The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 am

Phil71 wrote:Anyone who gets so angry over sport that they feel inclined to riot and violently assault other people needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

It's pathetic.

Football is not sport, football is life.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 8:27 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Not pointless at all EK. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I spoke about this. This has nothing to do with being pissed up, this is what happens when anger boils over with football fans. You claimed I was glorifying it, no I wasn't, I was stating facts my friend! I have been in and around it for years, I know how it works, I know how things escalate when football fans are confronted.

No sports fans can compare to football fans (its not just English fans that have this mentality, they have it all over Europe). I went to a pre-season friendly once, West Ham vs Roma at the Boleyn ground, I sat in the Roma end. Even a bloody pre-season friendly had agro and was tense. That's football and it won't change in our lifetime.

It seems to me like you just don't get it, you do not understand the mentality of the English football fan - and I am not just talking about the thugs, I am talking generally. When emotions run high and you are in a group its very easy to become very tribal and do stuff you wouldn't normally do and that has nothing to do with being drunk.

Carragher said he was glad what happened at Old Trafford happened, obviously at the time he didn't know the details, he said words to the effect that it shows the strength of the fans when they come together and what they can achieve. They stopped the ESL in its tracks and they have stopped a game from going ahead because they are not happy with how their club us being run. He said the actions of a very small minority should not overshadow the protest. I concur!

Nope - you're just a deluded idiot.

"The mentality of English football fans" is not to riot and loot - even if idiots like you think it should be.

And you know f**k all about football but you claim to know so much. Your posts on the topic have proved as much. Im not condoning anything, I am telling you what is happening and why. You can deny it as much as you want, doesn't change the facts.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:35 am

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Anyone who gets so angry over sport that they feel inclined to riot and violently assault other people needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

It's pathetic.

It's really not.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 am

Did you not see the MoTD2 interview with the editor of the Man U fanzine? Shearer told him that only Man City have spent more on transfers than Man U since 2013 across Europe. The editor said some of the transfers had been poor/wrong and that they were still not spending all the money the club makes.

He then went on to say the Glazers have never been accepted, they saddled the club with debt and that their anger/dislike toward the Glazers is not being made up. Its real.

If you 2 don't get emotions running high at football it tells me you actually haven't gone to football matches as devoted fans, either that or you don't really have a temper and you are passive human beings. Nothing wrong with that but then you won't understand anything I am talking about.

Take AFTV, every one of the people that go on the show are regular people, I know fans that are actually like every single person on there, the measured, the deluded, the angry, the unhinged. If you think all fans are the "shrug their shoulders - oh well we lost" types, you are woefully out of touch
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

It's pathetic.

It's really not.

And thats why you don't get it!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 am

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

It's pathetic.

It's really not.

And thats why you don't get it!

And for that I'm grateful.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 03, 2021 9:36 am

It's pathetic.

I agree Phil, get angry I can identify with that but go out causing mayhem and hurting people is well out of order, fooking idiots.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 am

Any protest that resorts to violence of any kind loses it's impetus.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am

theHotHead wrote:And you know f**k all about football but you claim to know so much. Your posts on the topic have proved as much. Im not condoning anything, I am telling you what is happening and why. You can deny it as much as you want, doesn't change the facts.

What in your opinion is happening? a load of drunken morons breaking into Old Trafford? slashing a policeman with a bottle, destroying property, firing flares at journalists - that's what happened so what did you see?

You pretend it was some high moral statement by a bunch of right minded reformists? you having a laugh? violence has no place at any protest even you must know that.

You are talking shit if you think that fans agree with you - the vast majority of all right thinking fans utterly condemn the moronic behaviour yesterday - if you think for even a second that billionaire owners will now give away their assets because of a few idiots - then you really are stupid.

So tell me again what happened ... and not just the imaginary 'heroics' in your pea-brained skull.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 am

theHotHead wrote:Did you not see the MoTD2 interview with the editor of the Man U fanzine? Shearer told him that only Man City have spent more on transfers than Man U since 2013 across Europe. The editor said some of the transfers had been poor/wrong and that they were still not spending all the money the club makes.

He then went on to say the Glazers have never been accepted, they saddled the club with debt and that their anger/dislike toward the Glazers is not being made up. Its real.

If you 2 don't get emotions running high at football it tells me you actually haven't gone to football matches as devoted fans, either that or you don't really have a temper and you are passive human beings. Nothing wrong with that but then you won't understand anything I am talking about.

Take AFTV, every one of the people that go on the show are regular people, I know fans that are actually like every single person on there, the measured, the deluded, the angry, the unhinged. If you think all fans are the "shrug their shoulders - oh well we lost" types, you are woefully out of touch

I used to think that football was everything.

Then I grew up.

And if you are the sort of person they get regularly on aftv then I don't know what to say.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 10:24 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Did you not see the MoTD2 interview with the editor of the Man U fanzine? Shearer told him that only Man City have spent more on transfers than Man U since 2013 across Europe. The editor said some of the transfers had been poor/wrong and that they were still not spending all the money the club makes.

I used to think that football was everything.

Then I grew up.

And if you are the sort of person they get regularly on aftv then I don't know what to say.

You just got older.
I hear you, I used to think football was far more important than it really is - but all people are not the same.
Football is and will likely remain more than just sport in this country.
It's tribal and it's cultural.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 10:27 am

Goonerred wrote:Any protest that resorts to violence of any kind loses it's impetus.

TBH GR, that is a soundbite and probably the opposite of what is true these days.
We see protests for everything these days. It's like we're back in the 60's.
The only protests that get any real coverage and get talked about are the ones that turn violent or in some way obstructive, like getting football matches called off.
Not saying it is the right way of going about things, but in terms of bringing attention to an issue, it works - negative attention or not.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Mon May 03, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby tufnelltoughie » Mon May 03, 2021 10:27 am

According to the 'Current Bun' aka The Sun, Kroenke is prepared to sell the club for £1.7 billion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14829232 ... 1619946434

If EK really is interested in buying Arsenal, he could probably get it for around £1.5 billion, i'm sure he could afford that!
Last edited by tufnelltoughie on Mon May 03, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 03, 2021 10:29 am

tufnelltoughie wrote:According to the 'Current Bun' aka The Sun, Kroenke is prepared to sell the club for £1.9 billion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14829232 ... 1619946434

If EK really is interested in buying Arsenal, i'm sure he could afford that!

This is media clickbait IMO.
They just make up the stories depending on the topic of the day. I very much doubt The Sun have any insight at all into what Kronke is planning.
I'll believe it when I see it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 am

Goonerred wrote:Any protest that resorts to violence of any kind loses it's impetus.

Any protest big enough will have a few incidents of violence. Like someone said previously, the actions of the minority shouldn't overshadow the peaceful majority. I don't know why anyone would focus on that unless they're a bootlicker for the Glazers.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk