The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:01 am

VCC wrote:My problem with Kronke is he is a very poor business man and a that overflows to being a shit owner ( in football terms).
Football business success comes on the back of success.

If you put a invincibles shirt and last seasons shirt on Ebay,what one is going to sell for the higher price.

Very poor businessman? He married into money and amassed a 10 billion fortune ... if only we could all be very poor businessmen.

If you give your kids money, pay for the best teachers and life coaches, yet they still waste it on cheap chinese junk and sticky sweets are you a bad parent?

Silly analogy but you get the point, we are now Europe's biggest spenders this summer on the back of 85m last year and 160m the year before - blaming our Kroenke owners for being cheapskates is no longer true - the fact is ever since they kicked out Usmanov we have been one of the best funded clubs in the Europe ... we've just pissed a lot of that money away.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 am

Have people got me on ignore or something? [emoji38]
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:22 am

Who the hell is that guy pg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:11 am

EliteKiller wrote:
VCC wrote:My problem with Kronke is he is a very poor business man and a that overflows to being a shit owner ( in football terms).

If you put a invincibles shirt and last seasons shirt on Ebay,what one is going to sell for the higher price.

Very poor businessman? He married into money and amassed a 10 billion fortune ... if only we could all be very poor businessmen.

If you give your kids money, pay for the best teachers and life coaches, yet they still waste it on cheap chinese junk and sticky sweets are you a bad parent?

Silly analogy but you get the point, we are now Europe's biggest spenders this summer on the back of 85m last year and 160m the year before - blaming our Kroenke owners for being cheapskates is no longer true - the fact is ever since they kicked out Usmanov we have been one of the best funded clubs in the Europe ... we've just pissed a lot of that money away.

That mabe the case but he is fecking useless regarding footballing matters, FFS he sanctioned bringing in a manager who had never managed in his life to run our club.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:13 am

Dejan wrote:Who the hell is that guy pg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
No idea [emoji38]
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:02 am

EliteKiller wrote:

He and his family are not football people though. My understanding was we are spending generated revenue, not his money. Abramovic and the Man City crew are/have invested millions of there wealth because they want the prestige of owning brilliant football clubs.
Daniel Ek might be better for us in that he is european and loves football. He may not quite be rich enough for what we need though!
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:55 am

Google translate:

I received a lot of questions about Arsenal yesterday, and some were upset with me because I did not answer it, the truth is I do not have any definite information, but it is said that there is qatari interest in buying the club during this year but the process will not be easy. This is God knows.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 am

Hypergooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

He and his family are not football people though. My understanding was we are spending generated revenue, not his money. Abramovic and the Man City crew are/have invested millions of there wealth because they want the prestige of owning brilliant football clubs.
Daniel Ek might be better for us in that he is european and loves football. He may not quite be rich enough for what we need though!

What do you mean we are not pending his money ? Whose one is it then ? Kroenke allows Arsenal Football Club to have a very healthy transfer budget, he doesn't have to let us spend what we spend. All of the profit Arsenal FC make belong to him, he can piss it up on brasses and coke if he wanted to, Arsenal FC couldn't say a thing.

Why should he have to spend a penny of other money he generated elsewhere ? Do you think he went into business to have to dip into his own pockets to pay for ... the businesses he knows that are supposed to be making money, or do you think non-charitable businesses are actually charities?? Those fucktards at Chelsea and Man City HAD to spend fortunes because they were nowhere and had very little history, Arsenal are not in the same situation.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Moondoggie wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Arsenal have taken a loan this summer to spend big. The intention, hopefully, is to get back into the top-4. My fear is if we end up wasting that money on the likes of Abraham, Ramsdale, and Maddison, we will fall into a bigger hole. My initial fear, which I have mentioned explicitly, was becoming Everton-under-Moyes. That seems to be the trajectory.

I agree with you that it's not Kroenke's fault at this moment. It's down to Edu and Arteta. Yet, it will be Arsenal that suffers if these two continue to squander money. Even if they sack these two, the next manager and DoF might not have the luxury of resources that Arsenal directors and managers have had since Wenger departed.

Kroenkes need to recruit a leader, a top-rated DoF. Look at Spurs this summer. They hired Fabio Paratici, an ex-Juve technical director. Paratici has his issues but he's not a slouch like Edu. Levy sacked their most successful modern-day manager and hired Mourinho. It was a stupid move. But it denoted ambition. When it didn't work out with Mourinho, they sacked him, and recognizing the need of the hour, they hired a highly experienced football director.

This "process" bs has gotten way out of hand. It's not about simply finding excuses anymore. It's as if we've reverted to pre-Wenger premier league, where English talents moved across English clubs. Has that data analytics company—StatDNA—died or something? Is Edu's arsenal filled with over-priced Englishmen?

What's going on?

I agree with much of what you say, but ultimately it is Kroenke's fault because he's the one who does the hiring. I'm not talking about Arteta here. I was against hiring a first-time manager with relatively little coaching experience in the first place, but once he was hired we all knew (or should have known) that it was going to take 3 or 4 years to shift the talent and allow Arteta to grow into the job (after the way the team played in the 2nd half last season after the emergence of ESR, Odegaard and Saka, the toxicity that emerged surrounding defeats in which 5 or 6 first team regulars were unavailable through injury, COVID or Brexit red tape is astoundingly stupid -- the most vocal segments of the Arsenal fan base are often the club's worst enemy). But Kroenke is the one who hired Gazidis, Raul, Sven and now Edu to run the club into the ground (I love Edu, one of our Invincibles, with all my heart, but I don't think this is the right job for him). A string of poor transfer and contract decisions has made it virtually impossible to "shift the deadwood" that resulted from some of those decisions.

For years I heard fans screaming "spend some money!" But it's never really been about that. Even before this summer, Arsenal had spent more (in terms of net spend) over the previous 5 or 6 years than any but the Manchester Clubs for whom money is not an issue. More than Chelsea or Liverpool, by a fair bit. The problem is that it was spent foolishly. Arsenal needs to be run more like Liverpool instead of The Three Stooges.

Good post, spot on.
Nuggets

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Moondoggie wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Arsenal have taken a loan this summer to spend big. The intention, hopefully, is to get back into the top-4. My fear is if we end up wasting that money on the likes of Abraham, Ramsdale, and Maddison, we will fall into a bigger hole. My initial fear, which I have mentioned explicitly, was becoming Everton-under-Moyes. That seems to be the trajectory.

I agree with you that it's not Kroenke's fault at this moment. It's down to Edu and Arteta. Yet, it will be Arsenal that suffers if these two continue to squander money. Even if they sack these two, the next manager and DoF might not have the luxury of resources that Arsenal directors and managers have had since Wenger departed.

Kroenkes need to recruit a leader, a top-rated DoF. Look at Spurs this summer. They hired Fabio Paratici, an ex-Juve technical director. Paratici has his issues but he's not a slouch like Edu. Levy sacked their most successful modern-day manager and hired Mourinho. It was a stupid move. But it denoted ambition. When it didn't work out with Mourinho, they sacked him, and recognizing the need of the hour, they hired a highly experienced football director.

This "process" bs has gotten way out of hand. It's not about simply finding excuses anymore. It's as if we've reverted to pre-Wenger premier league, where English talents moved across English clubs. Has that data analytics company—StatDNA—died or something? Is Edu's arsenal filled with over-priced Englishmen?

What's going on?

I agree with much of what you say, but ultimately it is Kroenke's fault because he's the one who does the hiring. I'm not talking about Arteta here. I was against hiring a first-time manager with relatively little coaching experience in the first place, but once he was hired we all knew (or should have known) that it was going to take 3 or 4 years to shift the talent and allow Arteta to grow into the job (after the way the team played in the 2nd half last season after the emergence of ESR, Odegaard and Saka, the toxicity that emerged surrounding defeats in which 5 or 6 first team regulars were unavailable through injury, COVID or Brexit red tape is astoundingly stupid -- the most vocal segments of the Arsenal fan base are often the club's worst enemy). But Kroenke is the one who hired Gazidis, Raul, Sven and now Edu to run the club into the ground (I love Edu, one of our Invincibles, with all my heart, but I don't think this is the right job for him). A string of poor transfer and contract decisions has made it virtually impossible to "shift the deadwood" that resulted from some of those decisions.

For years I heard fans screaming "spend some money!" But it's never really been about that. Even before this summer, Arsenal had spent more (in terms of net spend) over the previous 5 or 6 years than any but the Manchester Clubs for whom money is not an issue. More than Chelsea or Liverpool, by a fair bit. The problem is that it was spent foolishly. Arsenal needs to be run more like Liverpool instead of The Three Stooges.

What Brexit red tape?! Getting a work permit isn't difficult, the process is well known to football clubs, the delay is down to a failure to prepare, simple as that.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:41 am

Hypergooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I mean it's not his money in the fact the club had a health bank balance when he became majority shareholder. He hasn't come in and thought, Arsenal aren't at the level of City, Chelsea, Bayern etc. Then sponsored us with Kroenke holdings with enough money to buy a CL winning squad like other billionaires have done.
In my view it likely because he likes owning sports businesses for the prestige. Not because he loves football and wants to be a crowd hero
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:49 pm

According to The Athletic, Kroenke is fully committed to helping turn things around and that has been evident with the money he has given Arteta.

And it seems as though Arteta will also be fully supported in the immediate future despite a worrying start to the campaign.

The report claims that the Arsenal owners still see Arteta as a 'good fit' for their long-term ambition. :( :angry:
Nuggets

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Kroenke and Arteta need to go
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:55 pm

Nuggets wrote:According to The Athletic, Kroenke is fully committed to helping turn things around and that has been evident with the money he has given Arteta.

And it seems as though Arteta will also be fully supported in the immediate future despite a worrying start to the campaign.

The report claims that the Arsenal owners still see Arteta as a 'good fit' for their long-term ambition. :( :angry:

I think he stays if he gets 4 points out of the next 5 games. :hiding:

2 points from the next 5 games and they might consider dropping the axe.

:think:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk