AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: AFTV

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 pm

The bit for those who haven't watched it btw:

I was embarassed by Ray tbh. He swiftly made it about AFTV than addressing the real issue about the Kroenkes.

AFTV isn't the reason why we're a laughing stock today. They're embarassing without being a significant part of Arsenal. Yes, opposition fans have a laugh when we lose. It's all gimmicky with them. But they're hardly the primary or even secondary issue here.

If we started acting like a big club instead of blaming AFTV, maybe, that would be a start?

You can't censor content you don't like. It's the age of the internet. You have to be prepared to see all sorts of nuisance.

Embarassing by Parlour. Worked his magic PR for the Kroenkes by hijacking the narrative.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:03 am

I don’t like aftv but that was weird from Ray Parlour. Not sure you can blame Robbie for the knobs on that show.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 am

Ray Parlour is one of those people that think things would be better if no one ever criticized the status quo.

We aren't 9th because Don Robbie is in Arteta's head somehow. Who is even watching the stupid socially distant AFTV videos now? The channel was at its best, and the meltdowns at their funniest when they were interviewing fans outside the stadium post-match
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:06 am

Angelito wrote:The bit for those who haven't watched it btw:

I was embarassed by Ray tbh. He swiftly made it about AFTV than addressing the real issue about the Kroenkes.

AFTV isn't the reason why we're a laughing stock today. They're embarassing without being a significant part of Arsenal. Yes, opposition fans have a laugh when we lose. It's all gimmicky with them. But they're hardly the primary or even secondary issue here.

If we started acting like a big club instead of blaming AFTV, maybe, that would be a start?

You can't censor content you don't like. It's the age of the internet. You have to be prepared to see all sorts of nuisance.

Embarassing by Parlour. Worked his magic PR for the Kroenkes by hijacking the narrative.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:11 am

The need for the Kroenkes to go and AFTV being an embarrassment are not mutually exclusive.

They are an embarrassment. Arsenal fans are a laughing stock because of the sort of clowns they put up as being representative of our fan base. That has nothing to do with Kroenke or the results. It would happen in any case.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:34 am

Phil71 wrote:The need for the Kroenkes to go and AFTV being an embarrassment are not mutually exclusive.

They are an embarrassment. Arsenal fans are a laughing stock because of the sort of clowns they put up as being representative of our fan base. That has nothing to do with Kroenke or the results. It would happen in any case.

Agreed. But every club has its set of clowns. I wouldn’t say we have any more or less. Aftv is a well packaged and entertaining bit of banter after the game so it gets attention. Other fan channels are boring. Besides the soap opera that is Arsenal helps keep the entertainment going.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:24 am

f**k Ray parlour, sounds like a sellout t**t paid by the Kroenke’s.

AFTV has nothing to do with our performances on the pitch or where we are as a club. It’s pretty cringey at the best of times but I’m also glad the fans can air their opinions and that Robbie has made himself a successful business.

Ray Parlour should be using his position to stand up for the fans and challenge the ownership who are embarrassing his once great club AND trying to ruin football.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 am

Ray Parlour disgraced himself.
He let his job at Talk Sport get in the way of his relationship with the fans.
Talk Sport don't want AFTV taking away their listeners or clicks to their website.
These corporations don't want places like AFTV around, they want them gone, so they smear them.
Parlour is JUST shilling for the money men in the game - and absolute disgrace.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:15 pm

I fully understand (and even echo) people's cynicism towards AFTV, but this is a bridge too far.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Slick » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 pm

What are they singing?
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:34 pm

No it's not a bridge too far. They're an embarrassment and only exist to make Lyle money.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:37 pm

It’s a joke people getting upset about a fan channel. So what if he makes money, so do many others doing all kinds of things.

The club makes huge amounts of money out of the fans, too much some might argue given their league position.

If you don’t like it don’t watch it, clearly some people want to and that’s fair enough, they’re entitled to.

Got to say there’s some odd views in this fan base, a real intolerance for other peoples opinions. I’ve seen it for years and it’s pretty unsavoury.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Zenith wrote:

I fully understand (and even echo) people's cynicism towards AFTV, but this is a bridge too far.

The problem is not AFTV, it's some of the people on it. Quite a small number of them.
Unfortunately, they bring a bad name to the whole channel and some people (like Ray Parlour for instance) paint the whole channel with the same brush.
We just seem to have this minority in the fan base over the past few years who spend most of their energy slagging off the club from top to bottom. 100% negative and ruining many elements of the fan experience.
I suppose the pushback is inevitable.

To be honest though, the criticism of them is not a big deal - There were a group of 100 or so fans gathered round the owner of AFTV as he was doing interviews as I exited the stadium on Sunday. There were no problems, no animosity at all.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Ruining elements of the fan experience? If people can’t handle other peoples opinions don’t listen to them, theres definitely a delusional side to the fan base who think they’re better than everyone else, there has been for years hence the reason we are where we are now and those people just accept it.

The guy is an Arsenal fan, decided to make a fan channel, it became successful, he made money, good luck to him.

Seems like a decent guy.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Zenith wrote:

More free advertising for AFTV.

Fans can save their venom for the decisions being made at the club level. What influence do Robbie and co. have on transfers where 9 figure sums are changing hands?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate