The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 pm

Zedie wrote:I cant even be arsed to continue arguing with this level of ignorance.

Hothead posting broad strokes UEFA quotes vs my more detailed UEFA quotes and claiming victory, when if he read them and understood basic profit loss, would understand that private expenditure can be cancelled by incomings year on year within the 3year period.

EK inthe saliba thread pleading our poverty, while agreeing with jayram who is constantly pointing to our savings, which we dont use to get these 2 month negotiations over the line before spurs take saliba from us.

Hothead including the actual cost of buying chelsea/readying for the new stadium etc. in to Abramovich's total expenditure vs what we are actually talking about which is additional player funding.

You all defending kronke to the hilt while its painfully apparent that however you look at it, additional expenditure would allow us to actually close the deals we're struggling on now.

You guys are literally hand wringing about how bad things are that we cant get deals over the line and are promoting kids to the first team, while celebrating how much of an astute business man kronke is because he doesnt want trophies, he wants to strangle the club to create max profit for min outlay.

Jesus f***ing wept.

No one is defending Kroenke to the hilt.
Quite a few are explaining to you that he is not the reason we have declined so badly, but despite the cold hard facts of Kroenke's huge investments in our playing staff, you can't admit you were wrong. You've taken the argument on so many tangents, performing mental gymnastics to try and reverse engineer yourself out of a false starting premise.

If you can't accept the fact that the reason we declined is Wenger, his coaching staff and the utterly crap players they wanted and succeeded in bringing to the club, then you are not in a sound state of mind.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Zedie wrote:I cant even be arsed to continue arguing with this level of ignorance.

But here you are.

Can someone throw in the towel? Where's the forum feds when you need them to get some order around here?

Yeah, its pointless discussing this in here, itll be a lot easier to look at what's happening around us when:

mustafi is starting this season

if saliba starts for spurs next season

if we even get tierney

When our new players consist of 4 promotions
from the reserves.

Koscielny is on strike or injured or sulking because we've got no ambition in the market

When we start the season with one or two signings and people are grateful, until people start remembering we didnt get a CB, or replacement for Ramsey.

When everyone is marvelling over everyone else's new signings

When watford stride out with sarr so we can get our fullback roasted by him in the prem

When we cant sell anyone we actually want to sell, because we know we wont be able to afford a replacement with the pittance we receive or we are too tight to sell the player below what we deem to be acceptable value

When all of this is happening, I'll be asking you guys how great kronkes return has been since his initial stake and majority ownership in 2011

how our training regime is working with the same idiotic or washed up players

How our net spend is looking

How ozil is feeling after his latest prolonged absence
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Ramsey’s shit we don’t need a replacement
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Zedie wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

But here you are.

Can someone throw in the towel? Where's the forum feds when you need them to get some order around here?

Yeah, its pointless discussing this in here, itll be a lot easier to look at what's happening around us when:

mustafi is starting this season

if saliba starts for spurs next season

if we even get tierney

When our new players consist of 4 promotions
from the reserves.

Koscielny is on strike or injured or sulking because we've got no ambition in the market

When we start the season with one or two signings and people are grateful, until people start remembering we didnt get a CB, or replacement for Ramsey.

When everyone is marvelling over everyone else's new signings

When watford stride out with sarr so we can get our fullback roasted by him in the prem

When we cant sell anyone we actually want to sell, because we know we wont be able to afford a replacement with the pittance we receive or we are too tight to sell the player below what we deem to be acceptable value

When all of this is happening, I'll be asking you guys how great kronkes return has been since his initial stake and majority ownership in 2011

how our training regime is working with the same idiotic or washed up players

How our net spend is looking

How ozil is feeling after his latest prolonged absence

None of the things you mention here have anything to do with Kroenke.
They are all problems created by Wenger and his staff or just plain envy and panic about other clubs.

What you seem to want is for Kroenke to go haywire in the transfer market and force the manager to buy players in order to try and solve everything in a single transfer window.

Why can you not get to grips with the cold hard fact that it is not going to happen that quickly? You're blaming Kroenke for not undoing 10 years of Wengers mismanagement in a single transfer window because you want your "sweets" now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Believe what you want.

Kronke has no control over his own money.
Kronke doesnt set the budget season to season.
Kronke doesnt set the parameters for raul and vinai to work within as their boss.
Kronke doesnt have a say in whether to put in additional funds.
Kronke doesnt have an influence at all in our financial capacity in the market.

I hear your story and its bollocks, but choose to believe it if you want.

Deepest part is kronke actually didnt even fire gazidis for creating this mess, gazidis actually realised what hed done and walked off with a 2.7m bonus for doing it looool.

This is you lots savvy businessman.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Zedie wrote:Believe what you want.

Kronke doesnt set the parameters for raul and vinai to work within as their boss.

Deepest part is kronke actually didnt even fire gazidis for creating this mess, gazidis actually realised what hed done and walked off with a 2.7m bonus for doing it looool.

It's pointless boss. Just leave them to it. When Jayram told me SK was an aggresive investor, I just decided to not respond any longer.

When they're all crying in 5 years and S&W is back with his umpteenth name because he can't bear the embarrassment, maybe they can look back on this thread. But then again, we might be wrong. Arsenal might end up with the next Messi who they bought for a fiver off leyton orient, the current coach might have trained 70 year old monreal to run and 60 year old Mustafi how to defend, money might actually mean nothing in football and SK might have put his vast business acumen to some use regarding Arsenal.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:

It's pointless boss. Just leave them to it. When Jayram told me SK was an aggresive investor, I just decided to not respond any longer.

When they're all crying in 5 years and S&W is back with his umpteenth name because he can't bear the embarrassment, maybe they can look back on this thread. But then again, we might be wrong. Arsenal might end up with the next Messi who they bought for a fiver off leyton orient, the current coach might have trained 70 year old monreal to run and 60 year old Mustafi how to defend, money might actually mean nothing in football and SK might have put his vast business acumen to some use regarding Arsenal.

Mate, a ten year plan has to take ten years for it to be successful.

Ultimately, kronke has maximised his investment by ensuring that he hasn't put in a penny other than what his asset has made and hes done amazingly well to achieve this.

Silverware is overrated in any case, so is the top 4 trophy which seems to have gained validity now that we dont have it.

End of the day, kronke is the only owner that is following the rules of ffp exactly and everyone else has been doing it wrong all these years. It's just corrupt EUFA that hasn't punished spurs liverpool or chelsea for spending private funds.

None of these teams have bought any duds whatsoever either which has worked in their favour, every single signing has been a massive success for them.

Cant fight the truth any longer.

As mustafi would say:

BACK ON TOP
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 pm

I believe the truth, not what I want.

Kronke has no control over his own money. - yes he does and he has invested huge sums of it on our playing and coaching staff... aggressively investing hundreds of millions and releasing funds to buy over 200 players over the last 10 years.

Kronke doesnt set the budget season to season. - yes he does and we've invested the 12th most in all of Europe over the last 10 years, around the same as Liverpool and more than Spurs - the CL finalists this year and both finishing above us in the league.

Kronke doesnt set the parameters for raul and vinai to work within as their boss. - yes he does and, obviously, they have not been to blame for our decline over the last decade either

Kronke doesnt have a say in whether to put in additional funds. yes he does and can, but as he is already investing a huge some of money and we also have over 200m of cash in the bank whywould he put in additional funds? Obviosuly he wouldn't - and hasn't

Kronke doesnt have an influence at all in our financial capacity in the market. he has some influence but I am glad he is not trying to outspend financial cheats like City.

Your argument simply falls over when you have to face the reality that we've fallen miles behind Liverpool and behind Spurs (having been miles ahead of them) despite matching and beating their investment in players. Kroenke has done his job, his manager (who he inherited) destroyed the club because he was and as an idiot.

You simply keep repeating that you blame Kroenke for not fixing it all now and for some reason seem to think a few million more is the answer. A splurge to try and fix our squad in 1 year would require between £500m and £1bn. We need to replace at least 20 first team squad members.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:

You might want to read your definitions - they fit Kroenke being an aggressive investor. For the record in 10 years : 211 players bought, over 200 sold, over £700m spent on players, £400m brought in sales, investment in all other areas of the club away from the mens first team too. These are just facts that you can't get away from, so yeah - an aggressive investor....unless you want to change your defintiion to aggressive investor = Saudi Royal family spending money like water and not caring about any return, whilst fiddling the books to launder money.

Now, we've wasted about £500m on crap players, but that is not down to Kroenke.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 pm

jayramfootball wrote: A splurge to try and fix our squad in 1 year would require between £500m and £1bn. We need to replace at least 20 first team squad members.

So you recognize the enormity of the task, you recognize the sums of money Arsenal have in reserve, you recognize we have a paltry transfer fund of £45m, yet you don't recognize SK's position in this as an issue. :think:

Also :lol: at answering Zedie's sarcasm as if he were being serious...
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

You might want to read your definitions - they fit Kroenke being an aggressive investor. For the record in 10 years : 211 players bought, over 200 sold, over £700m spent on players, £400m brought in sales, investment in all other areas of the club away from the mens first team too. These are just facts that you can't get away from, so yeah - an aggressive investor....unless you want to change your defintiion to aggressive investor = Saudi Royal family spending money like water and not caring about any return, whilst fiddling the books to launder money.

Market norms son, try again.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Market norms are not City and PSG, child.
Try harder.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Try harder.

Where did I mention city and PSG? Their actions are far from market norms...

Try again.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote: A splurge to try and fix our squad in 1 year would require between £500m and £1bn. We need to replace at least 20 first team squad members.

So you recognize the enormity of the task, you recognize the sums of money Arsenal have in reserve, you recognize we have a paltry transfer fund of £45m, yet you don't recognize SK's position in this as an issue. :think:

Also :lol: at answering Zedie's sarcasm as if he were being serious...

I'm not commenting on EK's view. It's not an us and them debate. Only children position things like that.
My point is that our decline has not been due to Kroenke under investing. That's it.

The enormity of the task is down to the utter mess that Arsene Wenger created and the children want Kroenke to fix it in one season by spending up to £1bn in a massive splurge that could bankrupt the club or have us sanctioned for financial cheating.

The 'palty' transfer fund of £45m is net. If we sell players we can spend more. £45m net every year on average would have actually ranked us 7th in all of Europe over the last 10 years.

You simply have no clue what you are talking about.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Try harder.

Where did I mention city and PSG? Their actions are far from market norms...

Try again.

:rofll:

Take away the likes of City and PSG and we're near the top end of spenders.
Christ, you're clueless.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk