AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: ArsenalFanTV

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
From what I see they're not typical fans. They are an embarrassing assortment of idiots. No self-respecting Arsenal fan would associate themselves with it.

How are they not?!!!

They are no different to the fans on this forum.

We have overly optimistic, overly pessimistic, aggresive, calm fans here too

Very true.

For all the composure we claim ............ have you seen this forum in a match day thread even at 0-0 let alone if we're losing, people lose their fricken minds.

"We're so sh*t blah blah that player is crap blah blah"

Then the funniest thing when that player scores or if we win its all smiles.

Exactly why I avoid live game threads for my teams these days.

Fans are a fickle bunch.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:45 am

Having just watched the Supporters Club and previously spin-offs from the likes of DT & Troops, it feels like AFTV has kind of metamorphosed into a semi professional, almost slick broadcasting organisation presenting genuine football fans view points with minimal sanitising beyond adult common decency.

From my initial experience of AFTV some 3 and a half - 4 years ago, it has gotten better and better and developed a real depth to its concept to easily remain the best of all the fans tv set ups that have followed, certainly from what I have seen, regardless of any Arsenal bias and I think we should be proud of it.

It would appear that trailblazing still remains a strong characteristic of the Arsenal DNA.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:48 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:Having just watched the Supporters Club and previously spin-offs from the likes of DT & Troops, it feels like AFTV has kind of metamorphosed into a semi professional, almost slick broadcasting organisation presenting genuine football fans view points with minimal sanitising beyond adult common decency.

From my initial experience of AFTV some 3 and a half - 4 years ago, it has gotten better and better and developed a real depth to its concept to easily remain the best of all the fans tv set ups that have followed, certainly from what I have seen, regardless of any Arsenal bias and I think we should be proud of it.

It would appear that trailblazing still remains a strong characteristic of the Arsenal DNA.

It basically started off as a guy turning up to the stadium with a camera and a mic.

Robbies done really well considering. He gets a lot of hate, but he's tuned into what the modern market wants massively and he's left others in his wake.

The only one i can think to compare him to is the that big Geordie guy but even he's just doing blogs.

AFTV has a semi legitimacy now and love it or hate it, it allows anyone at the stadium a chance to say their part.

It's got a genuine chance to elevate into a proper standalone arsenal tv channel. In fact, if I were the club id look to turn it into their associated corpotate channel.

From our perspective it would seem like they've sold out, but that's the price of having things done professionally.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Zedie wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Having just watched the Supporters Club and previously spin-offs from the likes of DT & Troops, it feels like AFTV has kind of metamorphosed into a semi professional, almost slick broadcasting organisation presenting genuine football fans view points with minimal sanitising beyond adult common decency.

It basically started off as a guy turning up to the stadium with a camera and a mic.

Robbies done really well considering. He gets a lot of hate, but he's tuned into what the modern market wants massively and he's left others in his wake.

The only one i can think to compare him to is the that big Geordie guy but even he's just doing blogs.

AFTV has a semi legitimacy now and love it or hate it, it allows anyone at the stadium a chance to say their part.

It's got a genuine chance to elevate into a proper standalone arsenal tv channel. In fact, if I were the club id look to turn it into their associated corpotate channel.

From our perspective it would seem like they've sold out, but that's the price of having things done professionally.

I think that'd be a good idea if the club were to try and officially incorporate them, provided it would and could not have any influence whatsoever on the content and context side of things, as that would effectively dilute it's concept and set AFTV on the road to becoming what it despised...a soggy, self serving, banal and sanitised effort by people not in the know beyond the corporate boxes but may once have had a pub lunch with a colleague who was a Tottenham fan no less.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Robbie's done great, plus he's actually a decent bloke, it's just the nonces on the show who are annoying.

DT and that ginger k*** need to piss off.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:16 pm

The club wouldn't associate itself with the station officially because it cannot control the content and would not want to be linked with the swearing etc. Robbie would have to bleep out the swearing at the least.

Then you have the club leaving themselves open to libel suits for defamation of character etc, some of the interviews can be very emotional
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 pm

In all fairness this started because Arsenal were trying to brush fan opinion under the carpet, remember Chips Keswicks statements etc disgusting treatment.

Wenger and Arsenal thought they were above critic and only painted this rosey picture ignoring fans.

So fans had to create their own platform, people should be thankful someone is actually bothering to give fans a voice, yes there is an "entertainment" side to it which some people don't like but then its you who chooses which fans interviews to watch, you don't have to watch the regulars.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:13 pm

To be fair to AFTV Wenger may still be in charge were it not for the fans calling for Wenger to be sacked!! In a way I woyld say the channel helped galvanise those that wanted Wenger to leave, they finally had a united voice rather than coming across as a few isolated people.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 pm

DT has been run off twitter lol.

He's absolutely embarrassed himself today. Will post bits in a bit.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Someones not on Twitter

However will he live?

Needs to be put on suicide watch
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 pm

theHotHead wrote:To be fair to AFTV Wenger may still be in charge were it not for the fans calling for Wenger to be sacked!! In a way I woyld say the channel helped galvanise those that wanted Wenger to leave, they finally had a united voice rather than coming across as a few isolated people.

I personally think it was all me.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:08 pm

State of the f***ing clown.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 pm

LOOOL

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:47 pm

lol that Spurs fan Expressions is there "Oh my days, you know dem ways there blud" lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:10 am

He blew up over that?

Blud's gotta go to anger management jfc
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate