The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Sims wrote:cant even get his cronies to hire a decent manager ffs

It's funny how you criticise him, when it was Gazidis (whom you proclaimed to be the man to take the club forward) and Wenger (who you wanked over for the longest time) who are responsible for this mess.

So Kroenke and you seemingly had the same opinion about Gazidis and Wenger. Go figure :lol:
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Sims wrote:cant even get his cronies to hire a decent manager ffs

It's funny how you criticise him, when it was Gazidis (whom you proclaimed to be the man to take the club forward) and Wenger (who you wanked over for the longest time) who are responsible for this mess.

So Kroenke and you seemingly had the same opinion about Gazidis and Wenger. Go figure :lol:

put me in charge of this club!!!!

marco rose IN

a hit on bald man gazidis STRAIGHT AWAY
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

lol
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Unfortunately think the only way he fucks off soon is with a massive payday from somebody with more money than sense.

But then will they want to keep splashing or making their money back? Need a power hungry c*** who runs a country like City’s owners.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Um, he refused a billion pound offer from Usmanov. Think again.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:49 pm

The man has short arms and deep pockets.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Um, he refused a billion pound offer from Usmanov. Think again.

Yeah what Usmanov offered was just above a fair price for the club. I’m talking about f***ing double that, some completely ridiculous offer.

Otherwise he’s here for 15 more years til he croaks and then his son will take over anyway.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:54 pm

15 years it is then. Sad times.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Seems like it :(
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby rewb1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Why are you guys worried about the owner with the new FFP rules coming for force anyway? its too late for an oil baron to come in now. The times of the likes of psg, city and chelsea spending money they dont have is over. Even if we get a rich oil money owner we will still have to conform to the new and improved FFP rules.
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:59 pm

I reckon tho that if we keep up this mediocrity and realize where all our problems start, the fans won't be as forgiving as when Wenger was manager. People didn't want to make a fuss about the state of the club because they idolized Arsene and felt that doing protests and boycotting showed disrespect.

I feel that our core fanbase can be just as fierce as any other in taking action and demanding change. If a couple of passionate fans take initiative I believe it's possible to create a hostile enough environment and enough of a financial loss that Kroenke could sell. It's not going to be easy and things can get ugly but sadly I think it's the only way to have a chance of returning to winning major trophies. The reach of this current boards' philosophy is contending for major titles, at best, but not actually winning them. I am worried about the current state of the club but I'm cautiously optimistic because when fans finally decide enough is enough they'll have an easier time uniting towards a common enemy, without antagonizing each other over a specific manager. That's why it was crucial that Wenger left and a step in the right direction.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:04 pm

rewb1 wrote:Why are you guys worried about the owner with the new FFP rules coming for force anyway? its too late for an oil baron to come in now. The times of the likes of psg, city and chelsea spending money they dont have is over. Even if we get a rich oil money owner we will still have to conform to the new and improved FFP rules.

That's also true. I myself don't argue for spending ridiculous amounts of money just for the sake of it, even if we were allowed. It's (ironically) a cheap way to win trophies. We do, however need to spend more and that's just a fact. We should go for an occasional superstar like Auba but a lot of the shortcomings in our squad could be fixed with players costing no more than 30-40m.

On the flip side, FFP actually would help clubs like us if they actually enforced it properly. Banning City from the UCL would send a strong message to the oligarchs that just injecting crazy money into clubs wont work anymore.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Nejch wrote:
rewb1 wrote:Why are you guys worried about the owner with the new FFP rules coming for force anyway? its too late for an oil baron to come in now. The times of the likes of psg, city and chelsea spending money they dont have is over. Even if we get a rich oil money owner we will still have to conform to the new and improved FFP rules.

That's also true. I myself don't argue for spending ridiculous amounts of money just for the sake of it, even if we were allowed. It's (ironically) a cheap way to win trophies. We do, however need to spend more and that's just a fact. We should go for an occasional superstar like Auba but a lot of the shortcomings in our squad could be fixed with players costing no more than 30-40m.

On the flip side, FFP actually would help clubs like us if they actually enforced it properly. Banning City from the UCL would send a strong message to the oligarchs that just injecting crazy money into clubs wont work anymore.

Yep. Normally I would be for our self sustaining model IF everyone else was made to abide by the same philosophy. But since this has never been the case, the idea should have been scrapped when it was clear the consequences against clubs like Chelsea, City, etc. was meaningless
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

City aren't abiding by it, any time a new rule comes in they pay themselves around it from some company funded by their owner.

You can still spend what you want you just have to be more creative.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Santi wrote:City aren't abiding by it, any time a new rule comes in they pay themselves around it from some company funded by their owner.

You can still spend what you want you just have to be more creative.

This is exactly my point and my issue with Kroenke and company. If fans like us, who only care what happens on the pitch, can realize this then why cant experienced businessmen. If the reason is not pride like I mentioned earlier then it can only be incompetance
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk