The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:17 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Go back and read all my comments, I don't feel like typing it all again.

I'm American, and he took my NFL team all the while lying to my whole city and making us spend millions in tax dollars only to still take our team away. He's the type of owner that will only do just enough to keep his money machine making profits, he doesn't care about winning or losing, just about his investment. He'll get lucky here and there and will help put together a winning team, but his passion will never be what I would like it to be for a owner. So I have a little bit of a different reason to hate him, which almost means no matter what he does for Arsenal, I'll still hold that grudge. He's just not a honest or moral person.

But wait, where are all the people arguing that the owner has nothing to do with how the well the team does? Because that was the argument against the Kroenke haters. Now are you guys admitting that the owner does play a significant role? Cause now from your statement it seems your flip flopping here a bit.

So to cut through the waffle - you don't like him for stuff that has nothing to do with Arsenal .... all perfectly good reasons but not relevant to Arsenal fans who don't follow US sport ....

From where I sit he's been perfectly fine for us, and this summer is shaping up very well ... took his time getting control, and certainly took far to long getting rid of the terrible twosome ... but apart from that it's all good ....

Right, I had already hated him before he fully took over Arsenal. So yes, I have different reasons.

So far it seems that he is trying to right some wrongs here, and that is great, I'll give credit where it's due. However, I've been around Stan for a long time now and know how he operates. He'll do just enough to keep the heat off of him or just enough to turn a profit for his empire, but if we look at his history on all the clubs he owns, it won't be fully enough, at least not in my opinion. And keep in mind, we haven't won anything yet, we're still in Europa League ( I know it takes time, I get it), and we haven't sorted out our defense yet. I know that doesn't all come down to him, but he's the owner and at the end of the days he's fully responsible. And if we want to say it's all on Josh now, that's fine. I can only hope that Josh isn't the evil prick that his father is. But again, I know these people and I ain't holding my breath.

Plus how could anyone trust a guy that lies directly to a whole city/fanbase. I know sports are different there, but don't think for one second he cares about you or me, or any Arsenal fans in general. He cares about Stan and Kroenke Holdings are whatever it's called. He'd move Arsenal in a second if it was allowed there and if he could make a better profit somewhere else.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:55 pm

StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Go back and read all my comments, I don't feel like typing it all again.

I'm American, and he took my NFL team all the while lying to my whole city and making us spend millions in tax dollars only to still take our team away. He's the type of owner that will only do just enough to keep his money machine making profits, he doesn't care about winning or losing, just about his investment. He'll get lucky here and there and will help put together a winning team, but his passion will never be what I would like it to be for a owner. So I have a little bit of a different reason to hate him, which almost means no matter what he does for Arsenal, I'll still hold that grudge. He's just not a honest or moral person.

But wait, where are all the people arguing that the owner has nothing to do with how the well the team does? Because that was the argument against the Kroenke haters. Now are you guys admitting that the owner does play a significant role? Cause now from your statement it seems your flip flopping here a bit.

So to cut through the waffle - you don't like him for stuff that has nothing to do with Arsenal .... all perfectly good reasons but not relevant to Arsenal fans who don't follow US sport ....

From where I sit he's been perfectly fine for us, and this summer is shaping up very well ... took his time getting control, and certainly took far to long getting rid of the terrible twosome ... but apart from that it's all good ....

Right, I had already hated him before he fully took over Arsenal. So yes, I have different reasons.

So far it seems that he is trying to right some wrongs here, and that is great, I'll give credit where it's due. However, I've been around Stan for a long time now and know how he operates. He'll do just enough to keep the heat off of him or just enough to turn a profit for his empire, but if we look at his history on all the clubs he owns, it won't be fully enough, at least not in my opinion. And keep in mind, we haven't won anything yet, we're still in Europa League ( I know it takes time, I get it), and we haven't sorted out our defense yet. I know that doesn't all come down to him, but he's the owner and at the end of the days he's fully responsible. And if we want to say it's all on Josh now, that's fine. I can only hope that Josh isn't the evil prick that his father is. But again, I know these people and I ain't holding my breath.

Plus how could anyone trust a guy that lies directly to a whole city/fanbase. I know sports are different there, but don't think for one second he cares about you or me, or any Arsenal fans in general. He cares about Stan and Kroenke Holdings are whatever it's called. He'd move Arsenal in a second if it was allowed there and if he could make a better profit somewhere else.

The owner is not responsible for the teams performance - as long as he is making funds available to the level required to compete to expectations. Kroenke is doing that. He carries zero blame for the on field performances. He's a business man so turning a profit seems a reasonable goal.
As for the NFL, well he might have screwed the Rams, but, frankly, I don't care. Rugby with pads seems a little bit naff. It's just some niche little game Americans play, which Canada sort of copy...and it's boring.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:07 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

The owner is not responsibel for the teams performance - as long as he is making funds available to the level required to compete to expectations. Kroenke is doing that. He carries zero blame for the on field performances. He's a business man so turning a profit seems a reasonable goal.
As for the NFL, well he might have screwed the Rams, but, frankly, I don't care. Rugby with pads seems a little bit naff. It's just some niche little game Americans play, which Canada sort of copy...and it's boring.

Hey good job on never missing a good opportunity to take a shot at America. :rolleyes:

But for the record I like Rugby more.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:38 pm

HEADLINE:Sources: Man Utd agree record £80m Maguire fee
ESPN FC

LINK
https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/3910943/sources-man-utd-set-to-sign-maguire-for-80m

2019-08-02-Day After Arsenal record Signing Nico Pepe 72Mil WINGER... ManU Sign Harry Maguire for EPL & Prem Record & World Def RECORD 80MIL.jpg

Day After Arsenal record Signing Nico Pepe 72Mil WINGER... ManU Sign Harry Maguire for EPL & Prem Record & World Def RECORD 80MIL

[& he AIN'T the NEXT BEST Defender in the EPL or the World, but he's EPL Proven, He's FIT, & like John Terry he'll be there & Consistently Defend WELL ALL SEASON LONG!!!! BORING....But GOOD!! & TRUE]

PRIORITIES . . .

& Problem Areas

We know whose got it Right!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:54 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

The owner is not responsibel for the teams performance - as long as he is making funds available to the level required to compete to expectations. Kroenke is doing that. He carries zero blame for the on field performances. He's a business man so turning a profit seems a reasonable goal.

Hey good job on never missing a good opportunity to take a shot at America. :rolleyes:

But for the record I like Rugby more.

Not a shot at America, Fella. I like it there. Been all over. Some wonderful places and wonderful people. It's just NFL sends me to sleep... I've been to a game too at Arrowhead Stadium - Chiefs vs 49ers (Montana vs Young). Other than the cookout in the parking lot, even that was boring.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Zanatos3 wrote:HEADLINE:Sources: Man Utd agree record £80m Maguire fee
ESPN FC

LINK
https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/3910943/sources-man-utd-set-to-sign-maguire-for-80m

2019-08-02-Day After Arsenal record Signing Nico Pepe 72Mil WINGER... ManU Sign Harry Maguire for EPL & Prem Record & World Def RECORD 80MIL.jpg

Day After Arsenal record Signing Nico Pepe 72Mil WINGER... ManU Sign Harry Maguire for EPL & Prem Record & World Def RECORD 80MIL

[& he AIN'T the NEXT BEST Defender in the EPL or the World, but he's EPL Proven, He's FIT, & like John Terry he'll be there & Consistently Defend WELL ALL SEASON LONG!!!! BORING....But GOOD!! & TRUE]

PRIORITIES . . .

& Problem Areas

I would never want us to spend £80m on a player of McGuire's level.
Stupid money - let Utd pay it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Zanatos3 wrote:HEADLINE:Sources: Man Utd agree record £80m Maguire fee
ESPN FC

LINK

PRIORITIES . . .

& Problem Areas

We'll know who got what right later down the line.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm

85Mil Sorry...so sorry... 'Maguire will become United’s third signing of the summer, joining Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James in the north-west.'
Defenders
Defenders
Defenders . . .

Young Defenders to replace ppl the Same Age as Captain kos & Nacho Monreal, 33yr olds....

Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Est83 wrote:
swipe right wrote:To me Mou’s genius was in how he took that Inter team and won the CL. That was a tactical masterclass all the way.

Even then, people forget that he had the pick of the Serie A's best players. Juve got demoted to Serie B for match fixing, and Milan got a huge fine and points deduction... both teams lost the majority of their best players, and a bulk of them went to Inter.

Aside from what he achieved at Porto, he's always had star studded teams and has never had to build.

Can't remember their run to the final though, did Inter get it easy?

Were in a group with Barcelona
Beat Chelsea in last 16
Barcelona in semi final
Bayern Munich in final
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Stan Kroenke take a bow.
He once again spent the money. It must have taken a lot for him to do it again after being let down time and again.
This year our net spend will be about £80m, £15m more than last year and only a bit less than 3 years ago.
Year after year, Kroenke has pumped money into the club.

I have a better feeling about the players brought in this year and to get rid of so much deadwood also has been a dream.
:1990_dancing.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:53 pm

He's a problem no more.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 pm

They know where the riches lie. In the CL.

That's why they're investing.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:49 pm

Hats off, he did his job.

No complaints
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 am

Kroenke continues to let the club invest, as long as that carries on he can stay the invisible man no problem.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:32 am

I've said all along that all I cared about was Kroenke putting competent people in charge, and it looks like we finally have a quality management structure with Raul, Vinai and Edu. If we keep having windows like this one and if we start to see on-field success than Kroenke can be as absent as he likes.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk