The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:49 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:They're suffering from crack inhalation. 5 years of stability ffs. Only thing that's been stable is our decline.

Living in the past yet again? ... you are one sad cookie ... get out of your basement and look to the future your life will be so much better.

Steady progress in the next 5 years? Koscielny will be 38 by then and mustafi 34. Monreal will be getting into position by final whistle.

Iwobi should defo prove himself to be the talented 28 year old youngster he really is.

Ozil tbf, will be minister of interior by then so maybe he can free up the coffers to get turkey to buy xhaka off us.

and this is going way beyond delusional one might think it's almost a cry for help ............. forget the past you will never change it no matter how you try, learn from it and be positive going forward ... try a couple of positive posts just to see how that feels, who knows you might even enjoy it.

Mate, I cant really enjoy kronkes financial performance when the byproduct is the decline of arsenal. We are just built differently.

Do you kiss his photo next to your bedside every night or simply just gaze at it before going to sleep?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:56 am

weaponx57 wrote:Everyone is talking about money and stuff but the fact is he’s a bad person nothing more nothing less. I mean person who likes putting up tv shows about hunting animals with all its blood and gore is a f***er.

He has questionable ethics and morals if he could move Arsenal to the USA you can bet your ass he would do it in a heartbeat

Another reason I hate the prick!!!

But I still cannot say hand on heart that he has been a problem at/for Arsenal.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:02 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
Zedie wrote:Believe what you want.

Kronke has no control over his own money.
Kronke doesnt set the budget season to season.
Kronke doesnt set the parameters for raul and vinai to work within as their boss.
Kronke doesnt have a say in whether to put in additional funds.
Kronke doesnt have an influence at all in our financial capacity in the market.

I hear your story and its bollocks, but choose to believe it if you want.

Deepest part is kronke actually didnt even fire gazidis for creating this mess, gazidis actually realised what hed done and walked off with a 2.7m bonus for doing it looool.

This is you lots savvy businessman.

It's pointless boss. Just leave them to it. When Jayram told me SK was an aggresive investor, I just decided to not respond any longer.

When they're all crying in 5 years and S&W is back with his umpteenth name because he can't bear the embarrassment, maybe they can look back on this thread. But then again, we might be wrong. Arsenal might end up with the next Messi who they bought for a fiver off leyton orient, the current coach might have trained 70 year old monreal to run and 60 year old Mustafi how to defend, money might actually mean nothing in football and SK might have put his vast business acumen to some use regarding Arsenal.

Lol. Zedie and Luzh butthurt that their weak arse arguments have been torn to shreds and the facts and data based on what has ACTUALLY happened carry far more weight and substance than their fantasy world analysis and hypothetical proposals.

Fact - Kroenke has allowed Arsenal football club to spend shit loads on players and we have mismanaged the coaching and development of players, spunked that money up the wall and allowed far too many players to leave for a pittance.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 am

Power n Glory wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

People underestimate the amount of foreign investors in football. City and Chelsea are the success stories but plenty get it wrong. Plenty have came and went.

But but but if Kroenke had invested more he would've made more money, according to the Oracle and top financial advisor to the billionaires - Zedie.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:10 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zedie wrote:They're suffering from crack inhalation. 5 years of stability ffs. Only thing that's been stable is our decline.

I'd say a few years of steady progress is exactly what is needed.
EK was talking about the next 5 years so I m not sure why you are referencing the past.
Try and at least comprehend things before jumping in with nonsense.

Damn straight. The first thing we should do to stabalise is offload 15-20 of the first team squad this summer.

Half of that number would be a great start, if we want to challenge for the top titles.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 am

theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Zedie wrote:Believe what you want.

Kronke has no control over his own money.
Kronke doesnt set the budget season to season.
Kronke doesnt set the parameters for raul and vinai to work within as their boss.
Kronke doesnt have a say in whether to put in additional funds.
Kronke doesnt have an influence at all in our financial capacity in the market.

I hear your story and its bollocks, but choose to believe it if you want.

Deepest part is kronke actually didnt even fire gazidis for creating this mess, gazidis actually realised what hed done and walked off with a 2.7m bonus for doing it looool.

This is you lots savvy businessman.

It's pointless boss. Just leave them to it. When Jayram told me SK was an aggresive investor, I just decided to not respond any longer.

When they're all crying in 5 years and S&W is back with his umpteenth name because he can't bear the embarrassment, maybe they can look back on this thread. But then again, we might be wrong. Arsenal might end up with the next Messi who they bought for a fiver off leyton orient, the current coach might have trained 70 year old monreal to run and 60 year old Mustafi how to defend, money might actually mean nothing in football and SK might have put his vast business acumen to some use regarding Arsenal.

Lol. Zedie and Luzh butthurt that their weak arse arguments have been torn to shreds and the facts and data based on what has ACTUALLY happened carry far more weight and substance than their fantasy world analysis and hypothetical proposals.

Fact - Kroenke has allowed Arsenal football club to spend shit loads on players and we have mismanaged the coaching and development of players, spunked that money up the wall and allowed far too many players to leave for a pittance.

Everyone spends shit loads you f***ing imbecile, it's a football club.

Kronke has simply allowed the club to spend what it's made, minus the 250m sat in the bank in self generated funds because he needs to show he has that there as collateral for other ventures.

You ignore the actual detailed articles of UEFA which clearly state he can invest 30m a year if balanced properly

You ignore the cluster f**k that's happened under his watch so far

You ignore that he has always been able to invest with his fellow shareholders

You ignore ignore the state of the squad

You ignore that all the fuckery within the club has happened under his watch and hes literally done nothing about it at any time

The only thing you haven't ignored is the opportunity to make a complete c*** out of yourself at every single turn.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:19 am

Zedie you say there has been 5 years of decline with Kroenke, depends how you look at it.

Our trophy drought ended - that was a massive monkey off of our back. We have seen record investment im the squad in the past few years. Yes we have steadily slipped backwards in the quality of our football in the past 5 seasons and we have not qualified for the CL in the last 2 seasons.

We threw it away in Wenger's last season, against 10 man Athletico we should have won. We threw it away this season with our end of season meltdown. Both failures directly attributable to the managers for making poor decisions.
Last edited by theHotHead on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am

Zedie wrote:

Kronke has simply allowed the club to spend what it's made, minus the 250m sat in the bank in self generated funds because he needs to show he has that there as collateral for other ventures.

You ignore the actual detailed articles of UEFA which clearly state he can invest 30m a year if balanced properly

You ignore that all the fuckery within the club has happened under his watch and hes literally done nothing about it at any time

The only thing you haven't ignored is the opportunity to make a complete c*** out of yourself at every single turn.

Like I explained to you in my last lengthy post that compared Arsenal and Liverpool's financials, WHERE IS THAT 30m A YEAR GOING TO COME FROM ? We already have benefit from sponsorship deals. We already try to buy and sell players even if we sell or loan players to lower the wage bill those players have to be replaced, so the net gain will be minimal - unless we spend £50k per week on their wages.

What clusterfuck ? Yes, he should've sacked Wenger earlier but he didn't. In any case we ended an 11 or 12 year trophy drought so it has not all been bad. We should've won 1 Europa League title, had Wenger not been a tactical dufus. And CL qualification for the past 2 years were failures of both managers. Kroenke is not responsible for spending £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi, he was not responsible for swapping Alexis for Mkhi, he was not responsible for buying Lichsteiner and he was not responsible for us losing money hand over fist in transfers.

I have no problem with Arsenal opting for a self sustaining model, its one of the reasons I have been so proud of the Arsenal way. I did not want Usmanov to come in and do an Abramovich, but I did want Usmanov to take ownership because I knew he would demand the best, the safe zone Wenger created would not have been tolerated under Usmanov.

The squad is better than it is showing, I have argued this point over and over, so NO, I do not agree with you that the squad is shit or poor. I think we have a number of players that have no place playing for Arsenal, but the current squad are capable of better than what we are seeing.

We don't see eye to eye on this and we never will. I don't think going out on a massive spending spree is value for money when we have other issues that need to be addressed. We have seen at other clubs that spending money is no panacea to erode the problems - especially when the prices being spoken about for average players is ludicrous. I prefer Arsenal to take the smart approach and not just throw money at it, I think that approach will fail. Lets get the basics right THEN SEE where we are. If we need investment lets invest.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am

Alright then HotHead and EK, do you think that a transfer budget of £45m is adequate for a team supposedly looking for CL qualification, given that three first team players have just left and seemingly a fourth is wanting out too?

Do you think that such a small transfer budget is telling, given that this is the first full season Kroenke is going to have full ownership of the club, and maybe it's a sign of things to come, given that he has allowed the club to spend far more in the past, when it was in a worse financial state that it's now in?

No point asking Jayram, because... well it's Jayram.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:09 am

theHotHead wrote:Zedie you say there has been 5 years of decline with Kroenke, depends how you look at it.

Our trophy drought ended - that was a massive monkey off of our back. We have seen record investment im the squad in the past few years. Yes we have steadily slipped backwards in the quality of our football in the past 5 seasons and we have not qualified for the CL in the last 2 seasons.

We threw it away in Wenger's last season, against 10 man Athletico we should have won. We threw it away this season with our end of season meltdown. Both failures directly attributable to the managers for making poor decisions.

So from your perspective we've not been in decline. Its pretty evident from your postings tbh.

If you own something and let your workers run that business into the ground, it's your own fault when it eventually fails to achieve its function.

If you believe that kronkes intention for us is simply to increase his financial profile and support that, you are part of the problem.

Record investment is due to increased income for all, increased commercial deals for all. The problem is and has always been that we rely solely on self sustained funds while everyone else doesnt so we cant afford to make mistakes.

We've made big mistakes and now we still refuse to adopt the model that every other club is using within the limits.

You can spin things however you want but you know it's true and you show it because you're in other threads looking at this car crash with the rest of us.

Only difference between us and you guys is you're perfectly comfortable hoping that this limited budget is going to be used to find gem after gem after gem for sell on profit to reinvest, when in fact our current position will only make us weaker in the long term and more susceptible to having the players we do want to keep poached.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:18 am

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Like I explained to you in my last lengthy post that compared Arsenal and Liverpool's financials, WHERE IS THAT 30m A YEAR GOING TO COME FROM ? We already have benefit from sponsorship deals. We already try to buy and sell players even if we sell or loan players to lower the wage bill those players have to be replaced, so the net gain will be minimal - unless we spend £50k per week on their wages.

What clusterfuck ? Yes, he should've sacked Wenger earlier but he didn't. In any case we ended an 11 or 12 year trophy drought so it has not all been bad. We should've won 1 Europa League title, had Wenger not been a tactical dufus. And CL qualification for the past 2 years were failures of both managers. Kroenke is not responsible for spending £70m on Xhaka and Mustafi, he was not responsible for swapping Alexis for Mkhi, he was not responsible for buying Lichsteiner and he was not responsible for us losing money hand over fist in transfers.

I have no problem with Arsenal opting for a self sustaining model, its one of the reasons I have been so proud of the Arsenal way. I did not want Usmanov to come in and do an Abramovich, but I did want Usmanov to take ownership because I knew he would demand the best, the safe zone Wenger created would not have been tolerated under Usmanov.

The squad is better than it is showing, I have argued this point over and over, so NO, I do not agree with you that the squad is shit or poor. I think we have a number of players that have no place playing for Arsenal, but the current squad are capable of better than what we are seeing.

We don't see eye to eye on this and we never will. I don't think going out on a massive spending spree is value for money when we have other issues that need to be addressed. We have seen at other clubs that spending money is no panacea to erode the problems - especially when the prices being spoken about for average players is ludicrous. I prefer Arsenal to take the smart approach and not just throw money at it, I think that approach will fail. Lets get the basics right THEN SEE where we are. If we need investment lets invest.

THE 30M A YEAR INCOME IS COMING FROM WHERE EVERY OTHER f***ing CLUB GETS IT FROM OR ARE YOU DENYING THAT EVERY OTHER OWNER PUTS MONEY IN TO SOME DEGREE?

kronke is responsible for letting all of these things happen under his command, no amount of spinning can help you.

No one is talking about a massive spending spree and never was, it's the straw man you lot keep holding onto. Is 30m massive to you?

Do you think part of that could have helped saliba to get over the line or not?

Tierney over the line or not?

Etc.

You're telling me our 3rd year in EL isnt a problem or a cluster f**k?

Lacazette telling fans to forget major trophies?

10 year club captain trying to leave due to lack of ambition?

Having to promote kids to play against men?

A squad that no top manager would want to manage without significant funds? Ie emery alternatives being a guy who has never managed a club in his life and Eddie f***ing Howe.

I dont know how you've managed to convince yourself that everything is fine and that kronke has no part in it all, but its genuinely amazing to watch you defend a man who is the only majority shareholder to refuse to put in private funds while every other c*** has been doing so around us. After which, we have to deal with the consequences of that.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 am

Luzh 22 wrote:Alright then HotHead and EK, do you think that a transfer budget of £45m is adequate for a team supposedly looking for CL qualification, given that three first team players have just left and seemingly a fourth is wanting out too?

Do you think that such a small transfer budget is telling, given that this is the first full season Kroenke is going to have full ownership of the club, and maybe it's a sign of things to come, given that he has allowed the club to spend far more in the past, when it was in a worse financial state that it's now in?

No point asking Jayram, because... well it's Jayram.

Because facts matter....and you struggle when I bring those to you and shred your arguments.
£45m net budget for transfers is high - fact.
Kroenke continues to invest huge amounts of his money into players.
Over the last 5 years he's invested nearly 10 times the amount Spurs have.
He's invested nearly £100m more than Liverpool
He's invested the same as Juventus
He's invested more than Chelsea
He's invested only slightly less than Barcelona and AC Milan

yeah, that's right - over the last 5 years we've invested MORE than 3 of the top 4 from last season.

Facts destroy your argument, so I can see why you are running.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:27 am

Zedie wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Living in the past yet again? ... you are one sad cookie ... get out of your basement and look to the future your life will be so much better.

Steady progress in the next 5 years? Koscielny will be 38 by then and mustafi 34. Monreal will be getting into position by final whistle.

Iwobi should defo prove himself to be the talented 28 year old youngster he really is.

Ozil tbf, will be minister of interior by then so maybe he can free up the coffers to get turkey to buy xhaka off us.

and this is going way beyond delusional one might think it's almost a cry for help ............. forget the past you will never change it no matter how you try, learn from it and be positive going forward ... try a couple of positive posts just to see how that feels, who knows you might even enjoy it.

Mate, I cant really enjoy kronkes financial performance when the byproduct is the decline of arsenal. We are just built differently.

Do you kiss his photo next to your bedside every night or simply just gaze at it before going to sleep?

In bold - makes it perfectly clear your arguments have been utterly shredded.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:30 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Zedie wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Not really, this post and your assertion that 45m is enough to do competent business in this window is enough to show you're a troll and always will be.

I just dont see what you get out of it tbh.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:43 am

Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zedie wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Not really, this post and your assertion that 45m is enough to do competent business in this window is enough to show you're a troll and always will be.

I just dont see what you get out of it tbh.

You've got nothing left but fantasy and sarcasm. You lost.
A net spend of £45m in a season is a run rate of £225m over 5 seasons, a high number. That's more than Liverpool have invested over the last 5 years, much more than Spurs, more than Inter over the last 5 years, same as Chelsea, more than Bayern Munich.

Last 5 years - top 20 clubs in the world investment in players:
1 Manchester City -627,32 Mill. €
2 Manchester United -542,92 Mill. €
3 Paris Saint-Germain -457,80 Mill. €
4 AC Milan -336,75 Mill. €
5 FC Barcelona -325,62 Mill. €
6 Juventus FC -286,53 Mill. €
7 Arsenal FC -286,27 Mill. €
8 Everton FC -249,23 Mill. €
9 Chelsea FC -227,41 Mill. €
10 Liverpool FC -202,01 Mill. €
11 Atlético Madrid -186,36 Mill. €
12 Inter Milan -185,02 Mill. €
13 West Ham United -181,25 Mill. €
14 AFC Bournemouth -173,98 Mill. €
15 Hebei China Fortune -169,06 Mill. €
16 Crystal Palace -160,33 Mill. €
17 Shanghai SIPG -158,59 Mill. €
18 RB Leipzig -157,74 Mill. €
19 Brighton & Hove Albion -154,75 Mill. €
20 Leicester City -147,61 Mill. €

You'll have to explain to us all how £45m (50m Euros) in one year is not a high number.

The issue is actually that we can't increase the budget by selling players, because we've bought shit players in the past that noone wants to pay decent money for. Step forward Mr Wenger. Your solution is to break the bank to solve 10 years of Wengers mess in one go. Dumb, and not going to happen no matter how much you cry about it.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk