The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
Angelito wrote:Nearly 2 billion spent between City and PSG and one UCL SF to show for. :lol:

Squad value is not squad cost. Please show me where City's 25 man squad had 2 billion spent on them.

United's squad was bought for more, so was Liverpool's

He said between City and PSG, not just City.

Which is again ,adding values of both. PSG may have spent that much, City have not. I don't remember them spending more than 70 million

Well that's what his point was so...…………………………………………. :dizzy:

I was wrong on the 2 billion. But 1 billion is also not the correct value of the squad price of City's players.

So the BBC is wrong, and whatever values you have come up with are correct then?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:50 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
Angelito wrote:Nearly 2 billion spent between City and PSG and one UCL SF to show for. :lol:

Squad value is not squad cost. Please show me where City's 25 man squad had 2 billion spent on them.

Which is again ,adding values of both. PSG may have spent that much, City have not. I don't remember them spending more than 70 million

I was wrong on the 2 billion. But 1 billion is also not the correct value of the squad price of City's players.

So the BBC is wrong, and whatever values you have come up with are correct then?

Squad value is not squad cost. Aguero is probably worth 4-5 times more than when they bought him, same for Bernardo Silva.
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LMAO » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Emeryates wrote:

"since the Abu Dhabi group takeover in 2008"

Although, think the BBC got it wrong. Should be spent on players in total and not current players like what was written.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:52 pm

1 billion in 11 years is not that large a value. It's around 90 million per window
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Squad value is not squad cost. Aguero is probably worth 4-5 times more than when they bought him, same for Bernardo Silva.

Yes, we covered that part already, you mentioned it in your first post. I was just correcting you on Ang's point. He didn't say City spent 2 billion, like you asked. He said between them, and although the article is about value and Ang said "spent", all he really was saying was that between the two clubs who's value is close to 2 billion they only have 1 CL to show for. So doesn't really matter if they spent that much or that is just the value, still a lot of money and arguably not equal trophies to show for.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:56 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Yes, we covered that part already, you mentioned it in your first post. I was just correcting you on Ang's point. He didn't say City spent 2 billion, like you asked. He said between them, and although the article is about value and Ang said "spent", all he really was saying was that between the two clubs who's value is close to 2 billion they only have 1 CL to show for. So doesn't really matter if they spend that much or that is just the value, still a lot of money and arguably not equal trophies to show for.

I only wanted to correct the record that spend is not value. PSG have probably spent more than City, Mbappe and Neymar together are probably 400 million already, even if their values have probably declined from then.

And yes, I apologise, I got that part wrong :)
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Emeryates wrote:

Yes, we covered that part already, you mentioned it in your first post. I was just correcting you on Ang's point. He didn't say City spent 2 billion, like you asked. He said between them, and although the article is about value and Ang said "spent", all he really was saying was that between the two clubs who's value is close to 2 billion they only have 1 CL to show for. So doesn't really matter if they spend that much or that is just the value, still a lot of money and arguably not equal trophies to show for.

I only wanted to correct the record that spend is not value. PSG have probably spent more than City, Mbappe and Neymar together are probably 400 million already, even if their values have probably declined from then.

And yes, I apologise, I got that part wrong :)

Yea I can see how it can be easily confused. I probably immediately thought "spent" as well.

I wonder how they came up with what they think each player is worth? :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:00 pm

StLGooner wrote:Yea I can see how it can be easily confused. I probably immediately thought "spent" as well.

I wonder how they came up with what they think each player is worth? :think:

It's confusing as they say spend, then worth, and even the blog itself is not very clear.
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke invested his own money on transfers this summer rather than rely on the club's self sustaining model to fund the deals. (Mirror)

He's a problem no more
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am

Weyyyyyyy Kroenke in
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 am

Interesting. Credit where it's due if he actually invested. We have seen rapid change since he's become the owner and the work now just needs fo translate on the pitch in a positive way.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Always been a fan. Only reason we didn't spend his money earlier cos Wenger but he's gone
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Zedie wrote:You can deny all you want, but if kronke wanted the club to succeed he could have gone halves or whatever apportionment he wanted to along with the other shareholders (namely usmanov) to put money in since his initial share on 2007 and his majority control in 2011.

I know perfectly well that share prices would have been higher, but that just shows me hes not really the man for a premier league football club.

It makes perfect sense for him to not have put money in to avoid the share price increasing, but it's a massive factor in what we have now.

We sold countless top class players that we could have stacked to be fully dominate for the last 12 years because of his thinking and actions, players that if kept would have pushed us to more silverware than record breaking cash balances.

You support and envy his financial strategy, I want silverware and glory. That's where we diverge in opinions and always have.

My points stand and have stood since the start and no amount of tacking 'you're wrong' or now ' 'your understanding' nonsense added to each post is going to change that.

Even if you wipe this out and take for granted that he was powerless to spend etc. He is now 100% owner and is able to put in as much money as he needs from self generated funds that he wants or 30m from his own external funds if he wants right now, and all it will do is improve the squad, his asset and share price in the same way you've argued it would do if he had done it before 2018.

Or does it cease to apply as soon as he is in control?

Project youth was championed during his considerable influence.

Project youth 2 is being championed now as the blue print for the next 10 years.

What makes you so sure this time it will be a success over him actually becoming aggressive in the market like you claim he has been?

His self sustained income will start taking a hit the more he dithers and we continue to slide that trend is starting to happen right now.

Or does it cease to apply as soon as he is in control? -- as you were told over and over again it did .... as you can now plainly see.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Ach wrote:
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke invested his own money on transfers this summer rather than rely on the club's self sustaining model to fund the deals. (Mirror)

He's a problem no more

Took him long enough but at least he's listening. Long may such actions continue
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Ach wrote:Always been a fan. Only reason we didn't spend his money earlier cos Wenger but he's gone

Have you always been a fan though? On previous pages you said he's a problem? That doesn't really scream that you're a fan. :think:

You wouldn't be changing your opinion just for a wind up would you? Naw, not you. I'm sorry for assuming.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk