The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby yadunoe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm

aniym wrote:^^ Unlike Chelsea or City, Kroenke wasn't trying to whitewash his ill-gotten wealth.

He's a businessman, and is trying to maximize profits with minimal investment. It used to work when the TV deals, CL football and sold out matchday seats were happening. He gave Wenger and Gazidis a ton of leeway in 2017, spending £100m on Laca+Auba and handing Ozil £17m/yr and Mhikutaryan £10m/yr.

With match day fees down 30% in a single year, some big changes might be coming down the pipeline.

Bro kroenke is a American *** who ownes a massive ranch and promotes a hunting channel lets not pretend he is mother Teresa If MBS or some other rich arab crook buys arsenal and gives us mbappe koulibaly and pjanic then who am i to complain and most fans wouldnt give two shits
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby yadunoe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:23 pm

At the end of the day the owner hired the board and makes sure his investment is doing well if his employees aren't performing that falls on him. Tbh i would have Wenger td if MBS or usmanov or dongate was the owner
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rerktyne » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:59 pm

To get Kroenke out you just carry on like this and wait for relegation!
No more backers, low gate receipts with still massive wage bill, share price down, share price down again, and again........
£2bn falls to less than £1bn.
He then either sells up or uses it as a car boot emporium!
Really!!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Blame the fans!! Always!!

Postby Rerktyne » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:06 pm

It is completely their fault! They have ALL the power: not Kroenke! If they stay away there is no Arsenal!
But do they? No: they keep on paying the highest prices as lower standards prevail: cheapo players (with the occasional top player) and general low quality all round.
They are sheep. Baaaarsenal!
Just like the ignorant people who blindly supported their kings and leaders who in turn shat all over them. Until they shat back! At Arsenal the fans still pay for shit! Eat it!
So when the club sinks blame them!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Re: Blame the fans!! Always!!

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm picturing Frank Doberman.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: KROENKE OUT!

Postby Rerktyne » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:25 am

Arsene Nose wrote:For over a hundred years we've been owned by rich families. Right from Henry Norris and the Hill-Woods through Kroenke. This isn't going to change. The fans have no impact on who owns the club and never have. So this Kroenke Out business is moot.

Oh yes they have! They can stay away! Boycott! Hit the share price! Easy!

But the fans are just sheep! Baaaarsenal FC!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:54 am

As much as I don't like Stan, the Kroenkes aren't the main problem.

We've spent close to £450 million on players the past four years.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:36 am

The Arsenal market is getting smaller by the second
Team cant play football
Owner promotes game hunting
Our formless highest paid liability pisses off one of our biggest markets
Some business deal lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Blame the fans!! Always!!

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:37 am

Rerktyne wrote:It is completely their fault! They have ALL the power: not Kroenke! If they stay away there is no Arsenal!
But do they? No: they keep on paying the highest prices as lower standards prevail: cheapo players (with the occasional top player) and general low quality all round.
They are sheep. Baaaarsenal!
Just like the ignorant people who blindly supported their kings and leaders who in turn shat all over them. Until they shat back! At Arsenal the fans still pay for shit! Eat it!

Yup, I agree with this. The fans wield far greater power than we realise. I gave my season ticket up in 2011/2012 I think it was, in protest at how shite we were and ticket prices. But then some other sucker pick up the season ticket. This is the first time we have seen fans boycott matches on a large scale, but it needs to be far more numbers. Even a half full stadium would would have the desired affect, the conversation moves from the football to the why are there so many empty seats.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:45 am

LMAO wrote:As much as I don't like Stan, the Kroenkes aren't the main problem.

And this absolute gem is all you need t know. The Kroenke's have bankrolled the club, we have just had idiots buying the players and idiots that cannot coach the players.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am

theHotHead wrote:

And this absolute gem is all you need t know. The Kroenke's have bankrolled the club, we have just had idiots buying the players and idiots that cannot coach the players.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:30 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozania ... 6f9ed77bdb

Don't worry, lads. Stanley's got this.

Double swoop of Mbappe and Dybala incoming this summer.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rerktyne » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Fully agree: buying rejects except for Sanchez, Laxative and Auba'. The rest have been garbage,
Meanwhile good, solid defenders were easy to get: Cahill for example!
But not Arsenal: always the "exotic" ones: usually trash!
Mustafi, Chambers, Luiz!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Postby yadunoe » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:14 am

What have city Chelsea and others spent . Fact is time and time again we cheaped out and early Emirates era we sold so many players to pay bills kroenke should pay that
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby yadunoe » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:18 am

My main argument that none of you can deny is usmanav or MBS some rich oligarch owned our team we would of won more trophies if the QSI owned us instead of PSG your telling me we wouldnt be the top 3 clubs in the world we are in london great stadium most fans of all london teams we have a lot of potential if someone bites the bullet and spends on quality . I do agree the administration has been shit but kroenke hires those ppl. Whoever bought pepe instead of koulibaly should get fired
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk