Shkodran Mustafi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Shkodran Mustafi (20)

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:I honestly think chambers is worse.

I think Chambers is more consistent; not as many great games that Mustafi does have on occasion, but also nowhere near as many shockers.

His awareness shocks me tbh. I just feel we are fully at the oppositions mercy every time hes on the pitch at CB.

I certainly don't feel particularly confident with him in the side.

We're in a bit of a sticky spot with HG players now that Iwobi's gone. We might need to keep Chambers around for a while.

Surely medley Nelson ESR and Wilock push us over the limit comfortably?

What is the count now
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Stop arguing who is more shit out of chambers and mustafi. Neither are good enough.

Its Sokratis, Holding and Luiz as our first three. The others are just treading water until Saliba arrives.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Stop arguing who is more shit out of chambers and mustafi. Neither are good enough.

Its Sokratis, Holding and Luiz as our first three. The others are just treading water until Saliba arrives.

And upamencoooooooooooooooooooooooo
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Zedie wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Stop arguing who is more shit out of chambers and mustafi. Neither are good enough.

And upamencoooooooooooooooooooooooo
Don't do it to me mate. I'd be chuffed to bits with David Luiz if we hadn't been linked to Upamecano. Still delighted with the window but there is just that slight disappointment that its Luiz instead of Upa.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Bet youve literally never even watched him play a full match
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:14 am

Zedie wrote:
Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:I honestly think chambers is worse.

I think Chambers is more consistent; not as many great games that Mustafi does have on occasion, but also nowhere near as many shockers.

His awareness shocks me tbh. I just feel we are fully at the oppositions mercy every time hes on the pitch at CB.

I certainly don't feel particularly confident with him in the side.

We're in a bit of a sticky spot with HG players now that Iwobi's gone. We might need to keep Chambers around for a while.

Surely medley Nelson ESR and Wilock push us over the limit comfortably?

What is the count now

Martinez
Bellerin
Chambers
Holding
Maitland-Niles

These are our over 21 players, so I guess the young lads will be required to step up and make the grade - or we'll need to buy English again.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:31 am

Premier League teams are allowed to have 17 non-homegrown players from a squad of maximum 25 players.

This means that every Premier League team needs to register at least 8 homegrown players in their 2019/20 Premier League squad.

Arsenal's homegrown players are -

1. Martínez
2. Bellerín
3. Chambers
4. Holding
5. Maitland-Niles

This means we need to include 3 more homegrown players in our Premier League squad.

As it stands Nelson, Smith-Rowe and Willock look the most likely to be included whilst Saka and Medley don't look impossible either.

Not impossible, as one of Nelson/ESR/Willock could technically still be sold or sent out on loan to a club abroad.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:55 am

Zenith wrote:Premier League teams are allowed to have 17 non-homegrown players from a squad of maximum 25 players.

This means that every Premier League team needs to register at least 8 homegrown players in their 2019/20 Premier League squad.

1. Martínez
2. Bellerín
3. Chambers
4. Holding
5. Maitland-Niles

This means we need to include 3 more homegrown players in our Premier League squad.

As it stands Nelson, Smith-Rowe and Willock look the most likely to be included whilst Saka and Medley don't look impossible either.

Not impossible, as one of Nelson/ESR/Willock could technically still be sold or sent out on loan to a club abroad.

Fine for now, but might be problematic down the road if/ when we sell Chambers and Martinez. We should at least be better off when we sell some of the foreign players we don't need anymore (Elneny and Mustafi for a start).
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 am

Zenith wrote:Premier League teams are allowed to have 17 non-homegrown players from a squad of maximum 25 players.

1. Martínez
2. Bellerín
3. Chambers
4. Holding
5. Maitland-Niles

What's the penalty if we don't meet the quota?

I feel like the Homegrown "rule" is like FFP: bullshit that won't be enforced if a team breaches it.

Probably some paltry fine.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:26 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

1. Martínez
2. Bellerín
3. Chambers
4. Holding
5. Maitland-Niles

I feel like the Homegrown "rule" is like FFP: bullshit that won't be enforced if a team breaches it.

It's less of a penalty and more of a restriction. We can only register 17 non-homegrown players over 21, so we'll always have to supplement our squad with homegrown players. If we are at that 17 player limit and then want to sell someone like Chambers, for example, we can't replace him with a non-HG player unless we sell one of the 17 we already have.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:29 am

^ Correct.

Just would like to add that, in essence, the limit of 17 non-homegrown players can not be exceeded.

This means that technically you can submit a 17-man squad of non-homegrown players without submitting a single homegrown player.

Just like you can submit a squad of 17 non-homegrown players and 1 homegrown player. (or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8).

Additionally you can use an unlimited number of academy players at any point during the Premier League season.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:32 am

Zenith wrote:^ Correct.

Just would like to add that, in essence, the limit of 17 non-homegrown players can not be exceeded.

This means that technically you can submit a 17-man squad of non-homegrown players without submitting a single homegrown player.

Just like you can submit a squad of 17 non-homegrown players and 1 homegrown player. (or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8).

Additionally you can use an unlimited number of academy players at any point during the Premier League season.

Yep, exactly. It's more of a foreign player limit.

We've sold so many homegrown players in the past couple of years though - Szczesny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Coquelin Ox, Iwobi, Ramsey...

Some pressure now on this current crop to come through and become first team players.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:34 am

Callum wrote:Yep, exactly. It's more of a foreign player limit.

The FA is xenophobic tbh
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:47 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

1. Martínez
2. Bellerín
3. Chambers
4. Holding
5. Maitland-Niles

Never really paid attention to it. You never hear anything about it from other clubs. City buy god knows how many players yet like ffp this is just bs
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Callum wrote:Yep, exactly. It's more of a foreign player limit.

The FA is xenophobic tbh

Brexit means Brexit.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football