The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 03, 2021 10:57 am

tufnelltoughie wrote:According to the 'Current Bun' aka The Sun, Kroenke is prepared to sell the club for £1.7 billion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14829232 ... 1619946434

If EK really is interested in buying Arsenal, he could probably get it for around £1.5 billion, i'm sure he could afford that!

Usual BS from the Bun ... Kroenke considered selling the club two years ago for £1.7 billion when he needed finance for LA, but he restructured his debt instead and the club was never put up for sale.

Nice thought me having £1.5 billion but a few zeros too many I'm afraid ... wouldn't buy the club anyway, look at the shit the owners get, who in their right mind needs that?
Last edited by EliteKiller on Mon May 03, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
tufnelltoughie wrote:According to the 'Current Bun' aka The Sun, Kroenke is prepared to sell the club for £1.7 billion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14829232 ... 1619946434

If EK really is interested in buying Arsenal, he could probably get it for around £1.5 billion, i'm sure he could afford that!

Usual BS from the Bun ... Kroenke considered selling the club two years ago for £1.7 billion when he needed finance for LA, but he restructured his debt instead and the club was never put up for sale.

Nice thought me having £1.5 billion but a few zeros too many I'm afraid ... wouldn't by the club anyway, look at the shit the owners get, who in their right mind needs that?

Daniel EK
EK = EliteKiller
It all makes sense now. Watson grab my coat.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Anyone who gets so angry over sport that they feel inclined to riot and violently assault other people needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

It's pathetic.

I agree Phil, get angry I can identify with that but go out causing mayhem and hurting people is well out of order, fooking idiots.

This is the case for ANY protest, not just football fans. My thing about violence at protests is you have gone out with good intentions in support of a cause, then, for some, in the blink of an eye they are in trouble with a probable court cases and the chance to get a criminal record - or to add to your criminal record.

For some they don't have anything to lose so they are not bothered, if you look at the peeps that got onto the football pitch a lot of them were kids that thought it was funny. But it is those split second decisions that can set things in motion that will negatively affect you for the rest of your life.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 12:22 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:And you know f**k all about football but you claim to know so much. Your posts on the topic have proved as much. Im not condoning anything, I am telling you what is happening and why. You can deny it as much as you want, doesn't change the facts.

What in your opinion is happening? a load of drunken morons breaking into Old Trafford? slashing a policeman with a bottle, destroying property, firing flares at journalists - that's what happened so what did you see?

You pretend it was some high moral statement by a bunch of right minded reformists? you having a laugh? violence has no place at any protest even you must know that.

You are talking shit if you think that fans agree with you - the vast majority of all right thinking fans utterly condemn the moronic behaviour yesterday - if you think for even a second that billionaire owners will now give away their assets because of a few idiots - then you really are stupid.

So tell me again what happened ... and not just the imaginary 'heroics' in your pea-brained skull.

See, this is why you never win arguments with me because you chat foolishness. Show me where I condoned anything ? Tell me when I condoned any violence :lol:

Its incredible that you are incapable of separating emotion from fact. Its incredible also that you see one thing - women are not scary for example - and then come to a totally wrong conclusion - like I am sexist :lol:

So far you have not been right about anything EK! I sought to explain what was happening and why, I never once said it was right. Even in a court of law the "why" is important because it can show "mitigating circumstances", the why is very relevant.

You keep harping on about drunken morons, that's just a lazy narrative, it has nothing to do with being drunk, it has everything to do with being football fans. Some went out with the sole intention of causing trouble, the same thing happens when you think about marches where an anarchist element tags on with the intention of causing trouble.

What I have advocated for Arsenal are fans protest, not the placid placard waving shit you showed American fans doing, I want to see the hardcore fans singing disgusting songs making the atmosphere toxic. I want the fans to create an environment where its not fun to be around, thats when it will hit Kroenke in the pocket.

The rest of your drivel is not worth a response.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Did you not see the MoTD2 interview with the editor of the Man U fanzine? Shearer told him that only Man City have spent more on transfers than Man U since 2013 across Europe. The editor said some of the transfers had been poor/wrong and that they were still not spending all the money the club makes.

He then went on to say the Glazers have never been accepted, they saddled the club with debt and that their anger/dislike toward the Glazers is not being made up. Its real.

If you 2 don't get emotions running high at football it tells me you actually haven't gone to football matches as devoted fans, either that or you don't really have a temper and you are passive human beings. Nothing wrong with that but then you won't understand anything I am talking about.

Take AFTV, every one of the people that go on the show are regular people, I know fans that are actually like every single person on there, the measured, the deluded, the angry, the unhinged. If you think all fans are the "shrug their shoulders - oh well we lost" types, you are woefully out of touch

I used to think that football was everything.

Then I grew up.

And if you are the sort of person they get regularly on aftv then I don't know what to say.

Well exactly. Now you are actually agreeing with me but haven't realised!! To be clear, I never condoned the violence, I simply explained why the fans behave how they behave.

When I was around 20 I was hardcore, When Arsenal lost I used to get so upset that I couldn't even see my girlfriend that same day, cos I would be in a foul mood. I used to go to matches with this Im hard" attitude, with my mates, you felt invincible, you felt like you could do and say whatever you want. I won't lie, I was a bit of a trouble maker at football, happy and ready to scrap anytime.

But like you Phil I got older, I cringe when I think about my past behaviour!! Football isn't everything to me now, but it is to a lot of people coming up behind us, that's why I understand why they do what they do, I am not gonna be a hypocrite when I have been there myself.

The sort of people on AFTV are normal everyday fans, not sure why you think they are not representative, its not like they only have nutters on there.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 12:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Any protest that resorts to violence of any kind loses it's impetus.

TBH GR, that is a soundbite and probably the opposite of what is true these days.
We see protests for everything these days. It's like we're back in the 60's.
The only protests that get any real coverage and get talked about are the ones that turn violent or in some way obstructive, like getting football matches called off.
Not saying it is the right way of going about things, but in terms of bringing attention to an issue, it works - negative attention or not.

That is exactly what Carragher said!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:40 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Did you not see the MoTD2 interview with the editor of the Man U fanzine? Shearer told him that only Man City have spent more on transfers than Man U since 2013 across Europe. The editor said some of the transfers had been poor/wrong and that they were still not spending all the money the club makes.

He then went on to say the Glazers have never been accepted, they saddled the club with debt and that their anger/dislike toward the Glazers is not being made up. Its real.

If you 2 don't get emotions running high at football it tells me you actually haven't gone to football matches as devoted fans, either that or you don't really have a temper and you are passive human beings. Nothing wrong with that but then you won't understand anything I am talking about.

Take AFTV, every one of the people that go on the show are regular people, I know fans that are actually like every single person on there, the measured, the deluded, the angry, the unhinged. If you think all fans are the "shrug their shoulders - oh well we lost" types, you are woefully out of touch

Then I grew up.

And if you are the sort of person they get regularly on aftv then I don't know what to say.

Well exactly. Now you are actually agreeing with me but haven't realised!! To be clear, I never condoned the violence, I simply explained why the fans behave how they behave.

When I was around 20 I was hardcore, When Arsenal lost I used to get so upset that I couldn't even see my girlfriend that same day, cos I would be in a foul mood. I used to go to matches with this Im hard" attitude, with my mates, you felt invincible, you felt like you could do and say whatever you want. I won't lie, I was a bit of a trouble maker at football, happy and ready to scrap anytime.

But like you Phil I got older, I cringe when I think about my past behaviour!! Football isn't everything to me now, but it is to a lot of people coming up behind us, that's why I understand why they do what they do, I am not gonna be a hypocrite when I have been there myself.

The sort of people on AFTV are normal everyday fans, not sure why you think they are not representative, its not like they only have nutters on there.

I went to every home match for about 20 years, and most away games. They're not the sort of fans I used to go to football with. I still go occasionally. They're not the sort of fans I see when I go.

Most of them are embarrassing donuts.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Mon May 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Then I grew up.

I went to every home match for about 20 years, and most away games. They're not the sort of fans I used to go to football with. I still go occasionally. They're not the sort of fans I see when I go.

Most of them are embarrassing donuts.

Yes
They don’t reflect the fans I knew growing up either
There were softly spoken guys who you thought who you thought would not say boo to a goose who when it came on too at an away game would be marching on with the best of them
There were people who would take a bit of fruit to the game and sit eating like it was a picnic
There were guys that shouted at certain intervals that you could set your watch by
And there were others and I must say I was pretty much like this in my clock days for whom it was pretty impossible to shout as generally the hangover was so bad.
But what we all had in common was a burning passion for the gunners
It didn’t need the validation of a tv camera to tell the world how frustrated you were by a defeat or how happy you were because of a win
You put your Arsenal away in a little box to brought out next time Arsenal played.
It didn’t stop you loving them
They just had a healthy place in your life
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:See, this is why you never win arguments with me because you chat foolishness. Show me where I condoned anything ? Tell me when I condoned any violence :lol:

Its incredible that you are incapable of separating emotion from fact. Its incredible also that you see one thing - women are not scary for example - and then come to a totally wrong conclusion - like I am sexist :lol:

So far you have not been right about anything EK! I sought to explain what was happening and why, I never once said it was right. Even in a court of law the "why" is important because it can show "mitigating circumstances", the why is very relevant.

You keep harping on about drunken morons, that's just a lazy narrative, it has nothing to do with being drunk, it has everything to do with being football fans. Some went out with the sole intention of causing trouble, the same thing happens when you think about marches where an anarchist element tags on with the intention of causing trouble.

What I have advocated for Arsenal are fans protest, not the placid placard waving shit you showed American fans doing, I want to see the hardcore fans singing disgusting songs making the atmosphere toxic. I want the fans to create an environment where its not fun to be around, thats when it will hit Kroenke in the pocket.

You are all over the place - are you a teenager - read you own posts then realise what a dick you've been.

You advocated for Arsenal fans to behave like the morons at Old Trafford - now, after being called out as a moron yourself, you're pretending that criminal violence and ABH on a policeman isn't wrong but "has everything to do with being football fans"

NO IT DOES NOT - You are a dumb f**k advocating violence from behind your keyboard whilst trying to pretend there is justifiable mitigation. That moronic level of thinking is simply not worth anyone's time.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 2:35 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:See, this is why you never win arguments with me because you chat foolishness. Show me where I condoned anything ? Tell me when I condoned any violence :lol:

You are all over the place - are you a teenager - read you own posts then realise what a dick you've been.

You advocated for Arsenal fans to behave like the morons at Old Trafford - now, after being called out as a moron yourself, you're pretending that criminal violence and ABH on a policeman isn't wrong but "has everything to do with being football fans"

NO IT DOES NOT - You are a dumb f**k advocating violence from behind your keyboard whilst trying to pretend there is justifiable mitigation. That moronic level of thinking is simply not worth anyone's time.

EK, learn your lesson and simmer, you are making yourself look like a f***ing idiot moreso than usual.

You are confused, either you need to take your meds or stop taking them, whatever the case may be. Just so you can see how stupid you and your argument is, this all started on page 117, after you claimed protests won't make Kroenke sell, I wrote:
You can't compare the angst of angry football fans with fans of any US sport EK. Football fans smash shit up and lose their minds, Kroenke won't want to see continued violent protests - which we could easily get to.

This is a fact, as proven by events yesterday. Then you tried to prove there are violent protests in the US which were NOTHING of the sort! :rofll:

Then you got your knickers in a twist because I said there was no menace plus there were women at the front, you accused me of glorifying violence and being sexist, I said I had been on marches, you accused me of trying to be scary/hard :rofll:

I accused you of virtue signalling, I also told you that the bad element are still there in football, I provided a link that showed a big increase in violence at football, you then claimed I was trying to "big up football hooligans" :rofll:

I told you that you were acting like a little bitch. You tried to compare violence at politically motivated marches/rallies with football marches :rofll:

Now you accuse me of advocating fans acting like the Mancs did at Old Trafford. Provide the quote where I said Arsenal fans should smash shit up and attack police - or words to that effect. Shouldn't be difficult for you to do, after all, I am confused. Off you go, little bitch, go find it and report back.

What I said was fans need to march and protest, fans need to create a toxic environment, like how things were before Wenger left.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 03, 2021 2:39 pm

I expect a full apology by the morning EK. Chop chop.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 03, 2021 3:11 pm

theHotHead wrote:I expect a full apology by the morning EK. Chop chop.

You should apologise to every decent Arsenal fan for comparing us to those scum bags from up north ... despite your opinion of fellow fans most of us do not 'understand' violent protest in any way shape or form, we certainly do not want to copy it.

I don't give two fucks what you think - but at least apologise to everyone else.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dc16 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Henry on MNF right now.

He says Daniel EK is the real deal and a full takeover is "possible" if KSE are obviously willing to sell. He sees the approach as offering a solution with possibly more fan ownership and transparency regarding the running of the club.

Returning the Arsenal DNA to the club.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm

dc16 wrote:Henry on MNF right now.

He says Daniel EK is the real deal and a full takeover is "possible" if KSE are obviously willing to sell. He sees the approach as offering a solution with possibly more fan ownership and transparency regarding the running of the club.

Returning the Arsenal DNA to the club.

Fans have never really owned the club, save for a very small minority. It's always been an elite set of owners.

One share would cost about £30k.

I'd be happy with an owner or set of owners who like football and take an interest in what we're doing on the pitch.

Doesn't have to immediately be an Arsenal fan but that can come with time as Abrahamovic did at Chelsea.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Mon May 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Jedi wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Any protest that resorts to violence of any kind loses it's impetus.

Any protest big enough will have a few incidents of violence. Like someone said previously, the actions of the minority shouldn't overshadow the peaceful majority. I don't know why anyone would focus on that unless they're a bootlicker for the Glazers.

As Carra and Neville stated, there will be some deliquents in protests who will tarnish the emotion behind such protests. It doesn't disqualify the idea in itself.

Like Arsenal fans with the Kroenkes, ManU fans had attempted to reach out to the Glazers. This was the last resort. These billionaires would never pay any heed to peaceful talks or discussions. They don't want to be transparent or answerable to anyone. They left the fans with no choice.

The fact that Henry, Carragher, Neville, Keane, etc. are openly backing these protests should tell you all.

There's no way Kroenke agrees to sell, or is willing to accept fans as active stakeholders without some sort of a revolution.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk