Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Postby weaponx57 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:44 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
UFGN wrote:My passion for it all is draining away. For looking forward to the future, for wanting better people to run the club, even for the club itself.

30 years a fan, but it's not the club I grew up supporting. Everyone at that club didn't need to be told that it was bigger than any man, any particular group of players, any era even.

The club's identity has been shape-shifted so that it now appears to many to be a cult of one manager, but It is so much more than that. Its a club which rose from its humble amateur roots to become an icon. A club which dominates the community it stands in.

When I was a kid we were very poor. No violins and sad stories, its just a matter of fact. In fact at one point we were homeless and lived in a cheap hotel near Highbury.

We had hardly any material possessions at all and pocket money was rare. There was another lad about my age who was in the same hotel, and we used to go together to the stadium on matchdays.

Not to go in and watch the match of cause, that would have been absurd. Even though it was cheaper back then it certainly wasn't free. We used to go just to be near it. To watch the crowd, the horses, the noise. And afterwards to find a ticket stub, or very occasionally a discarded programme.

To live near the great Arsenal Football Club was something to cling to, and something to be proud of.

That's the power that this club has.....that a kid would scrabble round on the floor to find a ticket stub just to feel like they're part of it. And where did that power come from? From it's history, its longevity, its wonderful successes.

How can anyone value one man above all that?

Must read

But that is your main problem alexis....you value the man over the club....why don't you get that?
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 pm

I don't actually support Wenger. It's sarcasm, mate. I can't believe anyone could even fall for that very obviously crap sarcasm
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon May 09, 2016 5:08 pm

you would've thought since berners-lee made the world wide web available in 1990 that people would wisen up and not believe everything people wrote on the internet
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Mon May 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Sims wrote:you would've thought since berners-lee made the world wide web available in 1990 that people would wisen up and not believe everything people wrote on the internet

It would be better if people stopped behaving like dickheads when nobody finds them funny, instead.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Massa » Mon May 09, 2016 6:10 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:you would've thought since berners-lee made the world wide web available in 1990 that people would wisen up and not believe everything people wrote on the internet

It would be better if people stopped behaving like dickheads when nobody finds them funny, instead.

difficult to disagree
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon May 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Massa wrote:
UFGN wrote:

difficult to disagree

Agreed
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Mon May 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Massa wrote:
UFGN wrote:

difficult to disagree
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Mon May 09, 2016 6:47 pm

not arguing that
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Mon May 09, 2016 6:55 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Massa wrote:
UFGN wrote:

difficult to disagree

Agreed

Then act upon it.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Massa » Mon May 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Zenith wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Massa wrote:
UFGN wrote:

difficult to disagree

Agreed

Then act upon it.

Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Big17 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby coach8smallball » Tue May 17, 2016 5:37 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:I don't actually support Wenger. It's sarcasm, mate. I can't believe anyone could even fall for that very obviously crap sarcasm

you sarcastic? complete and utter shambolic pile of praise.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Tue May 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:58 am

gooney hates dinosaurs:

gooney wrote:What.....I dont speak for everyone or use religion as reason. I just dont believe Dinosaurs existed. But even if they existed....why the hell does it matter. they were stupid animals that disappeared long time ago and the world has become better place without them. Fvck them I say
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:03 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

f**k THE DINOSAURS
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk