Shkodran Mustafi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Shkodran Mustafi (20)

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Yo do have to think a better player wouldn’t have given away that penalty. Unless it’s a last ditch tackle to stop a certain goal, you don’t make reckless challenges in the box. So once again his recent good performances have been forgotten because he makes another stupid error. It’s s real pity because for 95% of his games he’s a great player.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby knowledge93 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:22 am

I just don't get why he always has a rush of blood out of nowhere. He could be having an alright game then out of nowhere he'll do something stupid. The one time he needed to foul to stop the counter, he left the guy through without challenging him. He needs to go.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby coolaa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:14 am

I actually want to see mustafi to be the backup right back for Bellerin. I reckon he is faster and stronger in the air then lichtsteiner
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:12 am

Can we sell him for anything ≥ £15m in January itself?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:03 am

We have had a habit of keeping players for too long. Holding and Bellerin have showed an improvement in consistency under Emery, Bellerin still needs to improve defensively but at least we can all see an improvement. Is it because they are young ?

Mustafi is still hit n miss, how can a player of his experience be so inconsistent ! It may we ll be that Mustafi will be shipped out at the end of the season. The idiocy of the professional footballer, poor decision making. When you think of the great defenders, the fair ones (not the dirty bastards), your Costacurtas, Maldinis, they knew when to stand up, when to dive in but very very rarely gave away stupid unnecessary fouls.

I remember being at Highbury for Arsenal v AC Milan and I was mesmerised by the skill and timing of them both, they showed me that, in fact, the skill and movement of a defender is as good as those of top attackers.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:11 pm

From watching him at Valencia where he was very good indeed (hence us not being the only ones interested in recruiting him and having to pay strong money) to his first two seasons with us which varied from the polar opposite of his Valencia exploits to above average at best, Mustafi has become the player we've known only too well over the years, the defensive liability.

That he is good enough to be a world cup winning German defender competing with the likes of Hummels and Rudiger makes it all the more baffling, especially as he doesn't give the impression of being slow on the up take.

However, whilst he may come across as a genuine good bloke who is popular within the squad and does possess the technical ability to be the dogs, he lacks the instinct.

He doesn't have that natural defensive fibre that's patently visible from the likes of a Baresi, Keown, Terry, Kompany or Vidic. Some things you can be coached and drilled into, other things you can't and have to bring to the table yourself.

Watching him against Fulham the other week and the way he effectively dispatched Mitrovic (who had been bullying a few centre backs up until then) from the game with consummate ease had me thinking that this was finally his watershed moment and the Valencia Mustafi was here to stay but...

He has allowed Holding the opportunity to surpass him and the young Englishman has taken it. Add to this the belief of many including myself that Mavropanos looks the better of the two inexperienced centre backs, along with Koschielny returning fully fit, and Mustafi is effectively playing his way out of the club instead of being primed to succeed his two thirty something colleagues and see them off into retirement. Chances are that they'll be at his leaving do instead.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:29 pm

I thought he was really unpopular within the squad?

Lacazette hates him I swear lmao. When they were warming up vs Sporting it was those 2 and Ozil...Mustafi kept trying tricks and f***ing it up, Laca was constantly waving his arms like Sanchez :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:36 pm

Santi wrote:I thought he was really unpopular within the squad?

Lacazette hates him I swear lmao. When they were warming up vs Sporting it was those 2 and Ozil...Mustafi kept trying tricks and f***ing it up, Laca was constantly waving his arms like Sanchez [emoji38]
When I watch the training videos I keep getting the feeling he's that one guy who just overdose all the inside jokes to the point where he ruins them
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Think he’s shown some improvement this season tbh. Although still has tendency for brain farts
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Excellent today.

Such an enigma.

If he could erase the inexcusable errors he makes here and there, he would be quality.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby fredd1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Superb today agree totally
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 am

Phenomenal today

H durysnelt it can’t be counted on
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Pudpop » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:12 am

Has a brilliant game, still in holdings shadow.

Enough said really
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:55 am

Wouldnt say brilliant. 1 half average because liverpool had several easy chances.

Great 2nd half. Quality passes

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 am

Pudpop wrote:Has a brilliant game, still in holdings shadow.

Enough said really

He was better than holding andis better player. Will he make more errors? Yes...but mustafi will also make far more goal saving defending
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football