The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 pm

We know money is being spent, but its the amount that we are pissed off over.

Last 2 seasons net spend for some select clubs, not including this summers signings.

Chelsea £224m
Man City £206m
Man Utd £165m
Everton £116m
Liverpool £100m
Wolves £63m
West Ham £61m
Arsenal £56m
Leicester £46m
Spurs £24m

Its no surprise that a lot of figures in the media are saying that leicester, west ham, wolves and everton have a chance at overtaking us in the table at some point.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Fran Solo wrote:I don't remember him saying anything about tickets, which I think is one of the most important issue. He talked quite a lot about transfer though. I think we should get one or two players soon and then he will use them as an example of how committed he is to the club's glory.

It wasnt a direct quote which is why I didnt put in quotations but he said it our job to come and support on the pitch. Basically wants us to continue paying champagne prices.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN has been against Wenger for years, probably before you.

I very much doubt it...and yes, Wenger fans put him above the club and made it easier for him to stay.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:I don't remember him saying anything about tickets, which I think is one of the most important issue. He talked quite a lot about transfer though. I think we should get one or two players soon and then he will use them as an example of how committed he is to the club's glory.

It wasnt a direct quote which is why I didnt put in quotations but he said it our job to come and support on the pitch. Basically wants us to continue paying champagne prices.

The open letter didn't mention anything about ticket prices being too high. It was a brief statement about the ticketing system needing to be improved so there aren't as many empty seats.

I thought the open letter to the Kroenke's wasn't well thought out. The stuff about a change of direction and appointments, clarifying our structure...we just had that interview with Raul and Vinai explaining our structure and plans along with recently announcing Edu's appointment. Wenger's gone, Gazidis has gone, Ljunberg is now with the senior team...the obvious response from Kroenke was going to be 'what the fluck are you guys talking about?'

There should have been a stronger emphasis on ticket prices in that letter. They also should have out right said that KSE needed to invest more money into the club if that's what they wanted. To me, it feels like the reported £45m budget is what has set us off along with seeing the transfer targets. It sucks optimism away from club during a time we should be hopeful and more positive.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Power n Glory wrote:The open letter didn't mention anything about ticket prices being too high. It was a brief statement about the ticketing system needing to be improved so there aren't as many empty seats.

Josh Kroenke said in a video on the arsenal website, that the fans should not get involved with the clubs finances and instead, should support on the pitch. I agree about them not mentioning ticket prices in the open letter, but they did say that our transfers lacked strategy, the board lacked strong members and how the club felt like an investment vehicle for Kroenke. I can disagree with any of that. All are important points.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN has been against Wenger for years, probably before you.

I very much doubt it...and yes, Wenger fans put him above the club and made it easier for him to stay.

I wouldn't doubt it if I were you lol
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:The open letter didn't mention anything about ticket prices being too high. It was a brief statement about the ticketing system needing to be improved so there aren't as many empty seats.

Josh Kroenke said in a video on the arsenal website, that the fans should not get involved with the clubs finances and instead, should support on the pitch. I agree about them not mentioning ticket prices in the open letter, but they did say that our transfers lacked strategy, the board lacked strong members and how the club felt like an investment vehicle for Kroenke. I can disagree with any of that. All are important points.

Josh kronke should remember who generates those self sustained funds that factor into his dads share price valuation.

Tbf it was a stupid stance to take. You never tell a football fan what their concerns should and shouldn't be. Whose he think hes talking to? His cattle?

f**k off you greasy haired c***.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:

On transfer strategy....is it case of us not having one or is it just fans disagreeing with our approach? Some would be happy for to us spend £80m on Zaha. Others wouldn't. Trying to sign young prospects that could become future stars is still a strategy even if we'd prefer more senior players that are ready to play now. But the window still isn't closed. I don't know if we can really talk about things working or not working. The strategy could have been to take it to deadline day where activity can speed up and prices drop.

I still maintain that this letter wouldn't have gone out if we had just spent silly money on a player or even £80m on Zaha. Alarm bells on ownership tend to ring most during slow transfer windows. The same could be said about us lacking direction, strategy and leadership even when we spend silly money. But those sort of conversations tend to happen after we've blown a massive hole in our budget and spent unwisely.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Reminds me of PHW's infamous "thank you for your interest in our affairs" comment
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:

On transfer strategy....is it case of us not having one or is it just fans disagreeing with our approach? Some would be happy for to us spend £80m on Zaha. Others wouldn't. Trying to sign young prospects that could become future stars is still a strategy even if we'd prefer more senior players that are ready to play now. But the window still isn't closed. I don't know if we can really talk about things working or not working. The strategy could have been to take it to deadline day where activity can speed up and prices drop.

I still maintain that this letter wouldn't have gone out if we had just spent silly money on a player or even £80m on Zaha. Alarm bells on ownership tend to ring most during slow transfer windows. The same could be said about us lacking direction, strategy and leadership even when we spend silly money. But those sort of conversations tend to happen after we've blown a massive hole in our budget and spent unwisely.

Only you are really pushing the sign zaha for 80m upfront narrative, practically everyone is ready to be pragmatic.

If they stick to 80m (would be a surprise tbh seeing as they asked that for bissaka and sold for 55m weeks later) its obvs too much right now and we should aggressively chase alternatives.

Having said that, we are obviously scrimping on an extra 5-10m upfront for tierney for example, so the funds would help.

Sealing:

Tierney
Everton or zaha
Ceballos (option to buy)
Starting CB for this season (ie not saliba)

Would be a step in the right direction. Getting everton and zaha would be a bigger step.

We've lived through slow windows for years, this isnt a new thing. A new thing would be actually completing all of these deals before deadline and not leaving us with deadwood or even worse 1 first team signing and a kid that wont play for us this season.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:55 pm

UFGN wrote:Reminds me of PHW's infamous "thank you for your interest in our affairs" comment

Bang on.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Zedie wrote:Josh kronke should remember who generates those self sustained funds that factor into his dads share price valuation.

Tbf it was a stupid stance to take. You never tell a football fan what their concerns should and shouldn't be. Whose he think hes talking to? His cattle?

and Zeddie should remember that Kroenke just spent 550m of his own money on Arsenal ... that he spent more than all the fans put together have spent on tickets in the last five years .... or that the TV companies now account for twice that of matchday revenue ... facts over fiction

But it wouldn't be a proper Zeddie rant if it wasn't based on unicorns and money trees ....

Fans should get behind the club, sure comment away on finance but don't throw a hissy fit when it's blindingly obvious that a lot of fans don't have the first clue about corporate finance ...

and have a bit more patience ... the whole entitled minority with their me,me,me and their now,now,now attitude is a cancer that's spreading to every corner of our society ... what happened to support "through thick and thin" .....

It took Wenger and Gazidis over a decade to wreck us, we should at least give the new guys a few years to put that right ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:51 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Zedie wrote:Josh kronke should remember who generates those self sustained funds that factor into his dads share price valuation.

and Zeddie should remember that Kroenke just spent 550m of his own money on Arsenal ... that he spent more than all the fans put together have spent on tickets in the last five years .... or that the TV companies now account for twice that of matchday revenue ... facts over fiction

But it wouldn't be a proper Zeddie rant if it wasn't based on unicorns and money trees ....

Fans should get behind the club, sure comment away on finance but don't throw a hissy fit when it's blindingly obvious that a lot of fans don't have the first clue about corporate finance ...

and have a bit more patience ... the whole entitled minority with their me,me,me and their now,now,now attitude is a cancer that's spreading to every corner of our society ... what happened to support "through thick and thin" .....

It took Wenger and Gazidis over a decade to wreck us, we should at least give the new guys a few years to put that right ....

You dont need to counter the truth with figures everytime I post mate, especially when it just further highlights how much admiration you have for a business model over your own football club trying to genuinely compete and win.

Kronke chose to spend 550 on us. If he didnt want to spend money on winning anything, he should have stuck to f***ing over american sports teams. Here in the prem, football clubs try to win things and that requires bullishness in the market and a willing to invest, something neither you or kronke seem to be interested in.

Who gives a shit how much he spent to stagnate our club other than you?

Him spending more than the fans have spent in the last 5 years when the vast majority of those fans have been funding the club for a lifetime. It's the fans that made it so attractive in the first f***ing place.

f***ing 5 years. Tell that to a 5 year old. You're speaking to his dad whose been following arsenal and financially supporting this club for decades along with millions of others and their parents and their parents before them all the way back to 1900s.

Finally, TV revenue accounts for twice as much as match day revenue? I guess he'll just shrug off a third of that total income bracket drying up like it's nothing then lol. I guess he could always put his hand in his pocket to cover that.

Just like most of your other posts defending kronke, it's a lot of figures skirting around the undeniable truth.

Unicorns and money trees ffs

You're the forums greatest smoke and mirror merchant.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 am

Zedie wrote:You dont need to counter the truth with figures everytime I post mate, especially when it just further highlights how much admiration you have for a business model over your own football club trying to genuinely compete and win.

Kronke chose to spend 550 on us. If he didnt want to spend money on winning anything, he should have stuck to f***ing over american sports teams. Here in the prem, football clubs try to win things and that requires bullishness in the market and a willing to invest, something neither you or kronke seem to be interested in.

Who gives a shit how much he spent to stagnate our club other than you?

Him spending more than the fans have spent in the last 5 years when the vast majority of those fans have been funding the club for a lifetime. It's the fans that made it so attractive in the first f***ing place.

f***ing 5 years. Tell that to a 5 year old. You're speaking to his dad whose been following arsenal and financially supporting this club for decades along with millions of others and their parents and their parents before them all the way back to 1900s.

Finally, TV revenue accounts for twice as much as match day revenue? I guess he'll just shrug off a third of that total income bracket drying up like it's nothing then lol. I guess he could always put his hand in his pocket to cover that.

Just like most of your other posts defending kronke, it's a lot of figures skirting around the undeniable truth.

Unicorns and money trees ffs

You're the forums greatest smoke and mirror merchant.

Sorry I used real facts and figures ... I know how much this annoys you ... just can't seem to get my head around using made up ones just to prove a ridiculous point ... but hey you stick with what works for you .....

I guess he'll just shrug off a third of that total income bracket drying up

A classic Zeddie unicorn ... Arsenal ticket income drying up = pure Zeddie fiction ...

Arsenal match-day income contributes 25% of our income (about 5% more than most of our rivals) why? because Arsenal can sell the highest price tickets due to sustained demand that has seen match-day revenue circa 100m even with the loss of CL football = actual real world fact
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:34 am

Zedie wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:

Only you are really pushing the sign zaha for 80m upfront narrative, practically everyone is ready to be pragmatic.

If they stick to 80m (would be a surprise tbh seeing as they asked that for bissaka and sold for 55m weeks later) its obvs too much right now and we should aggressively chase alternatives.

Having said that, we are obviously scrimping on an extra 5-10m upfront for tierney for example, so the funds would help.

Sealing:

Tierney
Everton or zaha
Ceballos (option to buy)
Starting CB for this season (ie not saliba)

Would be a step in the right direction. Getting everton and zaha would be a bigger step.

We've lived through slow windows for years, this isnt a new thing. A new thing would be actually completing all of these deals before deadline and not leaving us with deadwood or even worse 1 first team signing and a kid that wont play for us this season.

This is an open forum Zedie. I can see what you post on the Zaha thread.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31526&start=345

We should at least be trying instead of guarding our millions like a vagrant defending his last sip of super tenants.

10m plus 60m add ons isnt trying.

That was yesterday evening!

Anything over £40m is too much! We're in this mess because we have spent unwisely so I stand by what I have said above.

Also, I just noticed Gooner LK6's post breaking down how much we have spent over the last seasons and being pissed when looking at our reported budget for this season.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk