The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: KROENKE OUT!

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Zedie wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Slick wrote:I just don't trust Kroenke, and I've yet to see a source that convinces me that the checkbook is open for Wenger. All I've seen is speculation. If you've got a link to an article showing me different, please post it.

Ozil. Alexis.

Xhaka cost near enough the same as both. hardly proof.

Ozil. Alexis. Xhaka.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Kroenke is the worst kind of owner, but as someone else alluded to, he's not going anywhere and noone can force him to. He doesn't even come to match and doens't live here, so protests would fall on deaf ears.

Frankly we're kinda screwed with this, the only club with two billionaires, one of which won't spend because he has no say and the other who won't spend because all he wants to do is make money and has no interest in the sporting side of the club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Slick wrote:I just don't trust Kroenke, and I've yet to see a source that convinces me that the checkbook is open for Wenger. All I've seen is speculation. If you've got a link to an article showing me different, please post it.

Ozil. Alexis.

Xhaka cost near enough the same as both. hardly proof.

Ozil. Alexis. Xhaka.

Its not all the way open is it though. Regardless, wenger hasn't spent the rumoured 100m in any case but tbf, 100m was hardly going to get us the quality we deserve.

If we wanted to be serious this summer and go for top notch, we should have been looking at 150m minimum as a transfer budget.

Griezmann
Xhaka
Mustafi

If we were going through with 100m, the only genuine madness is that he wasted a summer chasing a 100m player in griezmann instead of looking at 40m/30m/30m to land an ST, DLP and CB.

Batshuyi
Xhaka
Mustafi

If we were at 100m budget and caught wind of the chance to get griezmann, the budget should be thrown out of the window to get what we need.

Wenger, board, Wenger and Board, whatever combo was responsible for the above, they've failed the club.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:36 pm

We dont know until Kroenke leaves, the glazers are certified shocking owners though and they didn't spend much whislt fergie was there, now they are spending huge money.

Maybe it will be the samee when wenger goes, at the end of the day wenger has always maintained money is available so if he said that the blame has to fall on him.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 pm

Özim wrote:Kroenke is the worst kind of owner, but as someone else alluded to, he's not going anywhere and noone can force him to. He doesn't even come to match and doens't live here, so protests would fall on deaf ears.

Frankly we're kinda screwed with this, the only club with two billionaires, one of which won't spend because he has no say and the other who won't spend because all he wants to do is make money and has no interest in the sporting side of the club.

I keep seeing this and honestly it's nonsense with all due respect.

5 years ago, any one of us would have laughed at the idea of a Wenger out banner. Media made little jokes but bigged him up generally due to the budget etc.

Today, boos, whistles and banners home and away in small measures but still.

If the window was done at Xhaka, every point lost will make it worse. This season, i reckon we have to win the PL to avoid more people moving to Wenger out.

He'll go, new manager comes in that no one has ties with or cares about too much. If they're shit and we still dick about in the windows, pressure will be on kronke massively. WOBs won't have AW to blame for everything, AKBs will fall in line with the majority because they've got no other popular opinion to follow and who the hell really likes or respects kronke anyway?

Once the support is against you and the pressure is on, he might not really want the constant bad press against him and his business interests.

I'm not even sure Americans protest for or against their teams to the same levels as European fans do, he could well be rattled by the scale of opposition.

Once everyone is blaming him and the board he may just accept an attractive Chinese offer i when it comes in.

Change always starts small.

One banner, one chant, one article, one result.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:44 pm

It's funny that the board didn't want the club to "fall into the wrong hands", yet they decided to sell their shares to a guy who self admittedly couldn't give a single f**k about the club or winning trophies

Nasri - "Cesc or me were supposed to leave. Arsene told me that if Cesc would leave, I would stay. But Kroenke wanted the money.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:48 pm

The thing is he can spend and make p at the same time , in the end it actually is better for him to spend, we are a better commercial entity being a challenging club. I think he would spend rather than leave.

If we keep f***ing about like this we will fall down the table rapid, besides the top 3, you got Liverpool spending and they have interest from rich chines investors,, west ham have a big stadium, spurs are increasing their stadium to more than us, Everton have a billionaire owner, then as Leicester proved with the knew money in the league which has only just started that you can compete.

If we lose ozil and Sanchez next summer more than likely it will be to pl teams for undervalued prices, we will be in disarray if we don't spend big how attractive will we be finishing 7th and 8th or worse, Kroenke will have to act.
Marsbar100

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 pm

Great parallel made with the Glaziers .... same money grabbing USA **** owners, or are they? .... for several years Utd spent just a 'reasonable' amount of money. not the obscene amount they spent before and are spending now ... everyone blamed the Yanks .... but wait, then Fergie left ... suddenly the Glaziers can't seem to spend it fast enough ... in his book AF says he wanted to develop another squad from the youth upwards, did he get the Arsene 'my way or no way' disease? he retired just before they fell apart ... sadly I think Arsene's has already left it to late ....

Now who feckin' knows if Kroenke will give a new manager bundles of cash ... but he's a businessman so buying assets in a market that's gaining 25% a year? well that makes feckin' good sense .... if we'd spent our 200m cash a couple of years ago, even if we'd bought 10 'gamble' players, and seven turned out to be dross, (see Spuds) we could still have shipped them out at a profit, and kept the three good ones ....

I don't know if Arsene leaving would open the wallet, maybe not, what I do know is that whilst Arsene remains at the helm our transfer policy is a joke, we sell good players cheap, buy rejects at top dollar, pay average players massive salaries and despite spending more on salaries than everyone outside the top three (and nearly double what the Spuds spend) our squad is nowhere near twice as good ... we need a change and it has to be the manager first ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:13 am

EliteKiller wrote:Great parallel made with the Glaziers .... same money grabbing USA **** owners, or are they? .... for several years Utd spent just a 'reasonable' amount of money. not the obscene amount they spent before and are spending now ... everyone blamed the Yanks .... but wait, then Fergie left ... suddenly the Glaziers can't seem to spend it fast enough ... in his book AF says he wanted to develop another squad from the youth upwards, did he get the Arsene 'my way or no way' disease? he retired just before they fell apart ... sadly I think Arsene's has already left it to late ....

Now who feckin' knows if Kroenke will give a new manager bundles of cash ... but he's a businessman so buying assets in a market that's gaining 25% a year? well that makes feckin' good sense .... if we'd spent our 200m cash a couple of years ago, even if we'd bought 10 'gamble' players, and seven turned out to be dross, (see Spuds) we could still have shipped them out at a profit, and kept the three good ones ....

I don't know if Arsene leaving would open the wallet, maybe not, what I do know is that whilst Arsene remains at the helm our transfer policy is a joke, we sell good players cheap, buy rejects at top dollar, pay average players massive salaries and despite spending more on salaries than everyone outside the top three (and nearly double what the Spuds spend) our squad is nowhere near twice as good ... we need a change and it has to be the manager first ...

Yep, it's the wages that kill us. How on earth is Walcott on the same as Ozil and Alexis? Players like this should be forced to prove they have the goods before being given this kind of money. When has Walcott ever been a 140k a week player?
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Denis_E » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:29 am

Zedie wrote:
Özim wrote:Kroenke is the worst kind of owner, but as someone else alluded to, he's not going anywhere and noone can force him to. He doesn't even come to match and doens't live here, so protests would fall on deaf ears.

I keep seeing this and honestly it's nonsense with all due respect.

5 years ago, any one of us would have laughed at the idea of a Wenger out banner. Media made little jokes but bigged him up generally due to the budget etc.

Today, boos, whistles and banners home and away in small measures but still.

If the window was done at Xhaka, every point lost will make it worse. This season, i reckon we have to win the PL to avoid more people moving to Wenger out.

He'll go, new manager comes in that no one has ties with or cares about too much. If they're shit and we still dick about in the windows, pressure will be on kronke massively. WOBs won't have AW to blame for everything, AKBs will fall in line with the majority because they've got no other popular opinion to follow and who the hell really likes or respects kronke anyway?

Once the support is against you and the pressure is on, he might not really want the constant bad press against him and his business interests.

I'm not even sure Americans protest for or against their teams to the same levels as European fans do, he could well be rattled by the scale of opposition.

Once everyone is blaming him and the board he may just accept an attractive Chinese offer i when it comes in.

Change always starts small.

One banner, one chant, one article, one result.

My goodness, this is pretty much the same forecast of events unfolding I outlined on the first page of this thread

f**k me sideways I never thought I'd actually agree with a zedie post :smartass:
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:54 am

alexafc12 wrote:It's funny that the board didn't want the club to "fall into the wrong hands", yet they decided to sell their shares to a guy who self admittedly couldn't give a single f**k about the club or winning trophies

Nasri - "Cesc or me were supposed to leave. Arsene told me that if Cesc would leave, I would stay. But Kroenke wanted the money.

Forgot Nasri said this.

#KroenkeExposed
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Massive c*** but people need to stop assuming that he prevents wenger from spending.
Marsbar100

Postby Rastayouth » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:42 am

Echoing others earlier in the thread, If this bloke in the vid is telling the truth, that's an absolute disgrace from the board. "Griezmann fee deemed to be too.large a business risk"

Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Slick » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:05 am

Just what I thought. Thanks a lot, Stan.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 am

alexafc12 wrote:It's funny that the board didn't want the club to "fall into the wrong hands", yet they decided to sell their shares to a guy who self admittedly couldn't give a single f**k about the club or winning trophies

Well then why didn't Wenger resign immediately? This is what I've always said about him. If it's the board and not him then he either resigns or takes full responsibility.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk