AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: ArsenalFanTV

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 02, 2017 3:02 am

FFS - I never said anywhere that they weren't stupid racist comments ... what I said was that the comments came because he was an Arsenal fan ....

I've called Spurs fans Yids, WHU fans Pikeys, Liverpool fans Dippers and never was it said with a racist intent, it was said because I don't like the feckers ... blimey I've called French people Frogs, Germans Huns, and Italians feckin' greasy ****s (the fans who've been there will get that) ... does that make me a super racist?

It's sanctimonious crap for anyone, especially Robbie, to play the race card when he knows that he got the abuse (albeit with racist overtones) because he was a gooner ....

Is it acceptable? of course not ... was it racist? of course ... but let's not all pretend that a bunch of troglodyte spuds fans picked on Robbie because he was black .... that's utter bollocks and you all know it .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby MecurialGooner » Tue May 02, 2017 6:07 am

EK your comments are nothing short of retarded. Would a white Arsenal fan have been subjected to Monkey chants and other such racial abuse???

Answering that simple question will show you why your opinion is daft. There is no tolerating and or excusing racism ffs.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 02, 2017 6:07 am

MecurialGooner wrote:EK your comments are nothing short of retarded. Would a white Arsenal fan have been subjected to Monkey chants and other such racial abuse???

Answering that simple question will show you why your opinion is daft. There is no tolerating and or excusing racism ffs.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 am

Question; how do you racially abuse a white fan ? has it ever been reported and given such attention because somebody called a white fan a white c**t? Some Football fans will say anything to get under the skin of their rivals, how many of us have subjected White fans of the other teams to all sorts of verbal abuse? Thing is it doesn't sell papers or generate interest does it, as for the Robbie thing it was wrong to call him a black C**, T perhaps they should have just called him a c**t because he supports Arsenal.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Tue May 02, 2017 8:10 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:EK your comments are nothing short of retarded. Would a white Arsenal fan have been subjected to Monkey chants and other such racial abuse???

This.

BS221B wrote:You wont see us destroying cities in local or European away games. im proud to be Arsenal fan.

Yes, that's because we are destroyed wherever we go in Europe or in London. :hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 02, 2017 8:13 am

Angelito wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

This.

BS221B wrote:You wont see us destroying cities in local or European away games. im proud to be Arsenal fan.

Yes, that's because we are destroyed wherever we go in Europe or in London. :hiding:

:rofll:
Classic
Nuggets

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 am

Nuggets wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

This.

:rofll:
Classic

Tears
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 02, 2017 11:53 am

Ok I see what EK is saying and I agree with him for the most part. The primary reason Robbie was being abused was because he is an Arsenal fan AND because he is a minor celebrity he is an easy and obvious target. Unfortunately as we all know when people abuse others the first thing they do often involuntarily is abuse the appearance of someone, be it they are black, wear glasses, are fat, whatever.

Doesn't excuse racism at anytime though. But thats not what he is saying and I get that. Spurs fans are racist c**** though - and half of the black people I know are Spurs fans that go to games ...... the mind boggles.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby knowledge93 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Robbie has just uploaded this interview with Paul Merson. Paul Merson is pretty much spot on in this interview.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Fri May 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Merson <3
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm

What he said about Spurs' buying known (and obvious) players is precisely what our problem is. Wenger doesn't do the obvious. He doesn't buy players who are in front of us and ready/willing to come to Arsenal. Whether that's Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen, or Lloris. Wenger goes out of his way to buy a CM, so that he could turn a CM into a CAM, a CAM into a 2nd striker, and a 2nd striker into a ST.

He'll field Sanogo against Bayern in the CL KO stages, but won't pay £10m more than the "market price" to get a quality striker.

These problems will continue this summer. We're on the brink of creating an artificial crisis at Arsenal because we're refusing to be proactive.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rammixp » Fri May 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Angelito wrote:What he said about Spurs' buying known (and obvious) players is precisely what our problem is. Wenger doesn't do the obvious. He doesn't buy players who are in front of us and ready/willing to come to Arsenal. Whether that's Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen, or Lloris. Wenger goes out of his way to buy a CM, so that he could turn a CM into a CAM, a CAM into a 2nd striker, and a 2nd striker into a ST.

He'll field Sanogo against Bayern in the CL KO stages, but won't pay £10m more than the "market price" to get a quality striker.

These problems will continue this summer. We're on the brink of creating an artificial crisis at Arsenal because we're refusing to be proactive.

Your right and wrong!

Wenger could buy any player these days and they would fail as he is incapable of managing players. He is tactically inept, he is a follower and has no clue how to handle the modern game.

All those players listed with the exception of Lloris (GK can still be good without tactics or a defense) would have been awful at arsenal because they would have been managed by Arsene and not Poch.

So not buying known talent is not the issue, i believe we have bought some decent talent, its your last point about the manager which is the problem.
rammixp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 05, 2017 4:38 pm

knowledge93 wrote:

Robbie has just uploaded this interview with Paul Merson. Paul Merson is pretty much spot on in this interview.

Brilliant interview, Paul has got it spot on :clap:
Nuggets

Postby coach8smallball » Fri May 05, 2017 4:40 pm

rammixp wrote:
Angelito wrote:What he said about Spurs' buying known (and obvious) players is precisely what our problem is. Wenger doesn't do the obvious. He doesn't buy players who are in front of us and ready/willing to come to Arsenal. Whether that's Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen, or Lloris. Wenger goes out of his way to buy a CM, so that he could turn a CM into a CAM, a CAM into a 2nd striker, and a 2nd striker into a ST.

Your right and wrong!

Wenger could buy any player these days and they would fail as he is incapable of managing players. He is tactically inept, he is a follower and has no clue how to handle the modern game.

All those players listed with the exception of Lloris (GK can still be good without tactics or a defense) would have been awful at arsenal because they would have been managed by Arsene and not Poch.

So not buying known talent is not the issue, i believe we have bought some decent talent, its your last point about the manager which is the problem.

ok:
1. it's "you're" not "your", yes I'm a grammatical Nazi while I am lazy to use the CAPS button (except there)
2. stop saying wenger is tactically inept and not know anything about the modern game. he's more stubborn than dumb and this preposterous idea that the game is so modern it has passed him by is completely false. yes, the game changes but the basic premises of it are still the same. he's lost the plot....yes, but the man is hardly a dumb coach, and I have news for you.....football isn't rocket science.
3. on buying talent: I disagree, outside of cech, kos, ozil and alexis, we stink. and that is a big thank you to the Grinch. where he falls short is in team selection, stubborn to change tactics (like he's always trying to prove he's right or refuses make adjustments during the game), and his blind loyalty to those players that aren't worthy to wear the arsenal kit.

sorry.....off my soap box.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 06, 2017 8:11 am

I'm sorry to have to correct you sir but Wenger IS tactically inept. His ineptness is there for EVERYONE to see. He is a tactical dufus, he is tactically brain dead, he is dreadful tactically.

What would someone need to do to be better tactically than Wenger ? Change tactics during the game. BAM - instantly better than him.

You cannot have one tactic for every match irrespective of the opponent and scenario and not be tactically inept.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate