The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 16, 2021 4:15 pm

swipe right wrote:Seeing Leicester’s players celebrating with their owner was lovely. There’s a genuineness there that we will never have with the Kroenkes.

i don't remember us celebrating with Hill-Wood et al, I remember Wenger, I don't remember seeing Fizsmann and the rest of them celebrating with the players.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 16, 2021 4:21 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:It's not only about money.We don't have people that can spend the money wisely .We cannot battle with CIty ,United or Chelsea in the spending spree. What we can do is spend it better we're buying unproven 1 season player Pepe for 72m + under the table only god knows how much with structure for 4-5 seasons to be paid that amount when the guy has had 1 good season and we did basically zero scouting on him.Even kid in high school can just check his stats and reasonably decide hes never worth that money.More than half of his goals we're from the penalty spot which can hardly be counted as the same value goals as open play ones. Besides that his ball control is really poor to average his passing ability is pretty average and the only thing he can do well is shoot.That played is worth around 30-45mil MAX.Yet we overpaid like over twice that just because we hired people that don't have a clue what they're doing and now that's draging us backwards.
Same people sacked Wenger without giving him really a good budget to spend and see what can happen.Same people hired Emery a bottlejob from PSG ,because they sacked Wenger and there weren't any good options available at the time.They just sacked him because that's what they felt was right without thinking of replacement at all.
Hiring a manager without experience in a club that wants instant improvements(Arteta) was on the same boat decision.
Combined we spend so much money in those seasons since Wenger left that we could have hired a manager like Alegri(proven) or someone of that caliber and given him the money to spend instead they decided to waste it.
We spent shitloads on players like chambers, xhaka and mustafi when Wenger was in charge though (and whilst ignoring gaping holes in the squad). Wenger going wasn't the problem, Wenger started the problem. It was always going to take years rather than a couple of transfer windows to undo the mess he left us with.

I agree those transfers were awful esp Mustafi.The other 2 are kinda average players we can get some return on our money.Buying young players for 20-35mil is kinda okay cause u can get half of the money returned quite easily.Which we don't do as often as we should.

But what about the fact Wenger turned Alexis into a beast of the other's he made players basically even in the last few seasons.His issue was always getting rid of players at the right time and buying new ones more smartly.Besides that he coached them super well.

Alexis was one of the best players in the world when we signed him. Wenger didn't 'make' anyone since Fabregas and Van Persie imo.

Wenger didn't make them 2 either. Fabregas was a top talent from his first games after signing for us, you could see it immediately, all Wenger did was allow him to groww. Same with RVP, when we signed him RVP was rated as one of the best young players in the world.

Both Fabregas and RVP would've become top players anywhere they went, playing under any manager
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Sun May 16, 2021 4:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:It's not only about money.We don't have people that can spend the money wisely .We cannot battle with CIty ,United or Chelsea in the spending spree. What we can do is spend it better we're buying unproven 1 season player Pepe for 72m + under the table only god knows how much with structure for 4-5 seasons to be paid that amount when the guy has had 1 good season and we did basically zero scouting on him.Even kid in high school can just check his stats and reasonably decide hes never worth that money.More than half of his goals we're from the penalty spot which can hardly be counted as the same value goals as open play ones. Besides that his ball control is really poor to average his passing ability is pretty average and the only thing he can do well is shoot.That played is worth around 30-45mil MAX.Yet we overpaid like over twice that just because we hired people that don't have a clue what they're doing and now that's draging us backwards.
Same people sacked Wenger without giving him really a good budget to spend and see what can happen.Same people hired Emery a bottlejob from PSG ,because they sacked Wenger and there weren't any good options available at the time.They just sacked him because that's what they felt was right without thinking of replacement at all.
Hiring a manager without experience in a club that wants instant improvements(Arteta) was on the same boat decision.
Combined we spend so much money in those seasons since Wenger left that we could have hired a manager like Alegri(proven) or someone of that caliber and given him the money to spend instead they decided to waste it.
We spent shitloads on players like chambers, xhaka and mustafi when Wenger was in charge though (and whilst ignoring gaping holes in the squad). Wenger going wasn't the problem, Wenger started the problem. It was always going to take years rather than a couple of transfer windows to undo the mess he left us with.

I agree those transfers were awful esp Mustafi.The other 2 are kinda average players we can get some return on our money.Buying young players for 20-35mil is kinda okay cause u can get half of the money returned quite easily.Which we don't do as often as we should.

But what about the fact Wenger turned Alexis into a beast of the other's he made players basically even in the last few seasons.His issue was always getting rid of players at the right time and buying new ones more smartly.Besides that he coached them super well.

Alexis was one of the best players in the world when we signed him. Wenger didn't 'make' anyone since Fabregas and Van Persie imo.

Wenger didn't make them 2 either. Fabregas was a top talent from his first games after signing for us, you could see it immediately, all Wenger did was allow him to groww. Same with RVP, when we signed him RVP was rated as one of the best young players in the world.

Both Fabregas and RVP would've become top players anywhere they went, playing under any manager

That's the same saying Ronaldo would be top2 player of our generation if he didn't go to Man united and playing under Fergie.It's just guess work.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm

firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Your watching something else mate.He was outcast of Barcelona that couldn't get minutes.Was he good hell yea .But was he world class hell no.He was pretty average.Wenger made him superstar that City and United wanted to sign badly.And we can all see how that turned out after Arsenal.
I see you are one of those that don't respect Wenger and we're Wenger out. But i wan't to ask u one thing. Name me a player that after leaving Wenger's reign was better than the stature and the respect he received when he played for Arsenal.I just one you to name me ONE.

:(

You very well know that we sold those players to build our Stadium.And we couldn't offer them the same money the other clubs did.But can u really say they were better after they left.Winning titles sure ,but where they really better.Apart from Ashley Cole ,but he left for money reasons(Cashley).
So he doesn't count either? [emoji38]

So according to you he was far better after he left us?
So according to you he left us and his career went down hill? After he left he had more success than any left back who played under Wenger since.

He played in the most successful club in the years since.The team that has spent the most money in the time he played under them. Money spend usually corresponds to the achievements a team makes.
So he should have stayed and helped Wenger compete for fourth place?

Ignore me mate. I understand the point you are making and it is a fair one. There is just so much bad work Wenger did towards the end of his tenure that has had to be undone that it frustrates me that people think we'd be better off if he had stayed.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm

firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Your watching something else mate.He was outcast of Barcelona that couldn't get minutes.Was he good hell yea .But was he world class hell no.He was pretty average.Wenger made him superstar that City and United wanted to sign badly.And we can all see how that turned out after Arsenal.
I see you are one of those that don't respect Wenger and we're Wenger out. But i wan't to ask u one thing. Name me a player that after leaving Wenger's reign was better than the stature and the respect he received when he played for Arsenal.I just one you to name me ONE.

Mate you are on drugs ! He was top class when Barca bought him from Udinese ! Yes, he had better numbers at Arsenal but thats not because Wenger made him ! We had his prime years too.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 16, 2021 4:28 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Gnabry

RVP, single-handedly won them the league title ! Rated and respected by Man U fans far more than he is by half the Arsenal fans.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Sun May 16, 2021 4:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Mate you are on drugs ! He was top class when Barca bought him from Udinese ! Yes, he had better numbers at Arsenal but thats not because Wenger made him ! We had his prime years too.

I never said Wenger made him .He allowed him to express himself. He simply knew how to get the best of him. That's what managers are for.You coach younger players to develop and u allow the older players to express themselves the best u can.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby firfi » Sun May 16, 2021 4:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
firfi wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:

Gnabry

RVP, single-handedly won them the league title ! Rated and respected by Man U fans far more than he is by half the Arsenal fans.

RVP was the best striker in the league and probably top3 worldwide when we sold him to United.He was truly a beast. IF it wasn't for the Kronke's and we had abit of budget we could've attacked the title easily with him as a striker.When we got Cech only we could've gotten the PL title as well if we signed a world class striker.We fluked the Suarez thing big time.We easily would've walked the title with him and who knows maybe CL even.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 16, 2021 5:46 pm

firfi wrote:You very well know that we sold those players to build our Stadium.And we couldn't offer them the same money the other clubs did.But can u really say they were better after they left.Winning titles sure ,but where they really better.Apart from Ashley Cole ,but he left for money reasons(Cashley).

Patrick Vieira - £18m, was worth much more, especially when you consider in that same season, we signed Hleb for £13.5m !

Ashley Cole - £6.6m plus Gallas ! That same season, we bought Denilson for £4.5m !

Thierry Henry - £21m !! Was worth much more than that !!!! Consider, we brought in Eduardo the same season for £12.5m !!

Hleb - £15m, that same season we brought in Nasri for a similar amount AND Arshavin for again a similar amount !!

We sold Kolo Toure and Adebayor to Man City for a combined £43m, but we spent £27m that season and the next on 3 CBs alone.

We sold Fabregas for £30m, much less than he was worth, we also sold Nasri and Clichy to Man City for a combined £30m, but we spent £60m that season on Arteta, Oxo, Gervinho, Mertesaker (yet another CB), Santos and the Park (the Korean).

We sold RVP, Song and Vela the next season, for £56m, but we spent £50m the same season on Giroud, Monreal, Cazorla and Podolski.

After that season we bought Ozil, the rest is history, we have been splashing the cash. Your narrative that Wenger had to sell our best players to build our stadium is nonsense. If that was the case he would've sold our best players for top whack and maximised our returns, but he didn't, we sold most of them for stupidly low money. The second reason why what you wrote is nonsense is, Wenger didn't have a choice ! Vieira wanted to leave to win the CL, Henry wanted to leave for the same reason, Fabregas wanted to leave, Nasri wanted to leave. Half the time we sold our best players we spent the same on replacements, so how can it be that we sold players to build the stadium ?!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun May 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Vieira was 13.75m

Henry was 16m
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Mon May 17, 2021 12:22 am

theHotHead wrote:
firfi wrote:You very well know that we sold those players to build our Stadium.And we couldn't offer them the same money the other clubs did.But can u really say they were better after they left.Winning titles sure ,but where they really better.Apart from Ashley Cole ,but he left for money reasons(Cashley).

Patrick Vieira - £18m, was worth much more, especially when you consider in that same season, we signed Hleb for £13.5m !

Ashley Cole - £6.6m plus Gallas ! That same season, we bought Denilson for £4.5m !

Thierry Henry - £21m !! Was worth much more than that !!!! Consider, we brought in Eduardo the same season for £12.5m !!

Hleb - £15m, that same season we brought in Nasri for a similar amount AND Arshavin for again a similar amount !!

We sold Kolo Toure and Adebayor to Man City for a combined £43m, but we spent £27m that season and the next on 3 CBs alone.

We sold Fabregas for £30m, much less than he was worth, we also sold Nasri and Clichy to Man City for a combined £30m, but we spent £60m that season on Arteta, Oxo, Gervinho, Mertesaker (yet another CB), Santos and the Park (the Korean).

We sold RVP, Song and Vela the next season, for £56m, but we spent £50m the same season on Giroud, Monreal, Cazorla and Podolski.

After that season we bought Ozil, the rest is history, we have been splashing the cash. Your narrative that Wenger had to sell our best players to build our stadium is nonsense. If that was the case he would've sold our best players for top whack and maximised our returns, but he didn't, we sold most of them for stupidly low money. The second reason why what you wrote is nonsense is, Wenger didn't have a choice ! Vieira wanted to leave to win the CL, Henry wanted to leave for the same reason, Fabregas wanted to leave, Nasri wanted to leave. Half the time we sold our best players we spent the same on replacements, so how can it be that we sold players to build the stadium ?!!!

HH,
There are a number of factors you are not including.

For instance, Henry signed a new contract on an absurdly high loyalty bonus. His legs were starting to go at that stage. He was out almost half of that final year. He had also become a bully on the training ground and was hampering the development of younger players. In fact, he and Cesc even had a falling out at that time. Selling him was smart decision. He gave Barca one good season after disappearing to the MLS.

It was the same with Vieira. He was on his last legs by the time we sold him. In fact when he came back with Juve he got absolutely schooled by Cesc. He won a few more trophies in Italy, but that’s Italy, before semi retirement at city.

We were building a great squad back then and these guys would have hampered it. Shame it didn’t work as planned. But RvP, Ade, Eduardo, Hleb, Reyes, Cesc, Diaby, Rosicky had the makings of a superb follow up act to the Invincibles.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Mon May 17, 2021 12:24 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Seeing Leicester’s players celebrating with their owner was lovely. There’s a genuineness there that we will never have with the Kroenkes.

i don't remember us celebrating with Hill-Wood et al, I remember Wenger, I don't remember seeing Fizsmann and the rest of them celebrating with the players.

David Dein
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby firfi » Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 am

theHotHead wrote:

I never said Wenger was any good on the transfer market.After David Dein left the club we became shambles.The contracts we're running down and we had to sell to retain some value from the players. RVP was that example that was allowed to run his contract down to 1 year and instead of spending big to keep him kroenke's decided it was better to offload him for 20mil.
But then again All those players wanted to leave so the fee's were low and u know how it works.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 17, 2021 5:02 am

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

HH,
There are a number of factors you are not including.

For instance, Henry signed a new contract on an absurdly high loyalty bonus. His legs were starting to go at that stage. He was out almost half of that final year. He had also become a bully on the training ground and was hampering the development of younger players. In fact, he and Cesc even had a falling out at that time. Selling him was smart decision. He gave Barca one good season after disappearing to the MLS.

It was the same with Vieira. He was on his last legs by the time we sold him. In fact when he came back with Juve he got absolutely schooled by Cesc. He won a few more trophies in Italy, but that’s Italy, before semi retirement at city.

We were building a great squad back then and these guys would have hampered it. Shame it didn’t work as planned. But RvP, Ade, Eduardo, Hleb, Reyes, Cesc, Diaby, Rosicky had the makings of a superb follow up act to the Invincibles.
Henry on his last legs when he left? He came back five years later and still did the business! Similar with Sol Campbell who came back four years after being released.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 am

ive been saying kroenke out for last 10 plus years on this forum finally fans are realizing we need to protest every game till kroenke is gone
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk