AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: ArsenalFanTV

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:10 pm

^^ Cigarette companies knowingly sell products that kill people. AFTV knowingly puts out videos of over-emotional clowns that do....what, exactly? Provide cheap, disposable entertainment for the masses?

AFTV started because of the voice of the fan had disappeared completely. TV studios started hiring ex-Arsenal players who censor themselves so as to not get on the club's bad side (Wrighty excepted). Club communications were limited to a social media presence dripping with fakeness.

While AFTV's trajectory was influenced by Arsenal's performances, it was the dog wagging the tail. Arsenal has impacted AFTV 100x more than the other way around. They'd be out of business if the Wenger saga didn't drag on for half a decade after their first "big" video, after the 1-3 loss to Villa on opening day 2013/14.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Jesus Christ have people had their f***ing brains removed?

I dont give a toss about AFTV. I never ever watch it. I think those defending it like their lives depend on admonishing Robbie of any blame are probably the ones who need to get a grip

In short

Those getting in Robby's face and trying to close down AFTV are sheep twats

And those who think Robbie isn't partly to blame for this are also twats
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:42 pm

aniym wrote:^^ Cigarette companies knowingly sell products that kill people. AFTV knowingly puts out videos of over-emotional clowns that do....what, exactly? Provide cheap, disposable entertainment for the masses?

AFTV started because of the voice of the fan had disappeared completely. TV studios started hiring ex-Arsenal players who censor themselves so as to not get on the club's bad side (Wrighty excepted). Club communications were limited to a social media presence dripping with fakeness.

While AFTV's trajectory was influenced by Arsenal's performances, it was the dog wagging the tail. Arsenal has impacted AFTV 100x more than the other way around. They'd be out of business if the Wenger saga didn't drag on for half a decade after their first "big" video, after the 1-3 loss to Villa on opening day 2013/14.

Agreed. The cigarette analogy is a bad one. When it comes to the entertainment industry you'll always have content that's there for cheap thrills and gets the box office number/sales vs the stuff that gets the critical acclaim and awards.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Jokers on here criticising AFTV.

Robbie posts videos from lots of different fans who have lots of different views. It is up to the viewing public to decide which videos they watch. The vast majority of fans choose videos from Troopz, DT, Lee and Claude. That is NOT Robbie/AFTV's fault.

If you think otherwise you are a pleb.

How many dozens of people would like to give AFTV an interview, even just one interview? Yet the same faces get featured every week. Dont feature them all the time, and maybe your point would be valid. But just as people absolutely have a choice not to watch, Robbie absolutely does run a circus and that is his fault.

It's not just the same faces. He has the regulars but there are fans on there that have never spoken before but don't get the same amount of views.

Exactly. He has the regulars. You cant defend him and say he isn't running a clownfest when he knowingly gives these buffoons a stage

Sorry, I disagree. The regulars are there because of popular demand. If you don't click on their videos and if they weren't getting views, they wouldn't be regulars and who they are today.

This guy has 17k views and he's saying some of things that's been said on this forum. It's his first time on the platform and Robbie invited him back. As Hothead has said, if people keep clicking on DT and Troopz videos instead, that's down to the audience.

Also, you have to factor in that he's talking to people straight after a game so the emotions are raw. If you like tuning into car crash TV than that's your choice. It's not as if that's the only thing up on AFTV. DT and Troopz feature on podcasts and other videos where they discuss issues surrounding the club where it's not so raw. There are vlog videos where log their away trips. He has a tactical insight video each week with Graham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACAU2oHWiwU

There is plenty of stuff out there on the channel but if you gravitate to the more sensational stuff, that says something about what fans have an appetite for. It's not just AFTV, it's everywhere. Even on here you won't find many that take part in discussions on tactics and if so, it usually breaks down into mudslinging. Check your own record in fact. You hardly speak on here about football at all but we're here discussing some trivial stuff about AFTV. Why?

Absolutely on the bold part.

Graham is very straightforward in his tactical analysis, hes a very good guy, i like him, humble, knows what he knows and has an appetite to understand how a manage thinks. He's not even anything special which he admits himself and gets it wrong a number of times but compared to almost every other fan and even pundits he's miles more interesting than most.

In the last game he got the City shape in attack wrong actually, it is a 2-3-5 to an extent but the shape and player positions confused him a bit. But i respect him for taking the time to learn about tactics and his show is very good.

For me it shows there's a lot of talent and knowledge out there sitting outside the game which can really bring a lot towards it. Nobody, f***ing NOBODY compliments AFTV for good stuff like this! I look at things the opposite way in regards to how few people speak about tactics, i think yourself like Graham instead have something to offer the game and should look into getting some badges unless your totally buried in a career already. Even coaches within the game don't really bother to go into hard indepth analysis especially at lower levels! The big issue in England coaching badges are so expensive and many feel so departed from the game they don't bother. Then younger generation really find even some of the most basic setups confusing, some take everything a little too literally.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
And those who think Robbie isn't partly to blame for this are also twats

Partly to blame for what?

Do you mean partly to blame for being abused because they voice their opinions?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 pm

aniym wrote:^^ Cigarette companies knowingly sell products that kill people. AFTV knowingly puts out videos of over-emotional clowns that do....what, exactly? Provide cheap, disposable entertainment for the masses?

But AFTV isn't killing people, its online media in the age of online media ffs.

Robbie puts on people that are good click bait because views are what matter in todays world, that is the new world we live in, its not about integrity, as a former boxer I realised that when KSI & Logan had a mega fight ............ trust me, integrity is dead in certain corners of the online world, thankfully it is still there in the traditional corners of professional arenas.

However as Robbie himself has said, he does listen and he does interview new fans to see if they get any traction .......... Robbie doesn't make money of negativity, he makes money off views, if people choose to view negativity then who's fault is that?

Nothing more simple than "supply and demand".

I'm surprised so many here don't get or accept that, along with not accepting individual responsibility and keep blaming companies.

There are plenty of non-smokers out there, if you don't want them don't buy them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:09 pm

I watch the daily transfer news on AFTV during the windows but thats it, can't stand listening to Troopz say 'ya git me' 5000 times every video whilst chatting shit, i only ever catch every 3rd word the backwards c*** says.

Robbie ain't so bad, his mates are all laughable though.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Arsehole fan tv

Postby Rerktyne » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:18 am

Dejan wrote:This forum has been 10 times more negative over the years than the show. People on here wished death, leg breaks, etc on players abnd managers

If you dont like the show then goddamn dont watch

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

That is the standard, crass, mediocre argument given so often: “if you don’t like it then get out, etc!”
That solves nothing. If you don’t like something then complain and you might just get a result.
Some things people hated and complained about:
Slavery,
Lack of workers’ rights,
Women being abused
Racism
Etc etc.
Thankfully people did not leave it alone but howled with indignation!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:27 am

Rerktyne wrote:
Dejan wrote:This forum has been 10 times more negative over the years than the show. People on here wished death, leg breaks, etc on players abnd managers

If you dont like the show then goddamn dont watch

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

That is the standard, crass, mediocre argument given so often: “if you don’t like it then get out, etc!”
That solves nothing. If you don’t like something then complain and you might just get a result.
Some things people hated and complained about:
Slavery,
Lack of workers’ rights,
Women being abused
Racism
Etc etc.
Thankfully people did not leave it alone but howled with indignation!
With 750m views, and looking at the comment sections, these aftv videos are not being hated. The video of people chanting aftv get out of our club, around 20 people are counted to be chanting.

This really is a nothing story.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

But AFTV isn't killing people, its online media in the age of online media ffs.

Robbie puts on people that are good click bait because views are what matter in todays world, that is the new world we live in, its not about integrity, as a former boxer I realised that when KSI & Logan had a mega fight ............ trust me, integrity is dead in certain corners of the online world, thankfully it is still there in the traditional corners of professional arenas.

However as Robbie himself has said, he does listen and he does interview new fans to see if they get any traction .......... Robbie doesn't make money of negativity, he makes money off views, if people choose to view negativity then who's fault is that?

Nothing more simple than "supply and demand".

I'm surprised so many here don't get or accept that, along with not accepting individual responsibility and keep blaming companies.

There are plenty of non-smokers out there, if you don't want them don't buy them.
Jep.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Or maybe they'd actually have continued to run it as it should have been, a vehicle for random fans to express an opinion on a public platform. Something anyone could do for free for public entertainment but they've managed to turn into a successful business.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:21 am

Robbie has diversified into women’s football. No limits to his ambitions.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:34 am

swipe right wrote:Robbie has diversified into women’s football. No limits to his ambitions.

Huge growing market,
And kudos to Robbie because ignoring womens football at a time when Arsenal are so good would frankly be a mistake, it is after all AFTV, emphasis on the Arsenal.
Should be more about the youth program, but for anyone interested on the youth team perspectives tune in to Deluded gooner he does a bloody good job of keeping us overseas peeps informed.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:40 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:Robbie has diversified into women’s football. No limits to his ambitions.

Huge growing market,
And kudos to Robbie because ignoring womens football at a time when Arsenal are so good would frankly be a mistake, it is after all AFTV, emphasis on the Arsenal.
Should be more about the youth program, but for anyone interested on the youth team perspectives tune in to Deluded gooner he does a bloody good job of keeping us overseas peeps informed.

Its good to try to support the whole club, not only the first team

As a kid my dad used to take me to watch the reserves sometimes. It was free. Had some great experiences watching youngsters, players returning from injury and fringe players
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:12 am

UFGN wrote:
VCC wrote:

Huge growing market,

Its good to try to support the whole club, not only the first team

As a kid my dad used to take me to watch the reserves sometimes. It was free. Had some great experiences watching youngsters, players returning from injury and fringe players

Is Jeorge Bird still the authority on the youth teams?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate