Shkodran Mustafi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Shkodran Mustafi (20)

Postby Mess » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:54 pm

alexafc12 wrote:If he’s being sold then the rumours of the board only willing to sanction loan deals because of a concern on Unais judgment could be true ...

Understand we receive a 25m bid for Mustafi in the summer. Board were happy to accept with Diallo the preferred replacement of Sven.

However Unai requested he stay because of concerns over Kos fitness and inexperience of other defenders.

In the end Unai convinced board to reject offer and focus was switched to buying experience.

Sokratis was signed, upon recommendation of Sven and then Unai was granted his wish of bringing Lichsteiner in - who he identified as the leader Arsenal were missing.

Unai fan boys will attack me but that’s the truth. Lichstafi was Unais idea of the perfect blend between youth & experience.

Shocking

I would love to have a seat on the Arsenal board and have those insider informations as well. Lucky guy! Please post again once you exit the next board meeting.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:29 pm

You should listen to BBC 5 Radio - Ornstein has a regular slot where he talks everything Arsenal in-depth
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BrunelGooner » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am

alexafc12 wrote:You should listen to BBC 5 Radio - Ornstein has a regular slot where he talks everything Arsenal in-depth

Where's the link/source of Ornstein saying any of that though? Genuine question as I can't remember it or I haven't come across it.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Best wum ever. Alex is hilarious. Ornstein never said that ffs
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm

I'll be slightly controversial here, i don't think Mustafi is as bad as he looks, his La Liga interception numbers were brilliant, the problem is (a obvious problem) is that pretty much all of our players are forward thinking and terrible at defending, so he's kinda exposed.

I may be way off, but i wonder if we swapped out for say Manolas or De Ligt, whether we would be in the same situation if we did not sort out the rest of the team.

I'm not a Mustafi supporter in anyway, i just wonder if functionality is the problem more than anything else, its really hard to deal with pacey wingers and counters when all of your team is at the other end of the pitch and not getting back (Ramsey and Ozil are two notables, Kolasinac and Xhaka are also bloody awful at defending, and Lichtsteiner should not be playing at all, Bellerin is often way to high up pitch, etc etc even i nthe invincibles Bobby and Freddie would get back).

Attack is not the best form of defence and to get away with it, you need a special set of defenders like Liverpool have.

If he is sold, and i think he will be because the fans are on his back and hes lost his confidence, we may not be better off.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:12 pm

the worst Muslim since osama bin laden
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Be better of playing an ape
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Walking fooking nightmare
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Cost us that game effectively.

Even with the offside its just another example of this clown show called Mustafi.

Sell.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:58 pm

We always joke about Silvestre, Cygan, Squillaci, Senderos, Stepanovs, etc.

Relative to transfer fee and without neglecting to take into account market inflation, he's a worse signing than all of them.

It's not even for a lack of talent or physical presence. Just horrible concentration and discipline causing him to make the same basic mistakes over and over again.

Also, his body language often leaves a lot to be desired - almost seems to hate being a defender.

Musti needs a fresh start elsewhere. Both parties would benefit from parting ways in the summer imo.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby swipe right » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:15 am

Gazidis statDNA signing. So much for bloody analytics.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:18 am

A Wenger signing

Dear god
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 am

MUSTAFI OUT
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Zenith wrote:We always joke about Silvestre, Cygan, Squillaci, Senderos, Stepanovs, etc.

Relative to transfer fee and without neglecting to take into account market inflation, he's a worse signing than all of them.

It's not even for a lack of talent or physical presence. Just horrible concentration and discipline causing him to make the same basic mistakes over and over again.

Also, his body language often leaves a lot to be desired - almost seems to hate being a defender.

Musti needs a fresh start elsewhere. Both parties would benefit from parting ways in the summer imo.

Good point and tbf Senderos got us to a champions league final, Mustafi could never even playing in a top side like senders did at the time
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Yup, Senderos had some cracking games for us, the no-nonsense defender we have missed for years.

To address Suprnova's point, Mustafi probably looked good in Spain because the pace of the game there is slower, here he is either too early - so misjudges tackles/interceptions, or is waaay too late and looks amateurish. Sometimes he gets it right and looks like a decent defender.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football