Our battle for top 4

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Our battle for top 4

Postby Cripps » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:53 pm

Our job for the season is done. We stopped spuds going top. Now we and pray Leicester can hold on.

As for our own games, who cares.

Come on Leicester.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby johnnygunner44 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:26 am

groundhog day lol
johnnygunner44
Michael Thomas

Postby Gunflash » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Once we drew with Southampton, I started to suspect our main battle would be for 4th place. 8 points adrift of "financially doped" Leicester with 9 games left is too much to make up IMHO. Two things would need to happen - a total Leicester collapse (quite unlikely) and Arsenal winning all their remaining games (very unlikely).
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Gunflash wrote: Two things would need to happen - a total Leicester collapse (quite unlikely) and Arsenal winning all their remaining games (very unlikely).
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:15 pm

good result for us as man u lost in the top 4 battle. Next match for us is west brom away. I really hope someone from the club gives the tactics to use against west brom and their strength. If we play the same team we played yesterday, we wont beat them. They are the biggest team in the league and is absolute monsters in the air. Even spurs dominated us in the air. this is a match giroud hs to start. I fear wenger doesnt have the tactical understanding to see this sadly
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:17 pm

gooney wrote:good result for us as man u lost in the top 4 battle. Next match for us is west brom away. I really hope someone from the club gives the tactics to use against west brom and their strength. If we play the same team we played yesterday, we wont beat them. They are the biggest team in the league and is absolute monsters in the air. Even spurs dominated us in the air. this is a match giroud hs to start. I fear wenger doesnt have the tactical understanding to see this sadly

I'd start Giroud and Welbeck tbh
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:25 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
gooney wrote:good result for us as man u lost in the top 4 battle. Next match for us is west brom away. I really hope someone from the club gives the tactics to use against west brom and their strength. If we play the same team we played yesterday, we wont beat them. They are the biggest team in the league and is absolute monsters in the air. Even spurs dominated us in the air. this is a match giroud hs to start. I fear wenger doesnt have the tactical understanding to see this sadly

coquelin elnenny

welbeck ozil sanchez

giroud

But there is no way wenger benches ramsey :dontknow: And it would be suicidal to play him in central midfield next to coquelin as the guy is simply not a central midfielder
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:31 pm

gooney wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

coquelin elnenny

welbeck ozil sanchez

giroud

But there is no way wenger benches ramsey :dontknow: And it would be suicidal to play him in central midfield next to coquelin as the guy is simply not a central midfielder

Agreed.

Funny thing about Elneny, it's not like he did anything special yesterday. But an Arsenal player who holds his position, challenges for every second ball, goes for everything, is tireless with his workrate and can pass with some composure is now non-existent. He's not a great player, but ironically, he's what we're missing.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Yep he does the basics well which is far better than ramsey. We have missed a decent not super flawed central midfielder all season.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Leicester still have a few difficult matches. They could genuinely lose them without it being a collapse.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby Swan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Zenith wrote:
Gunflash wrote: Two things would need to happen - a total Leicester collapse (quite unlikely) and Arsenal winning all their remaining games (very unlikely).

As welll as city and spuds dropping points cause we could win all games and still lose to them if they dont drop enough
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Imo, Leicester and Spuds will both choke and not win. Sadly, we will too, so City will win
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Goondog » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:05 am

Will be interesting to see how Ramsey's injury affects things. Assuming we play Coq and Elneny in the middle that could be a fairly solid midfield , devoid of the sometimes suicidal forward surges Ramsey is prone to. I really hope Wenger doesn't bottle it and put flamini in there. I'm sick of watching him shoot his mouth off to everyone else before inevitably making some fundamental mistake himself. It takes more than just shouting at everyone to make an onfield leader which flam mistakenly thinks he is. Your own performance needs to be good if you're going to shout at everyone else's mistakes.
Goondog
Liam Brady

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Spurs have to play Chelsea, Southampton and Newcastle yet. We play City and Villa. They are two points ahead of us with a game in hand. There is a small chance we finish ahead of them.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun May 01, 2016 3:10 pm

if we finish 2nd this clown will claim we made progress

no thanks, let's let spurs have their day.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk