The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: KROENKE OUT!

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:11 pm

The Great One wrote:This isn't necessary...

"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Denis_E » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Denis_E wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:Wenger Out First! one step at a time.

Pretty much

It's just logical:

In order to create enough fan unrest, sadly we need the majority of the turds that chant wenger's name to wake up and smell the coffee.

They have clearly proven that absolutely no amount of rationale or utter embarrassment on the pitch will change their mind on wenger.

But the hope is as soon as he is gone there will be no point to their blind moronic support for Arsene FC. It should hopefully go back to Arsenal FC. And assuming the board are also a fundamental problem and go for a shit manager and don't give them financial support in transfers, then our league position will get worse. At which point you'd think the majority of fans now start protesting every game, the media bubble against kroenke et al grows etc.

Some problems I foresee however:

1) It would need to be a majority protest on buying merch/going to games as well, cause most likely Kroenke wouldn't give two shits if we're a mid table club with unhappy fans as long as revenues are intact.

2) Wenger may well not f**k off for another 5 years. Even if we dropped out of 4th place this year, who can put it past that slimey cu*nt from spinning it off as not that bad given his impecable 16+ year qualifying record before it?

3) Even if wenger is gone. It may turn out that his moronic supporters were actually not blindly following just wenger, but also fanboys of the board. And so whomever is appointed by the board as manager, no matter how bad (or even worse) will again get the unwavering blind faith of said morons for another decade.

All in all it's a bit doom and gloom. I mean the world population is sadly composed of a majority of absolute shit heads, but sadly our fan base has been allocated a disproportionate amount of these shit heads...

Good post, but you missed:

4) Alisher Usmanov sells Red and White holdings 30 odd % to Kroenke, and joins his mate at Everton, leaving Kroenke with close to 100% ownership of Arsenal. This is a very real possibility, with Usmanov only today releasing a media statement that he is fully committed to his Arsenal investment.

If this happens, we are truly f***ked, and he (Kroenke) will strip this club of all its money, and Arsenal will become like his American investments.

Really, AW should have gone years a go. A lot of us wanted it, and if it had happened, we'd already be long down the road of trying to get rid of the board and Kroenke. Now? It might be too late. The damage might already be irreparable if Usmanov sells up to him.

The only hope we have at this point is the enmity Usmanov holds for him (Kroenke) and the board. He might also cut his loses though, and just sell up and move on... who knows what will happen at this point?

Too right, thank you for highlighting that issue as well

In effect by shielding kroenke and his cronies, the damage wenger has done to this club goes well beyond 5-6 dsigraceful years of shit football but could have a devastating effect for another 10 years it seems.

Luzh 22 wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:For over a hundred years we've been owned by rich families. Right from Henry Norris and the Hill-Woods through Kroenke. This isn't going to change. The fans have no impact on who owns the club and never have. So this Kroenke Out business is moot.

1 year and 2 days since you decided to "grace us" with your presence here. Your posts are shit, your opinions are shit. This isn't going to change. You're literally pointless. So this 'you posting here' is moot.

And mate, my hats off :clap:

Thank you for saying what we all think.
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:46 pm

StLGooner wrote:What happens if he dies................................"accidentally"? :hiding:

This is what I'm saying.

Zedie, are you still up for it?

Zedie wrote:I'm OK to do a 1 stretch if it comes to it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
StLGooner wrote:What happens if he dies................................"accidentally"? :hiding:

This is what I'm saying.

Zedie, are you still up for it?

Zedie wrote:I'm OK to do a 1 stretch if it comes to it.

https://youtu.be/bX6BKxFkU78

Edit - someone embed this pls, I forget every frikkin time
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:Wenger Out First! one step at a time.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:17 pm

If you had a choice between Kroenke or Arsene leaving you'd have to be pretty 'special' to rather Arsene leave
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Denis_E » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Sims wrote:If you had a choice between Kroenke or Arsene leaving you'd have to be pretty 'special' to rather Arsene leave

No doubt about it, Kroenke is a cu*nt of the highest order and will burn in hell (if there is one).

That said, it's not mutually exclusive (Kroenke and Wenger both being culpable for this disgraceful situation).

I'd vote for Kroenke to leave over wenger 7 days of the week yes, but then who's to say wenger wasn't also just being a negligent prick refusing to do his job and spend his money by his own making (i.e without the added restriction of the board). And so if an owner took over and didn't restrict him money but didn't pressure him to use it at the same time, wenger could just continue being a useless t**t.

Either way the genera consensus is surely that wenger fooking off is the most realistic prospect. After that you'd hope things spiral out of kroenke's control.
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Wenger and Kroenke are complicit. Choosing between the two is like choosing between a hangman's noose or jumping off the cliff.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Wenger and Kroenke are complicit. Choosing between the two is like choosing between a hangman's noose or jumping off the cliff.

Cliff tbf. You get to fly for a bit and then instant death.

The noose must be excruciating.

I'd rather be Jennifer Lawrenced to death (whatever that entails) if I had a choice.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Slick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Kroenke really is the kiss of death. Every team he owns in the US is crap. Poorly managed and poorly coached. I might get called an Arsene Wenger apologist for my opinion but it all starts at the top. I have to wonder if Arsene has sincerely been given the green light to spend money. I have my doubts. This is Stan Kroenke we're talking about.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Slick wrote:Kroenke really is the kiss of death. Every team he owns in the US is crap. Poorly managed and poorly coached. I might get called an Arsene Wenger apologist for my opinion but it all starts at the top. I have to wonder if Arsene has sincerely been given the green light to spend money. I have my doubts. This is Stan Kroenke we're talking about.

He's been given money, he just hasn't spent it. Probably not the sort of money to sign Xhaka mustafi and griezmann but enough to sign alternatives or to have gone to the market early to get decent players.

Xhaka, mustafi, batshuyi = 100m when the window opened.

Most people would have been happy with that.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Denis_E » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Slick wrote:Kroenke really is the kiss of death. Every team he owns in the US is crap. Poorly managed and poorly coached. I might get called an Arsene Wenger apologist for my opinion but it all starts at the top. I have to wonder if Arsene has sincerely been given the green light to spend money. I have my doubts. This is Stan Kroenke we're talking about.

The thing is wenger signed up for this shit when kroenke came along

Either a) he knew kroenke would suck the life out of this club, but 8m a year was more than adequate for him to look the other way

B) he was naiive enought to think kroenke would be a good owner. But after 4 or 5 years of this shit he should have stood up against it if he had any integrity. But hey then he'd be biting the hand that feeds so to speak.
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Slick » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:52 pm

I just don't trust Kroenke, and I've yet to see a source that convinces me that the checkbook is open for Wenger. All I've seen is speculation. If you've got a link to an article showing me different, please post it.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Slick wrote:I just don't trust Kroenke, and I've yet to see a source that convinces me that the checkbook is open for Wenger. All I've seen is speculation. If you've got a link to an article showing me different, please post it.

Ozil. Alexis.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:16 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Slick wrote:I just don't trust Kroenke, and I've yet to see a source that convinces me that the checkbook is open for Wenger. All I've seen is speculation. If you've got a link to an article showing me different, please post it.

Ozil. Alexis.

Xhaka cost near enough the same as both. hardly proof.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk