Shkodran Mustafi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Shkodran Mustafi (20)

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Credit where credits due, Mustafi was the best defender on the pitch against Fulham, and at one point I was only 6 inches away from the screen in scrutinising that it was actually him, and got told I sounded like Butch and Sundance after muttering 'who the hell is this guy' for the fifth time.

After a couple of duels with Mitrovich where he came away leaving the big Serbian like a little boy put on the naughty step, I will admit to doing a quick search around the house looking for giant green pods, and even stayed awake until the early hours of yesterday morning.

Maybe Emery has got him listening to Eminem's real slim shady, 'cos the real defender within Mustafi definitely did stand up.

I was at the point where only Papa, Kos, Holding and Mav made sense to invest any time and effort in molding effective central defensive partnerships with, but if Mussy is gonna bring that to the party week in week out, then I'll gladly take 2 dozen eggs right in the mush, no problem.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:41 pm

He’s definitely a great defender........but for most games, only 99% of the match. He then manages to ruin a good display with something stupid.

But....if Emery can improve his concentration levels, then fantastic!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Dont rate him at all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 pm

He's been ok. Gong through the koscielny stage atm of looking good then making a mistake which ruins his performance. Kos never grew out of that. Hope Mustafi does.

Holding looks pretty good. Sokratis is a beast. That should be our first 2 CBs
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Dejan wrote:Dont rate him at all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

The thing about a great defender is that they don't really stand out, because their performances are based on positioning, timing and doing things simply. They can do that for a whole game and then get remembered for losing their concentration and making a silly mistake. That is Mustafi currently.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Zedie wrote:
Ach wrote:
Arsenal's Germany defender Shkodran Mustafi could be fined by the Football Association for his goal celebration after he opened the scoring against Cardiff on Sunday. (Mirror)

What did he do?

Did the Albanian eagle at xhaka. Not sure what the fuss is tbh

Likewise, I dunno what the fuss is, its not like he did a Hitler salute, why can't he do the symbol of Albania??
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Why the f**k did he not foul the man in the lead up to the 2nd goal? If you commit as a CB and you don't win the ball during a counter you take the man out. Just like Guendouzi did at the end.

Amateur hour
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:33 pm

I thought he was awful today.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Liability sadly.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Fenice » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Pudpop wrote:Why the f**k did he not foul the man in the lead up to the 2nd goal? If you commit as a CB and you don't win the ball during a counter you take the man out. Just like Guendouzi did at the end.

Amateur hour

Solid point here... and Guendouzi is a child. Mustafi should know better.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:39 pm

Sokratis - Holding
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Mustafi's foul was even more inexcusable as he's an actual defender and the player was with his back to goal posing negligible threat.

How many times have we had this conversation about Mustafi going full r***rd?

In addition to his proneness to losing his marbles, Mustafi has this extremely unpleasant habit of blaming/gesticulating toward his team mates when he, and only he is to blame for an instance that occurred previously.

I don't care how poor a player is, as long as he gives it his all and shows discipline.

However...

When it is becomes apparent he can not be arsed learning from his previous errors and constantly tries to shift the blame to someone else, he deserves no sympathy.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Considering how well Holding played today in comparison I really hope we don't see Mustafi against Liverpool.

Just not good enough
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Zenith wrote:Mustafi's foul was even more inexcusable as he's an actual defender and the player was with his back to goal posing negligible threat.

In addition to his proneness to losing his marbles, Mustafi has this extremely unpleasant habit of blaming/gesticulating toward his team mates when he, and only he is to blame for an instance that occurred previously.

I don't care how poor a player is, as long as he gives it his all and shows discipline.

However...

When it is becomes apparent he can not be arsed learning from his previous errors and constantly tries to shift the blame to someone else, he deserves no sympathy.

This.

He goes brain dead at times and goes to the ground too much, even in training.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sydney Gooner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Zenith wrote:Mustafi's foul was even more inexcusable as he's an actual defender and the player was with his back to goal posing negligible threat.

However...

He needs to be sold at the end of this season.
Sydney Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to World Football