Denis Suárez

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Denis Suarez joins Arsenal on loan (22)

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:57 am

I don't think we signed him to help us with our season. We knew he lacked match fitness and sharpness so it has to be something else.

It's an extended trial period to see if he's worth buying in the summer. Get him sharp in training, don't overplay him if unnecessary, if Emery thinks he's good enough, we'll end up with a good cheap player this summer.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Re: Denis Suarez joins Arsenal on loan (22)

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:29 pm

He looked lively when he came on against ManU, and I've never rated him. Still feel Everton is his ceiling but he's far from being the worst player we've signed. Loan or perma.

I hope we see him playing a full 90 at least once this season.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Denis Suarez (22)

Postby Zedie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Angelito wrote:He looked lively when he came on against ManU, and I've never rated him. Still feel Everton is his ceiling but he's far from being the worst player we've signed. Loan or perma.

I hope we see him playing a full 90 at least once this season.

Ditto. He looked so far away from match fitness compared to his highlight reels so far, but every minute he plays, he seems a little more confident in what hes doing.

I'll reserve judgement on him but tbf if he doesn't put in a 9/10 sub/start performance at least once in the remaining fixtures, I wont lose any sleep when we bin him off.

Theres plenty out there, we can pull up to PSG reserves as a start, they dont need their youngsters.....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: Denis Suárez (22)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 am

One thing thats for sure, we miss having midfielders that can beat a player, Suarez clearly can so I'd like to see what he brings to the table when match fit
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 am

I feel like this signing was a powerplay by Unai to try and motivate Ozil/Mkhi.

I think it worked too
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 am

Pudpop wrote:I feel like this signing was a powerplay by Unai to try and motivate Ozil/Mkhi.

I think it worked too

If this is the case it's cold blooded but does make sense. Put both of them under threat but we dont actually have to commit to the suarez if we dont want him at the end of the season.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 pm

The Gunners will send Spanish midfielder Denis Suarez, 25, back to Barcelona this summer when his loan move ends after he failed to impress manager Unai Emery. (Sun)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Not sure why we've spent several million on having this player as a pointless sub six times. Good for Suarez he got a one year extension on his Barca contract, good for Braca we paid the bills and they get to sell him in the summer ... but how was this deal ever good for Arsenal?

Ozil, Mkhi, Aaron, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Iwobi, Elneny, Torreira ... why did we need another bench warmer?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:07 am

EliteKiller wrote:Not sure why we've spent several million on having this player as a pointless sub six times. Good for Suarez he got a one year extension on his Barca contract, good for Braca we paid the bills and they get to sell him in the summer ... but how was this deal ever good for Arsenal?

Ozil, Mkhi, Aaron, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Iwobi, Elneny, Torreira ... why did we need another bench warmer?

Remember when we got him we were in the middle of an injury crisis, one more injury and he'd probably be starting.

Also it was a road test for Emery to see if this guy still had potential, I guess he doesn't see it anymore.

............ any way, you can't really talk about waste of money without mentioning Kim fkin Kalstrom.

An injured loanee. :doh:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:25 am

*Arsenal legend Kim Kallstrom

As for Denis, oh well. Some things just don't work out. Haven't seen enough of him to make the declaration that he'll be missed.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm

I don't see how you the club can come to a decision like that based on the guy having pretty much zero game time. Baffling.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:00 pm

He is piss poor. It's too physical for him. Need a different breed. Wonder why Sven was against it.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm

At the time he was signed, the club had Ozil in the shop window and tried to offload Ramsey six months early so we could get at least a few bucks or a player swap before he became a free agent. This place would have gone berserk if either player left without anybody coming in.

The good news is that Ramsey has served with distinction since Jan, and Mikhytaryan has come back from injury and is playing decently. As a result Suarez' minutes have been limited.

But since he didn't walk right into the first team, he is a disaster and Emery is killing the club.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Nah he's just not very good. He wasn't good at Barcelona or anywhere else
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:44 pm

I really dont mind that we signed him and haven't really used him.

A: Better to have and not need than to need and not have

B: his arrival lit a fire under ozil and mkhis arses that have seen an upturn in their performances.

Everyone needs to know humility and that no one is bigger than the club, no matter how much they earn or their rep or their CV.

If you dont deal with that sort of thing, you end up with Kepa parring off your latest manager in front of the world.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football