano/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 6/7/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 17407
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Zedie wrote:Its pointless comparing kronke to past owners, they were all running the club in a traditional sense.

Only problem is, our competition left that traditional model decades ago now and are now financially pushing the extremes to get the most competitive teams.

That's the whole point. You keep insisting on selling Video CDs when your competitors are pushing streaming services to the masses, your business will collapse. Sure theres a niche market you can sell to, but if you dont move with the times, you'll forever be insignificant.

If we want to regularly compete and even dominate, our owner needs to give the maximum private funding allowed every window until we have a squad that can properly challenge as standard and not as a one off miracle.

That's exactly why kronke needs to f**k off because hes simply too entrenched in the idea of letting us bleed the slowest of deaths rather than push us to our limits.

He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about a steady maturing of his investment and the capital that the asset unlocks for him.

Abramovich, Siekhs, simply want to win at all costs.

Fenway sports and the glazers want to win because it makes extracting commercial funds in merchandise etc. Easier and more profitable and gives a massive bump to asset value.

Kronke wants to sit abroad and stroke his portfolio which is more akin to a stamp collection. He doesn't care about silverware because he already has his trophy ie arsenal football club.


Can't argue with any of that ... would be great if Kroenke was a Country or some money laundering Russian Billionaire ... but he isn't

You speak as if every club still had a sugar daddy giving them unlimited funding for new players, but that's just not true once you forget about City ... Utd have spent net 60m a year for the last decade, that's all come from their massive financial income and 318m in share sales, none of it from the Glaziers - Liverpool have spent net 30m a year again all from self generation (Fenway did loan 257m for the new stand and training ground, not for players, and that's all being re-payed with interest) - Chelsea spent net 56m a year 500m from Abro's but he's pulled the plug on that - Spuds spent net feck all squared in an entire decade ....

and us well we've spent net 30m a year all off which was self funded ....

So Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea (now) and Spuds get no owner funding for players .... why do we expect Kroenke, or any owner that replaces Kroenke, to be any different, not that FFP would allow it anyway.

Over the ten years (2009-18) we've made operating profits of 830m all of which has gone back into the club ... in that time only City and Utd have had more money (Utd 1,700m City 1,450m) .... Kroenke may be an absentee c***, but he's not the one who pissed away 830m that was Gazidis and Wonger ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3203
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Its pointless comparing kronke to past owners, they were all running the club in a traditional sense.

Only problem is, our competition left that traditional model decades ago now and are now financially pushing the extremes to get the most competitive teams.

That's the whole point. You keep insisting on selling Video CDs when your competitors are pushing streaming services to the masses, your business will collapse. Sure theres a niche market you can sell to, but if you dont move with the times, you'll forever be insignificant.

If we want to regularly compete and even dominate, our owner needs to give the maximum private funding allowed every window until we have a squad that can properly challenge as standard and not as a one off miracle.

That's exactly why kronke needs to f**k off because hes simply too entrenched in the idea of letting us bleed the slowest of deaths rather than push us to our limits.

He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about a steady maturing of his investment and the capital that the asset unlocks for him.

Abramovich, Siekhs, simply want to win at all costs.

Fenway sports and the glazers want to win because it makes extracting commercial funds in merchandise etc. Easier and more profitable and gives a massive bump to asset value.

Kronke wants to sit abroad and stroke his portfolio which is more akin to a stamp collection. He doesn't care about silverware because he already has his trophy ie arsenal football club.


Can't argue with any of that ... would be great if Kroenke was a Country or some money laundering Russian Billionaire ... but he isn't

You speak as if every club still had a sugar daddy giving them unlimited funding for new players, but that's just not true once you forget about City ... Utd have spent net 60m a year for the last decade, that's all come from their massive financial income and 318m in share sales, none of it from the Glaziers - Liverpool have spent net 30m a year again all from self generation (Fenway did loan 257m for the new stand and training ground, not for players, and that's all being re-payed with interest) - Chelsea spent net 56m a year 500m from Abro's but he's pulled the plug on that - Spuds spent net feck all squared in an entire decade ....

and us well we've spent net 30m a year all off which was self funded ....

So Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea (now) and Spuds get no owner funding for players .... why do we expect Kroenke, or any owner that replaces Kroenke, to be any different, not that FFP would allow it anyway.

Over the ten years (2009-18) we've made operating profits of 830m all of which has gone back into the club ... in that time only City and Utd have had more money (Utd 1,700m City 1,450m) .... Kroenke may be an absentee c***, but he's not the one who pissed away 830m that was Gazidis and Wonger ....


Still a billionaire though and he has missed a massive opportunity to not only improve his portfolio but set us up to be one of the best clubs in the world.
Leno
(Ospina/Martinez)
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny(c) Kolasinac
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Holding/Dinos) (Sokratis/Medley) (Monreal/Bola)
Xhaka
(Chambers/Bielik)
Torreira --- Ozil
(Guendouzi/Elneny) --- (Nwakali/Willock)
Mkhi -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Iwobi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Asano/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 6/7/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 17407
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:40 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Its pointless comparing kronke to past owners, they were all running the club in a traditional sense.

Only problem is, our competition left that traditional model decades ago now and are now financially pushing the extremes to get the most competitive teams.

That's the whole point. You keep insisting on selling Video CDs when your competitors are pushing streaming services to the masses, your business will collapse. Sure theres a niche market you can sell to, but if you dont move with the times, you'll forever be insignificant.

If we want to regularly compete and even dominate, our owner needs to give the maximum private funding allowed every window until we have a squad that can properly challenge as standard and not as a one off miracle.

That's exactly why kronke needs to f**k off because hes simply too entrenched in the idea of letting us bleed the slowest of deaths rather than push us to our limits.

He doesn't care about winning trophies, he cares about a steady maturing of his investment and the capital that the asset unlocks for him.

Abramovich, Siekhs, simply want to win at all costs.

Fenway sports and the glazers want to win because it makes extracting commercial funds in merchandise etc. Easier and more profitable and gives a massive bump to asset value.

Kronke wants to sit abroad and stroke his portfolio which is more akin to a stamp collection. He doesn't care about silverware because he already has his trophy ie arsenal football club.


Can't argue with any of that ... would be great if Kroenke was a Country or some money laundering Russian Billionaire ... but he isn't

You speak as if every club still had a sugar daddy giving them unlimited funding for new players, but that's just not true once you forget about City ... Utd have spent net 60m a year for the last decade, that's all come from their massive financial income and 318m in share sales, none of it from the Glaziers - Liverpool have spent net 30m a year again all from self generation (Fenway did loan 257m for the new stand and training ground, not for players, and that's all being re-payed with interest) - Chelsea spent net 56m a year 500m from Abro's but he's pulled the plug on that - Spuds spent net feck all squared in an entire decade ....

and us well we've spent net 30m a year all off which was self funded ....

So Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea (now) and Spuds get no owner funding for players .... why do we expect Kroenke, or any owner that replaces Kroenke, to be any different, not that FFP would allow it anyway.

Over the ten years (2009-18) we've made operating profits of 830m all of which has gone back into the club ... in that time only City and Utd have had more money (Utd 1,700m City 1,450m) .... Kroenke may be an absentee c***, but he's not the one who pissed away 830m that was Gazidis and Wonger ....


Man u

Their wealth based on generations of being way ahead of the pack commercially, they are a juggernaut too big to fail. Trying to compare their minimal private financial income to ours is a false economy because you know as well as I do that their spending power cant be caught by organic means. That's why no one other than other global commercial giants in captive leagues can match it (Real / Barca / Bayern).

Chelsea

net spend doesn't account for the insane amounts of funding thrown into the club in the early years or the stockpiling of players like lukaku who made 10 appearances for Chelsea but made them a 20m odd profit. They still have money spread everywhere in loan players that will never play for their actual club. We've never been in that position to do that and you know it.

Liverpool

Let's see. Fenway came in and invested a shit load up front on mostly failures, but snagged few gems that eventually made them massive profits when sold, which was eventually reinvested in more top tier players.

On top of that they have been a commercial power house for generations and have an excellent base to work from. Fenway have come in and done the business in much the same way I hope for arsenal while some people focus on the manager.

Spurs

Similar to the invinicibles, spurs have made some shrewd investments but have come good on a lot of academy graduates that can actually compete at the top end. Shame for them that even in this golden era, they've still not won f**k all. You can actually see the limitations of their squad holding them back because they simply cannot buy enough quality cover to rotate or eventually start burning out their younger stars via over playing.

Some of their player lifecycle are starting to come to an end and they may be getting closer to a downturn if they start struggling to keep some players/fitness problems with key players (Kane and his now f***ked ankles for example).

Staring at net spend and not looking at the detail behind it blinds you from drawing a proper conclusion.

I'd rather not wait for the stars to align so we can stumble across the right amount of unearthed talent to challenge on a single season like Leicester and spurs, I'd rather we actually inject cash and buy some talent with more certainty like city Chelsea and liverpool because that gets longer lasting results but much quicker
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32243
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:47 pm

@ elite - re your point about gazidis and Wenger, I 100% agree. Their power struggle ended up forcing us to make some really poor decisions and its cost us right now.

Wenger was pushed and gazidis slinked off once he realised what he'd done. Ultimately , if you are the captain of the ship, you have to make sure your crew are running it properly and kronke is nowhere to he seen.

Hes a great collector of assets, but he doesn't care or understand about the nuances of those assets and it shows.

If you are in charge of anything, you simply cannot take your hands off the wheel and hope it all works out and theres no other way to look at what hes done imo.

His biggest wins are probably his potential sale margin of the club and how much more merchandise he is able to sell globally.

He could own it for another 20 years and be fine without us winning a f***ing thing with no investment.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32243
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Its worth remembering that, as easy as it is to attack foreign owners as out if touch, not caring about football etc, having a British owner would be no guarantee of an improvement.

Look at Mike Ashley. Bottom line is, most billionaires are c***.

You think we'd be better off with some arsehole like Philip Green? Or Jim Ratcliffe maybe? No, me neither

The model to aspire to is fan ownership, with an executive committee overseeing the hiring and firing of directors who in turn would hire the manager and set budgets

The problem we face is the value of the club. To invest in Arsenal is an expensive business. The use of micro shares is the only solution, a scheme that was I believe previously available through the AST.

Nothing short of a takeover will really solve the Kroenke problem. That can happen but it would take a large scale, long term plan with detailed organisation..... to put together a structure where fans could pledge money toward a takeover and then see that money converted to micro-shares. The issuing of bonds and prepayment of season tickets, at a discounted rate, could also be used to raise money.
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18172
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:33 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Still a billionaire though and he has missed a massive opportunity to not only improve his portfolio but set us up to be one of the best clubs in the world.


Paid 500m for the club now worth 2,500m .... not sure what the massive missed opportunity was ... even with a Title and a CL or two the value of the club wouldn't be all that much higher - Chelsea have 3 European Trophies and 3 EPL titles in the last decade still worth less than us ... Spuds have won feck all in years and soon they will be worth the same as us ....

Spending Man City level billions to get bugger all additional financial return at Arsenal? ... apart from the ego boost why would a billionaire (or anyone else) do that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3203
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 5 guests