The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:48 pm

We're far from that, I mean total dissolution. But, in near future attaining a CL spot, and become a championship (PL, CL) caliber team looks far fetched.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:49 am

Nah, we are not that far. 5 or 6 of the right players and some defensive coaching and we will be there.

Did anyone see the Fiorentina game? I watched the highlights, fist thing I saw - Mustafi up the pitch and diving in to win a ball he didn't need to win. Didn't win it, exposed us immediately to a counter attack that led to a shot on goal.

This tells me that he is not being coached defensively, because if he was he would be told to stop doing that. Anyone that says he cant curb that is chatting bollox. When a player gets a yellow card they calm down generally from doing foolishness! They know how to control themselves.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:58 am

theHotHead wrote:Nah, we are not that far. 5 or 6 of the right players and some defensive coaching and we will be there.

Did anyone see the Fiorentina game? I watched the highlights, fist thing I saw - Mustafi up the pitch and diving in to win a ball he didn't need to win. Didn't win it, exposed us immediately to a counter attack that led to a shot on goal.

This tells me that he is not being coached defensively, because if he was he would be told to stop doing that. Anyone that says he cant curb that is chatting bollox. When a player gets a yellow card they calm down generally from doing foolishness! They know how to control themselves.

Hilarious you think that nobody has ever told Mustafi to stop doing that.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:13 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Nah, we are not that far. 5 or 6 of the right players and some defensive coaching and we will be there.

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:25 am

Luzh 22 wrote:

Hilarious that you think they have !! Even bloody kids remember it if you tell them to stop, so no, I don't think anyone has told him. The guy is not brain dead.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:29 am

theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Hilarious that you think they have !! Even bloody kids remember it if you tell them to stop, so no, I don't think anyone has told him. The guy is not brain dead.

Have you seen Mustafi defend? I think he's braindead.

No offence, but even if the manager hasn't told him by now, which is absolutely ridiculous to even think about, do you really think he hasn't seen one analyst or pundit tearing him to shreds for going for balls that he has no right to try and challenge?
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

No offence, but even if the manager hasn't told him by now, which is absolutely ridiculous to even think about, do you really think he hasn't seen one analyst or pundit tearing him to shreds for going for balls that he has no right to try and challenge?

Hes on Instagram iirc. All he has to do is read replies to his back on top posts and hes been made aware of it by millions.

Amazing to believe no one has told him this in his career tbf.

The far simpler explanation is that hes just not good enough and needs to be sold.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

It is well known that Wenger didn't coach players, he used to let them "get on with it and do their thing", this was confirmed by ex-players.

So we are left with Emery and our defending was WORSE last season than in 2017/18 - even though we had a rock solid new keeper, a solid new CB and a solid new DM. This is why I say it doesn't look like he has been coached or told to stop doing that diving in shit.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

It is well known that Wenger didn't coach players, he used to let them "get on with it and do their thing", this was confirmed by ex-players.

So we are left with Emery and our defending was WORSE last season than in 2017/18 - even though we had a rock solid new keeper, a solid new CB and a solid new DM. This is why I say it doesn't look like he has been coached or told to stop doing that diving in shit.

Robin van Persie praises Arsene Wenger and claims he is the best manager he has ever played for
https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/24/robin-va ... to=cbshare

Cesc Fabregas Hails Arsene Wenger as the 'Best Coach in the World' for Youngsters
https://www.90min.com/posts/1795439-ces ... youngsters
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:26 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

I can almost guarantee hes been doing it since little kickers under 5s classes, mans been told.

You cannot seriously expect him to have played at everton, Valencia, arsenal, germany and no one has told this dunce to stop diving into tackles?

Hes probably been coached by over 100 coaches in his life as a baller. Hes played alongside some top CBs and other players who arent shy, he has been told.

The fans abuse him for it on the regular ffs, you think he hears all of this and no one has told him? He probably tells himself just before going to ground.

His traits section on fifa and FM says 'likes to inexplicably dive in at inappropriate times'.

Mustafi will never learn that because his instinct takes over from his logic and he has a mini panic, which leads into him gambling on the tackle.

You can see it in his face every single time he has a brain fart.

Theres no helping this don.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

The mystery of coaching at Arsenal. I could never quite work out why nobody would tell Ramsey to stop bombing forwards so often leaving us exposed. I also couldn't understand why Walcott couldn't work out for himself that he needed to work harder on defending and tracking back or going back to playing more like a traditional winger and getting more involved with our build up play.

I really don't know how much one on one time each player gets or how much they pay attention to their critics. Musfti isn't the first. He may panic under pressure and he may actually think he's trying to do what the coach wants. Who knows.

But Hothead raises a good point about players that know how to control themselves when on a booking. I don't think he's ever been sent off for us.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Robin van Persie praises Arsene Wenger and claims he is the best manager he has ever played for

Cesc Fabregas Hails Arsene Wenger as the 'Best Coach in the World' for Youngsters

Mate those links are a complete joke!! Firstly RVP was recognised as one of the best young players in the world when we got him and you could see Fabregas' quality immediately in his first games. Both players would've become world class whoever was their manager.

Fabregas says Wenger is the best coach for young players, his reasoning, because you can make mistakes and he still picks you. So for 20 something years how many "decent" young players did he produce? Fabregas and RVP I will include because it highlights how shit he was. Who else? Cole, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott. 6 players for the so-called best coach for young players!!

What was RVP's reasoning? The atmosphere was nice and relaxed and enjoyable, stress free. Both RVP and Fabregas confirmed what we all knew, Wenger was a softie and a walkover who didn't put pressure on the players, he demanded nothing and avoided confrontation.

Wenger didn't do one on one coaching, he preferred to let players express themselves and to figtire problems out for themselves.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Even if you ignore Wenger's reign and mustafis time under him, your telling me he was never taught not to dive in at Valencia, German NT, at everton under Moyes etc?

Allow it.

Have you guys got any links to articles explaining how mr.USB Emery who looks at every single detail and gives out painfully detailed instructions, missed this glaring flaw in mustafis game?

Come on man.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Zedie, I am sure you have either gone to a little kiddies game or amateur footie matches, when you tell a player to "stand up" or not to dive in they tend to do it. When you are on the pitch and a teammate is faced with a situation you can talk them through it. "Go to the ball and stand up/jockey" they do it most of the time.

So how on earth is it that Mustafi is incapable of doing the same?

I hear what you are saying but I know nothing about Mustafi from Everton or Valencia, I was not following football much because I had fallen out of love with the game because of Wenger. But look at it like this; if you are telling me Mustafi was making these mistakes under other managers - before he came to Arsenal, who's bright idea was it to buy him in the first place?? Should've steered well clear of him. I suspect he wasn't making those mistakes thats why we bought him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:31 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Arsene Wenger, a great coach????
Lol, I've heard it all now.
:rofll:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk