AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: ArsenalFanTV

Postby UFGN » Mon May 07, 2018 9:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:AFTV is great.

I literally don't understand how anyone could not like a platform for fans to have a voice???

That's like saying we don't deserve to vote, people need and have the right to be heard, you don't have to listen but you shouldn't be slating the platform unless its biased or something.

It is "biassed" though isn't it

Well fake news is probably more like it

They don't interview normal fans who talk normally, they interview, in the main, complete idiots and don't make any effort to interview a wider group of fans

You compare it to voting. It would be like only having polling stations in Jaywick
Last edited by UFGN on Mon May 07, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Mon May 07, 2018 9:04 pm

started out with pure intentions id assume

ended up being an ego booster for morons who want 5 minutes of fame on the itnernet
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon May 07, 2018 9:05 pm

How come Bully isn't involved anymore?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:How come Bully isn't involved anymore?

Can only presume he chooses not to

The guys get seriously mobbed, maybe he doesn't like it. He still goes matches
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:AFTV is great.

I literally don't understand how anyone could not like a platform for fans to have a voice???

That's like saying we don't deserve to vote, people need and have the right to be heard, you don't have to listen but you shouldn't be slating the platform unless its biased or something.

It is "biassed" though isn't it

Well fake news is probably more like it

They don't interview normal fans who talk normally, they interview, in the main, complete idiots and don't make any effort to interview a wider group of fans

You compare it to voting. It would be like only having polling stations in Jaywick

Robbie has addressed that directly though, he said he does interview different fans every week as well as the regulars.
His issue is that the regulars became regulars because they got the most views and followers hence "they were in demand" no body who wants to keep a business going is going to ignore what the people want to see.

Also how can there be bias when he interviews even regulars with opposing views? DT to Ty would be a prime example.

Robbie has made it clear anyone can come and talk, whether they get popular or not is not in his control.

Tbf on top of that DT, Troopz, Ty and Claude etc all voluntarily help Robbie out with extended interviews, studio discussion etc.

There's a reason Arsenal have best fan channel, have you seen Chelseas etc, dead.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Lucky7 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Because Arsenal FanTV are the biggest fan channel many other teams fans watch it...to laugh at us after a loss when the fans go ape shit on the show. If those views that are mocking us are determining who gets on the channel isn't that bad? It only makes us more mock-able as a fanbase when the same muppets that our opposition fans watch it for keep getting on.

It's good for the channel, bad for the fan base and our reputation.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Considering those people go to the games, I'd suggest if you don't want our fanbase to be mocked, go to games, and get on AFTV.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Lucky7 wrote:Because Arsenal FanTV are the biggest fan channel many other teams fans watch it...to laugh at us after a loss when the fans go ape shit on the show. If those views that are mocking us are determining who gets on the channel isn't that bad? It only makes us more mock-able as a fanbase when the same muppets that our opposition fans watch it for keep getting on.

It's good for the channel, bad for the fan base and our reputation.

I've seen Man Utd fans go ape on their channel?

With AFC the issue has been the Wenger Inn / Out divide, hopefully next season under the new manger our fans should go back to being more normal and sane.

I know what you mean it can descend into a bit of a farce show at times but on the other hand their coverage of away games, the effort for the debate shows etc are all way above other channels so I like it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Blackstar » Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 pm

I honestly believe AFTV damages the club and its image.

Just look at the viewcount comparison after a loss versus a win.

It is simply a platform for advertising revenue, provided my hundreds of thousands who want to see someone acting hysterically or ranting about Wenger after a bad result.

Now that Wenger is gone, the views will go down dramatically.
Blackstar
Michael Thomas

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am

They absolutely interview normal fans. Moh is composed and well spoken, but gets trashed on GW because he's too centrist and wasn't going at Wenger hard enough for some people. Claude was well spoken too, he just always looked like he was on the verge of offing himself.

It was only in the last couple of years that the loudmouths like DT and Troopz started dominating the interviews. They get more views and bring in more ad bucks. AFTV isn't a nonprofit, so of course Robbie chased that paper.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 am

Who cares. If people want to sound like divs let them. If people want to vent, let them. To say it makes Arsenal look bad is stupid, as if anybody with a modicum of common sense thinks this is how football fans are - a bunch of highly strung, see-sawing, emotional wrecks is madness.

Hmmmmmm :think:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 08, 2018 5:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:Who cares. If people want to sound like divs let them. If people want to vent, let them. To say it makes Arsenal look bad is stupid, as if anybody with a modicum of common sense thinks this is how football fans are - a bunch of highly strung, see-sawing, emotional wrecks is madness.

Hmmmmmm :think:

People in glass houses .................

Have you seen this place when we lose a game? we make AFTV look like the height of sophistication.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Exactly :lol: :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Byron Gomez » Wed May 09, 2018 11:32 am

It always amazes me how DT and Troopz get miles more views than people that actually talk sense instead of chatting shit and attention seeking. Are the majority of their viewers between the ages of 10 - 12?
The guy with the speech impediment who wore the Wenger our top and tore it up when he heard he was going hardly gets any. Which is a shame.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Wed May 09, 2018 11:49 am

Byron Gomez wrote:It always amazes me how DT and Troopz get miles more views than people that actually talk sense instead of chatting shit and attention seeking. Are the majority of their viewers between the ages of 10 - 12?
The guy with the speech impediment who wore the Wenger our top and tore it up when he heard he was going hardly gets any. Which is a shame.

Welcome to the age of Social Media, where success is measured by likes and views - not substance and content.

There was a time when silence and contemplation were valued. Today, it's all about shouting at the top of your lungs, becoming a sensationalist, and saying/doing things that invoke emotional reaction over logical responses.

This isn't merely limited to AFTV.

That said, AFTV lot, especially the popular ones (except for Moh, tbh) have shown what a lousy bunch they are by continuing to whine, moan, and provoke a reaction. The meltdown is what attracted rival fans and they will do anything to remain in the limelight. I really do hope that they don't spread their toxicity as soon as things start going south for the new manager.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate