Shkodran Mustafi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Shkodran Mustafi (20)

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 pm

I check this thread every day with the hopes of seeing credible rumours of Mustafi's departure.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby BS221B » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Gazidis interested in his prince Mustafi for Milan but rumours say that he is signing Lovren for €20m from Liverpool.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:07 am

I’m deathly afraid we get stuck with him another season.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 am

Someone needs to be sacked if our deadweight is not sold!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Re: Shkodran Mustafi

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:25 am

Mike Dean wrote:YES PLEASE!

Mobile, good positional sense, good size, and good in air on defense and set pieces on offense.

German and a regular inclusion in national team, so it goes without saying he is disciplined.

I hate to drag out old posts, but it's worth noting that most things said in this post are at least somewhat accurate. However, each of Mustafi's good attributes is overshadowed by his inexplicable lapses in concentration. It's like his brain switches off regularly, causing him to make atrocious errors.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby BrunelGooner » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:27 am

theHotHead wrote:Someone needs to be sacked if our deadweight is not sold!!

Easier said than done. He is on a rumoured £90k per week.

Which club in their right mind is going to pay those wages to a player who has made as many high-profile mistakes as him?

Unless we can find a club to loan him out to, no-one should be surprised if he is still at the club next season.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 am

BrunelGooner wrote:

Which club in their right mind is going to pay those wages to a player who has made as many high-profile mistakes as him?

Unless we can find a club to loan him out to, no-one should be surprised if he is still at the club next season.

If the wages are too high simply ask for no fee or a nominal fee. Then the buying club will be more agreeable to paying the wages

How long left on his contract? Get rid of him and you save £4.5M a year
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby BrunelGooner » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 am

UFGN wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

If the wages are too high simply ask for no fee or a nominal fee. Then the buying club will be more agreeable to paying the wages

Don't get me wrong, I want him to leave no matter what, but it's easier said than done when he's on that sort of money and we paid £35m for him. There's no way the club would be willing to accept anything more than a £15m loss on him at absolute best. His agent will also want a slice of the pie too, so that has to be taken into consideration.

Also, if the player is comfortable with where he is - in London, family settled, on big money etc - then trying to force him out becomes twice as hard.

Getting rid of him isn't going to be easy.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:10 am

BrunelGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I want him to leave no matter what, but it's easier said than done when he's on that sort of money and we paid £35m for him. There's no way the club would be willing to accept anything more than a £15m loss on him at absolute best. His agent will also want a slice of the pie too, so that has to be taken into consideration.

Also, if the player is comfortable with where he is - in London, family settled, on big money etc - then trying to force him out becomes twice as hard.

Thanks for reminding me that we paid 35M for him. And apparently we have no money. My god
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Whoever was responsible for bringing this clown Mustaf in must have been on magic mushrooms.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm

UFGN wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

Thanks for reminding me that we paid 35M for him. And apparently we have no money. My god

Dude, what are you talking about?

For some reason beyond our understanding, West Ham United have a bigger budget than Arsenal. We will need to study the Big Bang to understand why a UCL team like West Ham have a bigger budget than peasant mid-table side Arsenal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby themessiah » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Emeryates » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:53 pm

themessiah wrote:

Jesus, imagine having to watch six seasons of Mustafi playing to make 2 minutes of footage
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Angelito wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

Dude, what are you talking about?

For some reason beyond our understanding, West Ham United have a bigger budget than Arsenal. We will need to study the Big Bang to understand why a UCL team like West Ham have a bigger budget than peasant mid-table side Arsenal.

It's probably because we've wasted so much money on utter rubbish - like £75m for Mustafi and Xhaka.
We should not be worrying about budget and instead focusing more on the actual quality of the player - and there are always £5-£10m players available that are better than the so called stars that are invariably way way over rated.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 am

Whoever decided to spend £70m+ on Mustafi and Xhaka should be made to take a lie detector test, I suspect someone was on the take with those deals!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football