Denis Suárez

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Denis Suarez

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:35 pm

What kind of bit part misery merchant are you? No hose pipes, no rope and most importantly, no toasters with flexes long enough to reach from the landing to the bath.

Count me out.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

alexafc12 wrote:It’s all bollocks. Remember when we had £200m in cash reserves set aside which we were told was to be used in the eventuality we fell out of the CL ... what happened to that ?

Easy.

Its still sitting in reserves, and will stay there because our owner will use his assets which now include us lock, stock and barrel to enhance his financial portfolio.

i.e any loans, leverage etc can be put against his assets even if it doesn't show directly on the books, its part of a background leverage check to show that Kroenke is good for loans like his billion dollar expenditure on his fkin LA Rams and their new stadium that they just purchased, if he ever were to default on the loan finance companies look at your asset portfolio to show you have enough assets to sell to recover the debt.

AFC is now part of that asset and so is our £200m reserve.

c*nt!!!

Self sustaining model my arse ............ all that means is that all the money for Arsenal is our money, fan money, sponsorship money and that is it.

The fact that we rely on that £100m from the CL to make signings just goes to show the issue if we don't get top 4.

Top 4 wasn't just a "top 4 trophy" it was our entire business model.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Top 4 wasn't just a "top 4 trophy" it was our entire business model.

This might be the most depressing thing I've ever read on here, and it's true.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Truth hurts this our level
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Interest: waning » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 pm

If it stays this bad/depressing with Kroenke for much longer I may stop following football.

The stadium move was supposed to elevate us to the top echelon of European football.

Hurts too much to see us like this while losers like Spurs and fakes like Chelsea and Shitty have all the happiness.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:42 pm

UFGN wrote:
swipe right wrote:
UFGN wrote:I should set up a stall selling razor blades and paracetamol tablets in this thread

I'd make a fortune

Hopefully you use the fortune to buy us better players than Denis fcking Suarez.

Hopefully you'll be my first customer

Half price to you

Sign me up
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BrunelGooner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/arsen ... -or-hinder

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but we ended up discussing Arsenal's finances and Kroenke's ownership.

A good article from ESPN explaining how we got to the current situation and how things are looking for us in the future.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:32 am

Interest: waning wrote:If it stays this bad/depressing with Kroenke for much longer I may stop following football.

The stadium move was supposed to elevate us to the top echelon of European football.

Hurts too much to see us like this while losers like Spurs and fakes like Chelsea and Shitty have all the happiness.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not to keep going off topic but the problem with your suggestion would make me a hypocrite of a fan.

I obviously want us to do well, I also would be a bit perturbed if we lost our Laca's and Auba's but some part of me feels its high time we as Arsenal fans actually realised what its like to be a "fan" of a team outside the top 4 like everybody else is and has had to put up with .......... because that's what fans do.

Remember what being a City fan was like 10 years ago? or a Spurs fan? or even a Liverpool fan before Suarez turned up?

Not to mention Newcastle, Bournemouth or Everton fans etc, yes I know we pay top whack and we moved to the Emirates to secure our future as a big team, but these dips happen and no part of me can switch teams etc.

Yes I can respect someone tuning out, I know I wasn't interested much in football between 1995 and 1998 but I'll always be an AFC fan.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 am

BrunelGooner wrote:http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/arsenal/359/blog/post/3599768/arsenal-spending-beyond-their-means-will-stan-kroenkes-takeover-help-or-hinder

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but we ended up discussing Arsenal's finances and Kroenke's ownership.

A good article from ESPN explaining how we got to the current situation and how things are looking for us in the future.

Good read. True but depressing.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 am

Meh we sold our soul long time ago. This is the readon i havent watched arsenal game love for 3 years and not spend a penny on anything arsenal related. Its still gonna take years our fans to wake up. But even then our fans are not the type ti protest or make a scene.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Unfortunately the game has changed so much in the last decade or so, there is so much money involved that it will always attract Business people who have little interest in losing any money. There are exceptions when multi billionaires get a bit carried away initially, but nothing lasts forever.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:00 pm

I think we have to accept LC, FA and EL is our targets, realistic targets and still great trophies, it's not all bad.

Doing anything like threatening in the league or cl will be a massive bonus.

I don't think it's impossible though, we have to bare in mind we are going through a restructuring process, in terms of targeting young talented players, getting rid of older players and reducing the wage bill.

With the new addidas money there should be a bit extra in the kitty, if we can find ourselves in the cl at some point we will then have further funds to attack the pl.

It will take time, it's not going to be easy but I think the club are clearly trying to change their approach.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I think we have to accept LC, FA and EL is our targets, realistic targets and still great trophies, it's not all bad.

Wenger was King when it came to FA Cups. He could beat 'em all. It was like Zidane in the UCL.

Now, our best hope is EL where Emery appears to be the King. I don't think we can win the FA Cup/LC because we'll lose to the first strong team we face in both those competitions.

In the EL, Emery has a track record, so I'm hoping he won't show the same inferiority complex that has stopped him from being a top manager throughout his career. The raw talent is there.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:29 pm

UFGN wrote:
swipe right wrote:
UFGN wrote:I should set up a stall selling razor blades and paracetamol tablets in this thread

I'd make a fortune

Hopefully you use the fortune to buy us better players than Denis fcking Suarez.

Hopefully you'll be my first customer

Half price to you

:rofll: That's funny.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I think we have to accept LC, FA and EL is our targets, realistic targets and still great trophies, it's not all bad.

Doing anything like threatening in the league or cl will be a massive bonus.

I don't think it's impossible though, we have to bare in mind we are going through a restructuring process, in terms of targeting young talented players, getting rid of older players and reducing the wage bill.

With the new addidas money there should be a bit extra in the kitty, if we can find ourselves in the cl at some point we will then have further funds to attack the pl.

It will take time, it's not going to be easy but I think the club are clearly trying to change their approach.

So then why did we sack Wenger?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football