The Kroenke Problem

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:26 am

And thanks Jay, you make a very valid point. Who in their right mind wants to or will throw away £200m of their own cash on substandard players ???? Spending money is not the cure-all for Arsenal, choosing the right players, at the right price and having them coached properly is the way forward.

Splashing the cash willy nilly as we have seen in the past 4 years doesn't work.
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Splashing cash does definitely work if you do it correctly and buy the right players at the right time.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby yadunoe » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:14 am

VCC wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
yadunoe wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:The problem as proven over and over isn't with the Kroenkes and the amount of money the club spends, as shown again and again we are broadly in line with the rest of the so called big six over the last ten years ...

The problem is that the Kroenke's allowed the Wenger / Gazidis axis to take our club down a dead-end on both transfer and wages strategy, to pretty much destroy our backroom and academy by micromanagement, and to create a squad of pretty boys with the backbone of a jellyfish. Since then the failing to make appointments of a high enough calibre - who the feck is Vinai Venkatesham some cheap in-house copy boy who's been over promoted? and then thinking Emery, Ljunberg, Arteta would compete with Pep, Klopp, Mourinho? ... that's division two standard.

The lack of action against Wenger and Gazidis, the terrible senior staff appointments, yup that's on the Kronkes ... but no question we've had the money we've just watched it all get pissed away.

This summer we will see four players out of contract (admittedly two are on loan to us) and another five all enter their final year ... the shitshow ain't over yet I'm afraid. You can't fix a decade of miss-management in two years, it took Liverpool almost thirty ... let's pray we do better than them

I agree with you but I think kroenke hasnt shown he cares simply spending the same as other top 6 isnt enough like rn we need a 200m investment maybe more hes q billionaire pull it out and get to work man city style that's what we need . I hope mbs doesnt by Newcastle and pays kroenke to gtfo and then we can be a big club again

Mate yours is a "pie in the sky" request - to just pull out £200m of his own money and spend it on players. The only people that would do that are people that do not know the value of money - like oil sheikhs. Roman Abramovich used to do that, but even he doesn't do it these days. Kroenke isn't a billionaire because he is financially stupid ! Your request does not fall into the "realistic" category.

HH its realistic for a fan to spend that
There is the problem the billionaire we picked is not a fan,his motive for buying Arsenal was to extend his sport portfolio and make money, and god knows it somehow may fall into some kind of tax dodge through creative accounting?
We should have got usmanov with his dirty money but some fans and board didn't like the idea, but hey there probably isn't a billionaire out there that has not got dirty money coming in somehow.
Best investment Arsenal could make is cleaning out the coaching staff, all we have done is appoint a head coach (who identity looks much like AW so far) and change the deck chairs of the other coaching staff, we have produced nothing for years from the youth team, and before peeps start shooting that comment down, yes we have a few players with potential ! When did the club ever grow that potential last. There is the problem as you say throwing money at it helps and should plug the gaps or bring in the necessary world class acts to build around, but the clubs training program is a joke the club needs a clean out everyone is far too comfortable just bringing in a wage with no accountability or targets much like ozil has been accused

I agree with this kroenke doesnt care he needs to spend 200m on players and get rid of shit coaches but he won't because he only uses arsenal as collateral for L.A rams his new cash cow now that they are probably worth more then arsenal he will give less of a f**k about us and we will be officially mid table unless fans revolt and demand he sells because without the fans arsenal is nothing MBS is one of the shittiest human beings on planet earth but I wouldnt give two fucks if he wanted to money launder is wealth though arsenal. We need investment in players coaching training facility scouts everything that's not going to come from kroenke. Ive also said that whoever bought pepe over koulibaly or upemacano should be fired simple.
yadunoe
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am

I'm not a fan of Kroenke, I hate the guy and wish he would f**k off, but I cannot blame him for our demise, I just can't. The club has not stopped spending money since he took charge. I can blame him for keeping Wenger too long, but he got rid in the end. some might say he shouldn't have hired Emery - well they sacked him after 18 months.

Kroenke isn't the reason we bought a whole load of average players at inflated prices. Kroenke isn't responsible for sending teams out half-cocked playing a shit system and shit tactics. Thats all on the recent managers.
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:I'm not a fan of Kroenke, I hate the guy and wish he would f**k off, but I cannot blame him for our demise, I just can't. The club has not stopped spending money since he took charge. I can blame him for keeping Wenger too long, but he got rid in the end. some might say he shouldn't have hired Emery - well they sacked him after 18 months.

Kroenke isn't the reason we bought a whole load of average players at inflated prices. Kroenke isn't responsible for sending teams out half-cocked playing a shit system and shit tactics. Thats all on the recent managers.

Is he responsible for putting the people in charge that made those bad decisions?

To me if the club is failing, then everyone associated deserves blame.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:07 pm

OK, he must shoulder some of the blame, it happened on his watch. But 80% of the blame goes to those fuckwits Wenger and Emery.
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:11 pm

There is enough blame to spread around. Lets give some to the ball boys too while we're at it. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Tony Adams » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:OK, he must shoulder some of the blame, it happened on his watch. But 80% of the blame goes to those fuckwits Wenger and Emery.
and arteta
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Splashing cash does definitely work if you do it correctly and buy the right players at the right time.

No shit Sherlock!

Unfortunately, you only find out if any of those three criteria have worked.........after you've splashed the cash! ;)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Rockape wrote:

No shit Sherlock!

Unfortunately, you only find out if any of those three criteria have worked.........after you've splashed the cash! ;)

It's not so obvious to some though.

And technically you never know if anything you did worked until afterwards.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby aniym » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Need him to bail us out with a £68m bid for Coutinho. Barca is willing to let him go at that price.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Arsenal Make a Loss for the First Time Since 2002 as Champions League Absence Bites

https://www.90min.com/posts/6566597-arsenal-make-a-loss-for-the-first-time-since-2002-as-champions-league-absence-bites

:arsenal3:
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Doesn't bode well
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby aniym » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Surely means exits for several players in the summer. Also means Ceballos' deal won't be made permanent.

I'd take one season out of Europe playing a mostly young side (Martinelli, Nketiah, Saka, Tierney, Willock) over the current bunch of hapless overpaid 'stars' we currently have.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Ceballos isn't that good either. Should try to get back Fabregas for a short stint.
But in any case a quality CM is a must in Summer.
ag6789
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk