Rob Holding joins Crystal Palace

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:02 am

he was out for a long time, he'll spend a month with the u21's before featuring in our first team imo
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jedi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 pm

news from arsenal.com.

Out for 6 to 9 months.

ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament, whatever that means.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby BexleyGooner » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Hopefully Kos is ready to go. Either that or we go to a back four again and hopefully get a CB in January. Don’t want any makeshift CB’s in there.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 pm

ffs looked like such a non-event when he went down as well

poor bastard hope he recovers well and comes back in the same form cos he was playing well.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 pm

I hope injuries don't kill our season.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Poor f***er

Worst it happened at Old Trafford seeing as he’s a United fan born and bred and probably wanted to play there for ages, and it was over prematurely thanks to a serious injury
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Rockape » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Jedi wrote:news from arsenal.com.

Out for 6 to 9 months.

ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament, whatever that means.

It’s the ligament that holds the bottom half of your leg to the top half. People snap them skiing usually.

Rashford took Holding out in an appalling attempt at a tackle....just wiped him out and it was obvious to me immediately that he would be lucky to avoid a serious injury. Rashford didn’t even get booked which was just as shocking. Not happy! :shout:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby island_gunner » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:04 am

Santi wrote:ffs looked like such a non-event when he went down as well

poor bastard hope he recovers well and comes back in the same form cos he was playing well.

It's such a cheap play done so often in football, that nudge on the touch line when the opposing player can't get the ball smh
I really enjoyed how he's been developing/playing. I'm a big NFL n NBA guy and ACL tears is a regular injury and that 6-9 months timeline is when the player can begin activity not be actually game ready so next August he probably might not be his regular self yet :BangHead:
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby haklenda » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:02 pm

As soon as it started to break high quality parties, there was an injury. Get well soon!
haklenda
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:48 am

island_gunner wrote:
Santi wrote:ffs looked like such a non-event when he went down as well

It's such a cheap play done so often in football, that nudge on the touch line when the opposing player can't get the ball smh
I really enjoyed how he's been developing/playing. I'm a big NFL n NBA guy and ACL tears is a regular injury and that 6-9 months timeline is when the player can begin activity not be actually game ready so next August he probably might not be his regular self yet :BangHead:

Yeah, he's gonna be out closer to a year. ACL tear is pretty much the injury you don't want. It would've been worse if he were an offensive player and relied on explosiveness.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55 am

Arsenal will offer central defender Rob Holding a new deal, despite the player suffering from a long-term injury, according to the Mirror.

23-year-old will likely be out until September after sustaining cruciate knee ligament damage late last year.

However, he was in excellent form in the period leading up to his last game, and boss Unai Emery is looking to reward him for his fine performances.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 pm

The only player we have comfortable playing the ball out at the moment, possibly with Chambers having the potential to come back if we don't sell him.

I think even if we did get a player like Manolas to pair with Sokratis, we would still need this guy in a back 3 for it to work properly in the way Emery wants us to play (playing it out from the back), otherwise we are going to make a lot of mistakes (as we have been since he has been injured).

We need a Toure to pair with our Campbell types.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Suprnova wrote:The only player we have comfortable playing the ball out at the moment, possibly with Chambers having the potential to come back if we don't sell him.

I think even if we did get a player like Manolas to pair with Sokratis, we would still need this guy in a back 3 for it to work properly in the way Emery wants us to play (playing it out from the back), otherwise we are going to make a lot of mistakes (as we have been since he has been injured).

Mavropanos aswell
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby coolaa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 am

Serious, cannot see how ppl can still rate chambers as a decent CB for the top 6. No pace, no height , no size. A player like Sokratis is a minimum require to be a decent CB for a top 6 club.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby NovaGB » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 am

KG3 wrote:
Suprnova wrote:The only player we have comfortable playing the ball out at the moment, possibly with Chambers having the potential to come back if we don't sell him.

Mavropanos aswell

Yeah is Dinos not a more tradition cb? Ie more campbell than Toure, more Stam/Vidic than Ferdinand? So i dunno what his passing will be like.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football