Denis Suárez

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Denis Suarez

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Cos we couldn't change our approach with a manager content on making money and not winning trophies.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm

swipe right wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I think we have to accept LC, FA and EL is our targets, realistic targets and still great trophies, it's not all bad.

Doing anything like threatening in the league or cl will be a massive bonus.

I don't think it's impossible though, we have to bare in mind we are going through a restructuring process, in terms of targeting young talented players, getting rid of older players and reducing the wage bill.

With the new addidas money there should be a bit extra in the kitty, if we can find ourselves in the cl at some point we will then have further funds to attack the pl.

It will take time, it's not going to be easy but I think the club are clearly trying to change their approach.

So then why did we sack Wenger?

Because 6th place, a morally trashed squad, sh*t bargain basement last minute transfers and him being the front man / partner in crime of the board.

With Emery in charge its either results or we cause problems, Uncle Wenger was helping them get away with murder for almost 10 years.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I think we have to accept LC, FA and EL is our targets, realistic targets and still great trophies, it's not all bad.

Doing anything like threatening in the league or cl will be a massive bonus.

I don't think it's impossible though, we have to bare in mind we are going through a restructuring process, in terms of targeting young talented players, getting rid of older players and reducing the wage bill.

With the new addidas money there should be a bit extra in the kitty, if we can find ourselves in the cl at some point we will then have further funds to attack the pl.

It will take time, it's not going to be easy but I think the club are clearly trying to change their approach.

So then why did we sack Wenger?

Because 6th place, a morally trashed squad, sh*t bargain basement last minute transfers and him being the front man / partner in crime of the board.

With Emery in charge its either results or we cause problems, Uncle Wenger was helping them get away with murder for almost 10 years.

indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:19 pm

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has promised 25-year-old midfielder Denis Suarez, an Arsenal target, that he can leave the Nou Camp. (Marca)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:11 am

Good. Pointless trying to penny pinch in Jan. You know he'd be priced at £30m+ by the time summer rolls around.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48 am

Ach wrote:Cos we couldn't change our approach with a manager content on making money and not winning trophies.

Really? The approach is the same since he’s gone.
- we are told the club doesn’t have money and the owner won’t invest
- we are buying bargain basement signings. The big splash since he left was Torreira at 23 mil. We are now sniffing around denis Suarez and a loan deal for Gary Cahill
- our ambition is EL and FA cup and fighting for top four
- we’ve given up any aspirations of winning the league
- we can’t hold onto our best players
- our defense eats grass

Sound familiar?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:55 am

And you expect all that change in a few months?

Unless we get a rich owner willing to spend money on the team rather than yachts then it takes time.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Ach wrote:
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has promised 25-year-old midfielder Denis Suarez, an Arsenal target, that he can leave the Nou Camp. (Marca)

Getting interesting ..............

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... z-13838961
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Well, Emery said that, before June, we can not afford to bring in players on a permanent deal.

Barcelona are only interested in a direct sale.

Don't think this will happen unless one of Arsenal/Barcelona change their terms.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby indy23 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Lol love all the bullshit articles as to why we cannot buy players. I don't get it why borrow and buy out the remainder of ourshares? We aren't a big team Anymore that's for damn sure.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby tsakis » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HxLGBL89Cc

for beeing Rusty not too shaby... Seems good enough to me...
tsakis
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 pm

f**k this bs man we need some major investments i dont know why the fans even show up anymore
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:43 am

Came on as a sub tonight as Barca lost

Looks like his last appearance

Hes coming home on loan
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 am

I think carrasco link was Bs. May have been offered to us but I think with emery sanehelli connection it was Suarez all along. Hope he can give us something different. f**k this club is so cheap when they have to dip into cash but charge fan up the ass.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:25 am

indy23 wrote:I think carrasco link was Bs. May have been offered to us but I think with emery sanehelli connection it was Suarez all along. Hope he can give us something different. f**k this club is so cheap when they have to dip into cash but charge fan up the ass.

I just hope we buy a CB this window im extremely worried there is no cb links
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football