Rob Holding joins Crystal Palace

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:18 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:For me he's part of that garbage dead wood we're trying to get rid of.

When he and Davis collided and Davis pushed him twice and Holding did nothing, then when the ref had a word with Davis, Holding went over and told the ref it was fine while Davis just looked at him and walked off with a bad look on his face.

Holding is an overly nice, proper melt who doesn't have the fight of Gabriel or the new team players, he's everything that was wrong with the previous first 11.

Give Holding a break. He’s done an amazing job at totally changing himself with that hair. You can’t expect him to risk it all by getting into confrontations on the pitch. What if he messes it up? Davis could have done a lot of damage there. Give him some time until the roots have taken properly.

I mentioned his hair about four weeks ago noone seems to havenoticed but us!!!!
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:18 am

Reiss wrote:Garbage.

Get rid to a dumb, desperate club like Newcastle.

He's been a disappointment. Really limited on defence and can't play out from the back.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:21 am

Right form the start I never rated Holding or Chambers for that matter.
Last edited by Goonerred on Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 am

Reiss wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

He's been a disappointment. Really limited on defence and can't play out from the back.

He looks like a £2m player.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:08 am

To be fair to him, he's done really well at times, but really can't argue with any of the above comments after yesterdays performance. Having said that, no one came in and did well....even Saka was a shadow of his normal self.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:35 am

Rockape wrote:To be fair to him, he's done really well at times, but really can't argue with any of the above comments after yesterdays performance. Having said that, no one came in and did well....even Saka was a shadow of his normal self.

To be fair, you want a player who only does badly at times and the rest of the time is consistently good. I don't know why we've held onto him for so long nor given him a contract extension recently. If you want to compete with the likes of Pool and Chelsea, maybe a rejuvenated United, you don't have the likes of Holding in your squad let alone playing more cosistent first team football until recently. Others may disagree, but that's my take on it.
Goonerred

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:09 am

Rockape wrote:To be fair to him, he's done really well at times, but really can't argue with any of the above comments after yesterdays performance. Having said that, no one came in and did well....even Saka was a shadow of his normal self.

He definitely wasn't the only one and eventually we'll need better replacements for the majority of the backline. Having good technical players and passers at the back seems to be key to whatever Artea is trying to do.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:39 am

Power n Glory wrote:

He definitely wasn't the only one and eventually we'll need better replacements for the majority of the backline. Having good technical players and passers at the back seems to be key to whatever Artea is trying to do.

You mean the back ups?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NJ_Gunner » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:19 pm

We don’t score against Forest and you guys wanna talk bad about this guy? Just stop lol. He’s 3rd choice CB. Get a grip.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:28 pm

NJ_Gunner wrote:We don’t score against Forest and you guys wanna talk bad about this guy? Just stop lol. He’s 3rd choice CB. Get a grip.

Fair point.

Our problem was not the defence yesterday which actually held Forest to very few chances.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:49 pm

NJ_Gunner wrote:We don’t score against Forest and you guys wanna talk bad about this guy? Just stop lol. He’s 3rd choice CB. Get a grip.

Being able to build from the back seems to play a major part in Arteta's strategy. A 3rd choice CB shouldn't be a major factor but it can be. Also thought he was poor for his Man City cameo. He wasn't the only problem yesterday but we have to start addressing it at an individual level. Nketiah probably won't be here for much longer and is probably a 3rd/4th choice player whilst here but besides him, we had Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard in our attack. I wouldn’t say it was just an attacking issue.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:For me he's part of that garbage dead wood we're trying to get rid of.

When he and Davis collided and Davis pushed him twice and Holding did nothing, then when the ref had a word with Davis, Holding went over and told the ref it was fine while Davis just looked at him and walked off with a bad look on his face.

Holding is an overly nice, proper melt who doesn't have the fight of Gabriel or the new team players, he's everything that was wrong with the previous first 11.

Give Holding a break. He’s done an amazing job at totally changing himself with that hair. You can’t expect him to risk it all by getting into confrontations on the pitch. What if he messes it up? Davis could have done a lot of damage there. Give him some time until the roots have taken properly.

I mentioned his hair about four weeks ago noone seems to havenoticed but us!!!!

I didn't even recognise it was him !! Especially because I saw him bringing the ball out so many times with gusto, I had no idea it was him, he didn't used to do that shit.

I suspect White is the cause of it, Holding is now trying to raise his game.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Goonerred wrote:Right form th start I never rated Holding or Chambers for that matter.

Aye
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Reiss wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

He looks like a £2m player.

Aye
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:55 pm

He signed a new deal last year, so we've done what was needed to 'protect his value'.

I'm desperate to have him sold; Newcastle would be ideal. We get money for a striker, he gets a 5-year contract and retires when he's 31.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football