The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:42 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote: A splurge to try and fix our squad in 1 year would require between £500m and £1bn. We need to replace at least 20 first team squad members.

So you recognize the enormity of the task, you recognize the sums of money Arsenal have in reserve, you recognize we have a paltry transfer fund of £45m, yet you don't recognize SK's position in this as an issue. :think:

Also :lol: at answering Zedie's sarcasm as if he were being serious...

I'm not commenting on EK's view. It's not an us and them debate. Only children position things like that.
My point is that our decline has not been due to Kroenke under investing. That's it.

The enormity of the task is down to the utter mess that Arsene Wenger created and the children want Kroenke to fix it in one season by spending up to £1bn in a massive splurge that could bankrupt the club or have us sanctioned for financial cheating.

The 'palty' transfer fund of £45m is net. If we sell players we can spend more. £45m net every year on average would have actually ranked us 7th in all of Europe over the last 10 years.

You simply have no clue what you are talking about.

I've not seen a single person asking for a billion pound investment. I've not seen any "children" demanding that it be fixed in one season. This is all a figment of your imagination son.

10 years is a long time in football. If we'd had £45m "net" every year for, for ten years, you'd have a point. That simply isn't the case. Also, £45m ten years ago would have bought you a lot more than £45m would in this day and age, given the ridiculous inflation in player transfers.

So, I counter your argument, and posture that it's actually you who have no clue what you're talking about. Have at it. I'm done arguing with imbeciles.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote: A splurge to try and fix our squad in 1 year would require between £500m and £1bn. We need to replace at least 20 first team squad members.

So you recognize the enormity of the task, you recognize the sums of money Arsenal have in reserve, you recognize we have a paltry transfer fund of £45m, yet you don't recognize SK's position in this as an issue. :think:

Also :lol: at answering Zedie's sarcasm as if he were being serious...

I'm not commenting on EK's view. It's not an us and them debate. Only children position things like that.
My point is that our decline has not been due to Kroenke under investing. That's it.

The enormity of the task is down to the utter mess that Arsene Wenger created and the children want Kroenke to fix it in one season by spending up to £1bn in a massive splurge that could bankrupt the club or have us sanctioned for financial cheating.

The 'palty' transfer fund of £45m is net. If we sell players we can spend more. £45m net every year on average would have actually ranked us 7th in all of Europe over the last 10 years.

You simply have no clue what you are talking about.

I've not seen a single person asking for a billion pound investment. I've not seen any "children" demanding that it be fixed in one season. This is all a figment of your imagination son.

10 years is a long time in football. If we'd had £45m "net" every year for, for ten years, you'd have a point. That simply isn't the case. Also, £45m ten years ago would have bought you a lot more than £45m would in this day and age, given the ridiculous inflation in player transfers.

So, I counter your argument, and posture that it's actually you who have no clue what you're talking about. Have at it. I'm done arguing with imbeciles.

You're done arguing because you have no argument, child.
You seem to want Wengers mess cleaned up immediately and yet somehow think a few million extra will do it.
You're asking for the impossible, unless you want to risk spending huge amounts of money - £500m to £1bn.

As for net spend. we've actually ranked 12th in the world over the last 10 years.
Like I said a net £45m transfer fund for one season is large and represents a further significant investment by Kroenke.

It's going to take while - maybe 10 years. Get used to it and stop crying like a baby about it.
You should have been more vocal in geting rid of Wenger 10 years ago, so no point crying now.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ball_clubs

People underestimate the amount of foreign investors in football. City and Chelsea are the success stories but plenty get it wrong. Plenty have came and went.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Power n Glory wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ball_clubs

People underestimate the amount of foreign investors in football. City and Chelsea are the success stories but plenty get it wrong. Plenty have came and went.

Indeed, which is why it becomes so obvious that what these people, who are not satisfied with the hundreds on millions of investment Kroenke has made, actaully want is for Kroenke to spend at the levels of clubs like City and just risk it all. Thank heavens fools like that are not running the club.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Power n Glory wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

Yet we have pages and pages of posts begging for our owner to act just like one of the many failed investors and gamble the long term future of the club on some imaginary short term gain ... is that really what anyone wants?

As this thread title implies Kroenke has been part of the problem, his battle with Usmanov has seen the club meander steadily downwards under an inept management due left to run things without a controlling oversight ...

It's taken 12 years off horrendous miss-management and protracted shareholder fighting to get us to this low point, it will not be fixed in a year or even two. It took Liverpool 7 years to fully recover from Gillett and Hicks, Spurs 15 years to get over Sugar, so we can't expect Kroenke to fix things in 12 months ... if you do you will just be bitterly disappointed ... buckle up for the long haul because that's what it's going to need...

We need five years of stability and steady progress ... not more banner waving and protest ... we are 'supporters' after all ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:03 am

5 years of stability and steady progress. :lol:
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:08 am

EK and Luzh are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. So sad.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:15 am

swipe right wrote:EK and Luzh are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. So sad.

:think:
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:28 am

They're suffering from crack inhalation. 5 years of stability ffs. Only thing that's been stable is our decline.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:32 am

Zedie wrote:They're suffering from crack inhalation. 5 years of stability ffs. Only thing that's been stable is our decline.

I'd say a few years of steady progress is exactly what is needed.
EK was talking about the next 5 years so I m not sure why you are referencing the past.
Try and at least comprehend things before jumping in with nonsense.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:37 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Zedie wrote:They're suffering from crack inhalation. 5 years of stability ffs. Only thing that's been stable is our decline.

EK was talking about the next 5 years so I m not sure why you are referencing the past.

Steady progress in the next 5 years? Koscielny will be 38 by then and mustafi 34. Monreal will be getting into position by final whistle.

Iwobi should defo prove himself to be the talented 28 year old youngster he really is.

Ozil tbf, will be minister of interior by then so maybe he can free up the coffers to get turkey to buy xhaka off us.

Progress
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:51 am

jayramfootball wrote:

Damn straight. The first thing we should do to stabalise is offload 15-20 of the first team squad this summer.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:52 am

Living in the past yet again? ... you are one sad cookie ... get out of your basement and look to the future your life will be so much better.

Steady progress in the next 5 years? Koscielny will be 38 by then and mustafi 34. Monreal will be getting into position by final whistle.

Iwobi should defo prove himself to be the talented 28 year old youngster he really is.

Ozil tbf, will be minister of interior by then so maybe he can free up the coffers to get turkey to buy xhaka off us.

and this is going way beyond delusional one might think it's almost a cry for help ............. forget the past you will never change it no matter how you try, learn from it and be positive going forward ... try a couple of positive posts just to see how that feels, who knows you might even enjoy it.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:36 am

EliteKiller wrote:

Living in the past yet again? ... you are one sad cookie ... get out of your basement and look to the future your life will be so much better.

and this is going way beyond delusional one might think it's almost a cry for help ............. forget the past you will never change it no matter how you try, learn from it and be positive going forward ... try a couple of positive posts just to see how that feels, who knows you might even enjoy it.

The last 5 years has been progressively worse under kronke. Going by the next 5 years it's going to be more of the same.

He simply doesnt care about football so has proven himself inept, with no comprehension as to what his employees are doing.

However you chop up the semantics, it's been 3 transfer windows since wenger left and we've managed to get 2 decent signings in that time on our budget. We've had more stop gaps than actual improvements.

Of course kronke doesnt have control like other owners have and do, so I could understand why you've defended him so vehemently for this period and why you believe he is the man to lead us to glory.

I mean he backed wenger and refused to put him under pressure while refusing to invest in his asset.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:47 am

Jayram - re your point about our cash in the bank, kronke needs that in the bank to improve his asset rating when applying for loans globally, most recently the LA acquisitions and move of franchise.

He wont spend that because his loan covenants probably rely on him having X amount of assets to loan against, as well as Y amount of liquidity to repay any recalled loan tranches quickly.

That money has and will stay there despite it sitting in our accounts. It's part of what boosts our value.

Hes never going to dip into it, otherwise he would have already.

We are literally an entry into his portfolio to be used as a carrot for external investors into his business ventures globally.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk